PDA

View Full Version : Bearings

BitHed
03-24-2005, 05:19 AM
...The stock MinFerno has bearings in its three diffs; Front, rear and center...

...It takes 8 x 840ZZ bearings (8x4x3), TWO in each knuckle, to complete bearings in the machine...Each bushing, #IH03, needs to be removed and replaced with a bearing...

...PanicToys will do the KYOSHO 'STANDARD' set for 24 USD shipped...22 USD shipped with other items...These sets are not available yet...

...My 'BASIC' set, named 8840's (Eight Eight Fourties) will be 15 USD shipped...Unfortunately this price cannot be reduced for multiple orders...There is no real change in weight and I have these down as low as i can get them...They are by NO means CHEAP bearings...You want cheap you buy from a CHEAP place ;) THESE sets are ready to go right now...

...I am also in the process of arranging a 'PRO' set which may or may not be a COMPLETE replacement set, diffs included...Details TBC...

Trax
03-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey Bithead, do you think the mini-t wheel bearings will fit the halfeight? I am pretty sure they are 8x4x3 as well.

BitHed
03-25-2005, 12:00 AM
...Hey Trax...I guess so yeah..if they are the same size then yes for sure...

Trax
03-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Cool, I have an extra set for my mini-t. Thanks......

ruknd
03-25-2005, 03:46 AM
panic where is your stuff being shipped from? Are shipping costs going to make my Bum hurt?

BitHed
03-25-2005, 04:00 AM
...i include shipping right IN the mix...AND the percent that the devil at Pay-Ya-Pal sux out...Everything is hipped from Japan in lovely little inconspicuous brown envelopes with no name and ONLY a return adress...Nothing for customs or spouses to get upset about ;)

ruknd
03-25-2005, 04:05 AM
good to hear youre keeping thing the bithed way! NO spouse here and I made the shakey move of getting the girlfriend a B4 for valentines day...turns out she's addicted like me...the good is there's no jealousy of the "RC girlfriend" now..the bad news is all orders are doubled. The REALLY bad news is she runs a pink and purple body with flowers on it :p....but like I've said before...I did my job in bringing a cute blond betty into the hobby :D ...now follow my lead

BitHed
03-25-2005, 04:31 AM
...my wife is a non-believer...my son has just figured out the cool factor and for ages thought my REAL job was a 'toy' dealer...My wife used to hate panicToys with passion but she has figured out it keeps me sane...plus she likes it when PanicToys buys her stuff :D

ruknd
03-25-2005, 04:32 AM
...my wife is a non-believer...my son has just figured out the cool factor and for ages thought my REAL job was a 'toy' dealer...My wife used to hate panicToys with passion but she has figured out it keeps me sane...plus she likes it when PanicToys buys her stuff :D
get the wife a B4..it worked for me and RC is no longer the other woman but an activity we do together :p..and the sponsored guys have her car dialed in..for some reason they prefer to help a cutie over some sweaty guy...wonder why

hkopium
04-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Cool, I have an extra set for my mini-t. Thanks......

Have you installed the Mini-T bearings yet? Do they fit.

lukeita
04-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Hello
Are custom bearing sets available?
My H8 will arrive the day after tomorrow and I'd like to add "real" bearings...
thanks

adrenalinrush123998
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
ummmmmm......
so youre saying that the kyosho bearings and bitheads bearings are "fake" bearings?

how can you make a fake bearing?

hkopium
04-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Guys, here is the white mouse ---> ME

I just bought some "homemade" 4x8x3 (as informed by Bithed that they might work)

And the result is... YES!!! They fit perfectly!!! So people, go change them! No need to wait for Kyosho one, any 4x8x3 will do!

Installation is easy, if you have trouble, just ask, I am happy to help.

BitHed
04-04-2005, 03:13 PM
...hkopium...thank you :) I rest my case...

...Yes ANY 4x8 will work...But here are SOME purists who like to fit their cars with 'pure' parts...In this case KYOSHO...You might want to call them 'REAL' parts or you might not...No big deal :D

lukeita
04-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Hello
Sorry it was my mistake... :)
"Real" because the H8 isn't sold with bearings (="fake bearings or more correctly "bushing") ... not to mean your bearing set, BitHed, was a "fake" one!
I was asking about your set: do you already sell it?
Thanks!

crymynal
04-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey BitHed. I'm in Okinawa with my H8. I was wondering what your prices and shipping would be across the pond to the rock. What all do you have in stock? You can send me an email or post it here if you would like. US Dollars would be best but I can do the Yen thing also.

hkopium
04-04-2005, 03:51 PM
...hkopium...thank you :) I rest my case...

...Yes ANY 4x8 will work...But here are SOME purists who like to fit their cars with 'pure' parts...In this case KYOSHO...You might want to call them 'REAL' parts or you might not...No big deal :D

I should be the one thank you.

I am one of those purists you mentioned. But another month to wait... nah.

Other parts I may wait, but all bearings searve the same. If I could find ceramic 4x8x3 ones, I would bought them. But I couldn't... so just bought some metal covered ones... :(

crymynal
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
hkopium,

Here is a link to some from DuraTrax. They are $4 for two though

Bearings (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD103&P=K)

BitHed
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
...Lukeita...No problem mate i know what you meant...There is actually another set of bushings, in one of the diffs i think, and here is ANOTHER optional bearing set listed...I didnt know about this one but its deep in the diff...

...Crymynal mate I will email you about that...I will be in Oki in June or July for a week anyway...My school trip is down there so I will show up on your doorstep with 300 screaming girls...LOL...Look forward to that eh :eek:

...Hkopium...I sold a set of oil shox and an xspeed on the bay this morning and i still have one motor up...Right now I am so maxxed out of cash I cant eat lunch for the next 5 days...lol...

...I too am a purist at heart...My H8 will be mostly KYOSHO but you never know who might do something cool...Ceramic bearings I am working on ;)

crymynal
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
...Crymynal mate I will email you about that...I will be in Oki in June or July for a week anyway...My school trip is down there so I will show up on your doorstep with 300 screaming girls...LOL...Look forward to that eh

Sounds good BitHed...the email I mean. Check out the link in my signature so you can see what we like to do here. If you let me know ahead of time, I may be able to set up a little meeting and bring out the TOYS!!!

hkopium
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
...Lukeita...No problem mate i know what you meant...There is actually another set of bushings, in one of the diffs i think, and here is ANOTHER optional bearing set listed...I didnt know about this one but its deep in the diff...

;)

WoOt! Another pair of bushings are hiding inside the diff? I thought the diff is already using ball bearings. Dawn... Can you point out where about they are on page 38 and 39 of the manual?

BTW, do you guys found the diff is quite noisy?

hkopium
04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I found it (Pg. 35 lower bottom), the two metal bushing is located inside the Slipper Gear. 4x7x2.5mm

It looks quite complicated to re-assemble the gears... :(

adrenalinrush123998
04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
oh i thought you were talking about fake baerings.....maybe ,like bearings that were just metal bushings could be a fake bearing.....

is it confirmed that the mini-t bearing set will work? you can get mini-t bearing sets for less than ten bux!

BitHed
04-05-2005, 06:32 AM
...If the bearings are 8x4 then they will fit...But dont sell yourself TOO cheap on bearings...They will do the job they are supposed to and you dont want crappy ones that DONt do their jobs...Just my 2 cents...

...If there is something IMPORTANT that I have learnt by being in this industry is that you get what you pay for...That why you will never see PanicToys selling sub-standard parts...Another shameless plug :o

chrille
04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Looked at those bearings in the sliper clutch, but i regionized thats theres now idea for me to change them, cause my sliper clutch is so tightened that it dosent do anythin anyway! :P Think im gonna glue it together...

JuJuB
04-12-2005, 03:19 PM
what size BB do all the diffs take? Wat grease would i use 4 them

TNB
04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
is it confirmed that the mini-t bearing set will work? you can get mini-t bearing sets for less than ten bux!
I'm have Losi Mini-T bearings in my Half8. The transmission gears also appear to be the same size as some of the gears in the Losi Mini-T diff gear set.