PDA

View Full Version : LRP annouces 1/18th Buggy

janniz
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Maybe this one is for BitHed ('cause I think you like LRP)

http://www.rcweb.de/!bilder/shark.gif

- Scale 1:18th (alltough its only about 1 cm smaller then the HalfEight)
- Available as RTR Kit including: LRP A.I. Micro Reverse ESC, LRP Phaser Sport RX, and LRP-Cells

- Non RTR also available (without ESC, RX, TX but with motor)

- 4WD, blue aluminium oildampers, blue aluminium shock towers
- adjustable camber
- adjustable caster on front wheels
- CVDs at front and rear
- two spider-diffs

They say it will be available november...

I hope I translated it right - for those of you speaking german, heres the link: http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=102177388193

akura2
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
dam... more money out of my pocket....

at least there is competition.... and the class can start heating up

maxxenitout
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM
LRP has a very close relationship with Team Associated... I wonder if this the buggy that has been running thru Associateds rumor mill???

dam... more money out of my pocket....
I feel ya buddy, all I keep spending is "MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY!!" :D

rcguy
09-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Awesome... this is what this part of the hobby needs.... more small scale buggies...

gotta love spending more... and growing collection...

Mazda787b
09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Very cool, I guess this is the AE buggy everyone has been talkin about.

But damn, it is going to be expensive if it is comming with those electronics. Maybe AE will drop the XPS stuff in? You say it is 1/18, so how does it compare to the H8?

alfreddajero
09-09-2005, 12:31 AM
now that is just freaking awesome :D

JuJuB
09-09-2005, 01:05 AM
I bet this is going to b a lot of money cuz it comes w/ AL shocks and shock toweres CVDs, and spider-diffs all w/ the RTR.....unless I'm wrong and that stuff comes w/ the kit. speaking of kit, Ill probably get the kit when it comes out as my only chrismas present.

If I like it more than the H8, then I'm sellin my H8 and probbaly my 18t to get it and stuff for it(I'm cheap). :D
I agree with the rest of yall, it is about time the H8 had some competition. More variety. and people at the track won't always be smoked be the H8. I hope its drive train isn't like the 18t's and get rocks in it though.

BitHed
09-09-2005, 01:23 AM
..i value the competition...I think its great and yes i DO like LRP as a company...this platform will be SO expensive here...its kinda weird that the h8 started as a buggy and is now going truck and basically the 18T started truck and is now going buggy...Personally this is NOT on my shopping list and its sad that there will be yet ANOTHER platform that i cant supply parts for but it will be good to see what they come out with...i DO hope they have done their homework and have addessed the problems from the other platforms; rocks in the guts and funky center diff :cool:

JuJuB
09-09-2005, 01:42 AM
I hope they addresed those problems too because I don't want waste time/ money fixing them.

holy_inferno
09-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Is that buggy's drivetrain similar to the RC18T? Would it be as fast as the RC18T, or handle like the Mini Inferno?

I'm probably gonna stick with Kyosho's halfEIGHT series. :)

BitHed
09-09-2005, 05:41 AM
...Holy i second that...Im staying KYOSHO...it WILL be an interesting member of the 16:18 family though :)

mOOsE
09-09-2005, 06:01 AM
wow, Looks like the RC18T with Mike's (one18th) buggy body on it. It actually looks identical to his body. I am staying kyosho.....

Ferco
09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Looks nice, but I think I'll stick with Kyosho. Currently waiting for the ST :)

I have been wondering for some time now...why is it that so many buggies 1/8 and now 1/18 and 1/16 look very similar. For example, how the front shocks connect to the arms, the little plastic front bumper and so on. Aren't there any patents?

Who was the first to come out with designs like that, who was the originator?

akura2
09-10-2005, 04:02 AM
You say it is 1/18, so how does it compare to the H8?

it's only 1cm shorter than the H8 so it can't be truly 1/18 scale... it's probably more like the H8 than we know right now

BitHed
09-10-2005, 04:23 AM
...no one is counting...the ST is going to really mess up the scale anyway...lol...I wonder how the ST will compare with the 18MT...