PDA

View Full Version : ...LUCKY MP 7.5

MOTRAIN
09-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey guys just won a 7.5 Sport buggy over the weekend in a raffle. I was wondering what is a good forum for getting info on the 1/8 scale scene. Also what parts are interchangable with this SPORT version? I know this is not the greatest buggy but it was free and I want to try it before I go crazy and get a 777 sp2 or something real pricey.

Thanks for the help!

Hawk
09-12-2005, 03:51 AM
The MP7.5 sport is a good starting platform. All of the parts are upgradeable to MP777/Sp and other aftermarket. The 7.5 chassis is different than the 777, very minor but many things do fit. I have taken a MP7.5 Kanai II and upgraded it to a MP777 SP1. Front suspension first, then rear. Then a spare chassis was put in and the radio try had to change. The biggest difference between the race buggy's and the sport versions is the diffs. they use the same basic parts, only less of them. The shock towers and chassis are not as thick and subject to bending.

If you are going to play in the back yard, just run it. When things start to break, replace it with heavy duty parts and soon you will have a full race buggy. I think the first things you will have trouble with are in the area of the center diff/spur gear. If it is the plastic one, change it right away. If you have the RTR, the motor that comes with it has part of the motor mount integrated into it. This will cause problems because you can't adjust the gear mesh. A littel wear and you strip gears. The change over is kind of expensive (if you have the readyset or RTR) you must replace the motor and mount system as well as upgrade the clutch, clutchbell and spur gear to metal. Once you change that, it should last a long time and you will be better off in the long run.

I have seen people get the readysets and race them the same day. Eventually parts are going to wear out, mine do and so the plastice ones will too, probably sooner than mine. It handles and drives like the real thing at considerably less cost and if you get the bug, 1/8 buggys will take over your life. Just relax and enjoy it. :cool:

MOTRAIN
09-12-2005, 04:21 AM
Ok cool.

So should I get complete new diffs off ebay or somehting.... or can I just get the guts and replace them using the housings I have?

Hawk
09-12-2005, 04:28 AM
inside the diffs are little axles and gears. buy diff gears and the shafts. they are cheap. you need to add two little gears to each diff (f/c/r). The crown gears and spur gear (the big gears on the outside of the diffs) are soft cheap pot metal. The hardended steel replacements cost about $30 each from Kyosho, ebay should be less. many times, I can get just the gears, I have to buy a whole diff on ebay. If you go to AMain hobbies here:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_133&products_id=3869 and here:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_133&products_id=3892 you will see the innards.
This is the crown gear (F/R diffs) :http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_133&products_id=3896
and this one for the center gear: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_133&products_id=3895

You can do it that way or buy all the parts to build a diff on ebay and have parts left over.
:cool:
Is it the ready set by the way? :cool:

I forgot, you need 2 of these also:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_133&products_id=3882.

MOTRAIN
09-12-2005, 04:49 AM
Yeah it is..... oh great tell me this thing really sucks......now :(

Hawk
09-12-2005, 04:56 AM
;) No man, it's kewl. Just run it and have fun. When you decide you are serious, the sky is the limit. You would probably be better off though getting a kit at that point and putting it together to see how is all fits and works. Then you can work on the 10,000 ways to tune it and drive yourself really nuts.

No really, there are setups the pros use and the out of the box setup is pretty close to a good useable deal. It is the best out there and has been for the last 8 or so years. The rest are now catching up and the changes to the top of the line infernos is so subtle many don't see it at all. I love these things and they are pretty rugged considering how much abuse they take.

If you need any help there are a couple of us on here that compete and there is Neobuggy.net. They are pretty serious and I think too serious. good guys though for the most part. Just have fun. :cool:

BitHed
09-12-2005, 05:08 AM
...EDIT: Fellas I took the liberty of splitting this from CRUNCH's original post :cool:

...Motrain all i need is part numbers mate...its monday now...part numbers...order in the parts...arrive next day...add gum...package and send...in fact just send me your college fund now and i will have you on the podium in less than two weeks ;)

...Once again Hawk has earned his keep...PanicToys always needed an in house 1:8 expert ;) Someone is DEFINATELY earning his winter bonus :D

MOTRAIN
09-13-2005, 04:15 AM
BitHed,

I do not have part numbers yet, but I am basically looking for Kanai 3 parts. They will bolt right up to this sport from what I hear. Can you get me some prices on the below items.

F&R Shock Towers
Shocks
F&R Chassis Braces
All 3 Diffs
Airtronics servos
Spektrum receiver

Anything else you can get your hands on!
I am between Kanai 3 & Racers Edge Pro Series upgrades right now.

Thanks,
MOTRAIN

BitHed
09-13-2005, 07:14 AM
...Rodger that Motrain...working on it...I think i will concentrate on KYOSHO parts...Racer's Edge i dont think is local...Give me a couple of hours...

...Hawk or anyone can you get me the KYOSHO numbers for these parts?

...EDIT: I will price the links posted above and go through the other stuff you are after...

Hawk
09-13-2005, 06:41 PM
BitHed,
F&R Shock Towers
Shocks
F&R Chassis Braces
All 3 Diffs
Airtronics servos
Spektrum receiver

Anything else you can get your hands on!
I am between Kanai 3 & Racers Edge Pro Series upgrades right now.

Thanks,
MOTRAIN
front shocks:IFW140
front shock stay:IFW145
rear shocks: IFW149 - IFW326 (SP1)
rear shock stay(Blue): IFW121BL
f/r diffs: are not available as a set unless you want the lsd diffs. (I don't recommend, some people do use them) Available on ebay as sets.
lsd front diff: IFW118
lsd Cntr diff : IFW119
lsd diffs are very expensive.

open diffs: f/r are if101,if39,org06,if103,if102,bs107,if106,brg005 (12/16mm bearings) times 2
Center diff: if104,if39,org06,if103,if102,bs107,ifw310,brg005

plus 12: 3/15mm TP F/H screws

Front/Rear chassis braces: don't use Kyosho parts here. get Racer's Edge Front:RCEPRO7512 Rear: RCEPRO7511
or King Headz front: KHZ-KP-060 Rear:KHZ-KP-070

King Headz is about half the cost of Racer's Edge (and Fioroni) and works.(see AMain hobbies)

You forgot the thick/hard chassis. Get Racer's Edge or Fioroni part. Much less flex and holds up better.
Kyosho part:IFW151

I recommend Futuaba 9350/9351 digital if you are using spectrum receiver. JR and Hitec make new hi torque digitals too. Old timers use Airtronics 357/359s but go with digitals and take the time to set them up correctly with aluminum arms.

Spectrums are all the same $159 at almost any place. You won't get a break overseas as the shipping from us to dealer then back to us costs $$.

:cool:

Sideshow
09-14-2005, 02:13 PM
im Running K3 shock towers and stuff...

I have a spare set if your interested.

I also am running the Firioni Chassis..>Excellent!
I have Firioni Braces too, and Firioni Knuckles. I am happy with my Kyosho...But NOTHING for parts here...I mean NOTHING.

BitHed
09-14-2005, 11:16 PM
...i have done the research and i now KNOW that PanicToys is a competeive player in the supply of world-class 1:8 parts at prices that will raise your eyebrows in SUCH a good way ;)

plain_simple
09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
now now now... why do i like to hear that?! :D :D

MOTRAIN
09-20-2005, 04:48 AM
What are the results? Any pricing onthe list I gave you?