PDA

View Full Version : T-Bone Racing Bumpers

BitHed
03-26-2005, 01:52 PM
...A while ago when i picked up the 18T I was looking around for 'COOL' stuff, as you do...I really needed a bumper on my car because i had all these obstacles jumping out at me and I was hitting stuff and bending shock shafts and just not having fun...

...One day i found these guys, T-Bone Racing, who were doing these funky lookin' bumpers for the Mini T and some other platforms...So i mailed these guys, a family operation out of California, and asked them if they would be doing anything for the 18T...Well one thing led to another, the 18T market went crazy, BitHed and T-Bone worked some stuff out and within a couple of days of the Mini Inferno release T-Bone Racing will be the ONLY manufacturers of REAL, FUNCTIONING bumpers for the halfeight on the planet...Plain and simple...

...And as if that WASNT enough good stuff there IS more...Made from nylon or delrin and marked with their 'signature' three holes, the T-Bone range is available in Classic Black or several different 'dyed' colours including blue and green...

...OK...great bumper...strong, functions, looks great, over the double, smack the pipe on a funny angle and BAM...it breaks...It doesnt happen often but it does happen...T-Bone isnt in this for the short-term kids...This is a company that performs above and beyond the price they charge...You break it, you send it back, and as long as the bumper hadnt been modified at all then they send you a new one...Nothing more to pay for but the price of sending it back to them...Thats commitment...

...At this stage the bumpers for the MinFerno are the same as the 18T...

...M1...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/M1A.jpg

...M2...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/M2A.jpg

...M3...Not yet in production...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/M3A.jpg

BitHed
03-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Which of the THREE bumpers would YOU most likey put on YOUR Mini Inferno? This poll is a multi-choice poll so you can choose one of them or all of them...

...Also let T-Bone read your comments by posting here :) T-Bone drops in here more often that you think ;) Doncha fellas :D

quietfly
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Which of the THREE bumpers would YOU most likey put on YOUR Mini Inferno? This poll is a multi-choice poll so you can choose one of them or all of them...

...Also let T-Bone read your comments by posting here :) T-Bone drops in here more often that you think ;) Doncha fellas :D

I own two t-bones for my rc18t i perfer the m2.

http://www.isocorpinc.com/~quietfly/RC/pics/rc18t/cfchassis02.jpg

-Chris

RURC
03-26-2005, 07:01 PM
I would want the M2 made out of delron. Delron is almost indestructable and is self lubericating. Thus makeing it east to keep clean and slippery to all surfaces, no hanging up. I would prefeer it without holes. They can catch in things. But I will take one just the same.

HammerZ
03-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Need to see something like these for the Mini Z Monster. With a bend in it like the M2. Because sometimes those wheels do find something to grab onto. This look's like a good product.

BitHed
03-27-2005, 01:00 AM
...Hammer as well as being a great product they are backed by GREAT service :)

...They are quite thick as hey are but fitting one, a thinner one maybe, on the Mini Z Monster would be great...Thats definately a vehicle which needs a coat of armour...

mpetrich
03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
The M1 for me. I have one for my RC18T and it's great! :D
Matt

btrnn
03-27-2005, 05:19 AM
I would want the M2 made out of delron. Delron is almost indestructable and is self lubericating. Thus makeing it east to keep clean and slippery to all surfaces, no hanging up. I would prefeer it without holes. They can catch in things. But I will take one just the same.

If you want one of our bumpers without holes, just let us know when you order one. :)

Rich
Owner
T-Bone

btrnn
03-27-2005, 05:22 AM
...Hammer as well as being a great product they are backed by GREAT service :)

...They are quite thick as hey are but fitting one, a thinner one maybe, on the Mini Z Monster would be great...Thats definately a vehicle which needs a coat of armour...

Thinner is not always better! Not saving much weight at all. We will be making one for the MZ as well as the MQuake.

Rich
TBR

BitHed
03-27-2005, 06:40 AM
...I actually REALLY like the M1 and kind of like the M2...I want one to look like it was made for a racing buggy but to have all the BIG BALLS of a bashing truck WUWAHAHAHAA...Does that make ANY sense at all? :D

...I am enthused about the dyeing process too :) Will dyeing differnt colours work with masking something out? Like masking flames, dipping red, then removing masking and then dipping yellow...Will that work? I reckon that would look cool :cool:

ruknd
03-28-2005, 01:36 AM
i'd say 2 would be the best as it would not affect teh front angles and still protect the arms and knuckles...but then again...I think bumpers are like training wheels ;) ...go ahead triple the two doubles just land it right

BitHed
03-28-2005, 02:21 AM
...Rukn you hard-core beast you ;) lol...Bring on the trainging wheels baby cos im a going bashing...lol...$10 bumper to a 50 buck front end? Bumper please :o

bermbuster
03-28-2005, 02:42 AM
My t bone bumpers were the best investment I could have made. My son is 6 and he likes to crash........his bumper has some gnarley scratches and gashes but the truck is still in one pc.....I will be putting the tbones on our H8s too.

chrille
03-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I would like to have a M1 för outdoor racing/bashing and a M3 for indoor racing! :)

ruknd
03-28-2005, 08:53 PM
...Rukn you hard-core beast you ;) lol...Bring on the trainging wheels baby cos im a going bashing...lol...$10 bumper to a 50 buck front end? Bumper please :o
hahahahar core beats...easy there bit I didnt mean to get you that excited...yeah if I wasn't on a designated track I would DEFINATELY put a bumper in it...seems even if I jsut take my truck or buggy outside to check so much as a setup change before Friday racing a cobblestone curb lays its magnetic attraction and I sustain a broken arm, rod c hub...something.

$50 for a front end :eek: ...no separate parts like a arms knuckles and the like?

btrnn
03-29-2005, 02:45 AM
I would like to have a M1 för outdoor racing/bashing and a M3 for indoor racing! :)

I think the M2 will give you more bashing protection. The M1 is a good choice for racing.

Rich @ TBR

alfreddajero
03-29-2005, 03:00 AM
i also chose the M2 because of the angle of the bumper.....seems to be made more for jumps. :D

btrnn
03-29-2005, 03:05 AM
i also chose the M2 because of the angle of the bumper.....seems to be made more for jumps. :D

Everyone has their ideas and we are always listening and changing to meet the need. Keep talking and we will keep designing.

Rich @ TBR :D

BitHed
03-29-2005, 04:34 AM
...I like the M1 because its quite close to the stock style, small and low profile, but i will probably use the M2 for more protection as you say...

...TBR I have an idea for a design that i will sketch out and send you to see what you think...Its kind of a mix between the three of them...I just need some time and a digicam...

chrille
03-29-2005, 08:55 AM
TBR, your so right! :D Didnt think about the widness of the bumper, then my choice is changed to M2 for bashing/outdoor racing and the M3 for indoor racing! The reason that i like the M3 for indoor racing is that it`s a low profile on it.

halfEIGHT
03-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Thinner is not always better! Not saving much weight at all. We will be making one for the MZ as well as the MQuake.

Rich
TBR

Cool - shoot us an email about having us stock them in the Shop! :)