View Full Version : 1/8 Inferno ST

Hawk
09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Bithed, How much is 54,000 y?
Can you get me one in november? :cool:

TOP > Product information > Car & Bike > Monster track/truck series > < Back

1/8 28 engine 4WD stadium tracks/trucks
Inferring no ST ready set
No.31351 Ready set price \ 54,600 (including tax)

Sale day: November of 2005 sale schedule

* The photograph is prototype.

DNA of champion of the world in stadium track/truck succession!

Champion of the world machine " inferring no MP7.5 " to the parent, long wheel based conversion with wide-tread conversion, and the big tire by the long span * suspension arm going around it is large transformation. Furthermore at one time being original is not, installing the stylish stadium track/truck body, it can enjoy the running of the not yet experience. Furthermore it loads liberal power and the GXR28 engine which holds torque, and treatment easiness. 3 diff. equipment freely using 4WD mechanism full-time, you learned running the whole distance power of the extent which shivers. As for suspension in fully stroke the dirt and the gravel you call not to reach, even with tar Mack the capability without regrettable showing. Furthermore therefore ready set of perfection completion, with just set of fuel and electric battery completion of travelling preparation. You will think the big running of the big size stadium track/truck and the っ drill probably will enjoy!

Ready set contents

プロポリンケージ completion factory completion chassis
Private manifold, muffler installing being completed
The paint * sticker it pastes and is completed factory completion body
パーフェックス cKt3dx / 2ch2 servo (KS302 servo specification) loading being completed
Recoil starter equipment GXR28 engine loading being completed
Plug heater
Fuel pump
※ Fuel, 12 single 3 dry cell batteries for プロポ, 2 as for size C alkaline dry cells for plug heater selling separately.

The GXR28 engine coupled with the 4WD chassis shaft drive 3 diff. * full-time, it actualizes the intense running.
Resin make oil damper in each wheel equipment. It equips the adjuster ring which can adjust spring tension simply.

The ダブルウイッシュボーン 4 wheel independent suspension which shows deep stroke and preeminent stability with the long span suspension arm.
You adopt the adjustment rod which can do alignment adjustment directly for each suspension.

You adopt the big tire of the pin spike form which shows preeminent grip power.
The high efficiency design which equips 18 thing bearings in drive system.

Approximately with it is effective and it equips the dual disk brake which can adjust taste.

The stadium track/truck of the future inclination which succeeds the DNA of champion of the world machine " inferring no ".
Ready set of all factory completions which can enjoy travelling with just set of the fuel and the electric battery. Body color ring being completed.
Option part for abundant inferring no enabled. It offers deep enjoyment by the fact that potential of running is raised.

Chassis technical data
Total length 500mm
Full-width 415mm
Total height 150mm
Gland clearance 35mm
Wheel base 350mm
Tread (F / R) 335mm / 337mm
Tire (also F / R) Φ 140×72mm
Gear ratio 15.22 : 1
Gross load Approximately 3,450g
Engine GXR28

□ Last date updated: September of 2005 5th

BitHed
09-06-2005, 11:48 PM
...YES Hawk i can this done for you...Mail me and lets talk about peanuts and potatoes...

mOOsE
09-06-2005, 11:50 PM
thats gross, i am telling

BitHed
09-06-2005, 11:51 PM
...Moose i dont get it..lol...

MBX-5 Guy
09-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Makes no sense, guess that's why it's funny!

Hawk
09-08-2005, 10:17 PM
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=911

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Hawk69/MUGZMT021.jpg

I knew as soon as I found one thing the other would show up. I have been looking for this upgrade kit for my sp1 for months. Now they start selling it.
I have seen the kit for the MBX5 and it is the real deal. The X5T truggy's are winning everything on the west coast, now I can get the MP777 Version. Makes the Kyosho ST look like a day late and a dollar short. :eek:

plain_simple
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
How much is that gona cost Bit? Is that the truggy based on the 777? And is that the Kyosho version or the MSR version?
That looks really good!!!

Edit 1: got it.. its the MSR conversion yummmyyy niceee!!!

Hawk
09-12-2005, 04:09 AM
If you liked that, try these (thank you Mugen Seiki).

http://halfeight.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=454 :cool:

plain_simple
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
wow :eek: thats niceeee! Is that also the 777 conversion kit?

I got as Mugen MBX4 that went to my shelf when i got the SP1 and i'm waiting to see if the Mugen conversion kit will fit on it so i could make a truggy out of a chassis that is just laying around with no use but i'm not sure if the parts will fit so i'm waiting for an answer from MSR. But... guess what?! I'm also waiting for an answer from someone that is selling a basic 777 for really cheap and if i do the deal then... i guess i will end up with 2 of those :o
Thank god my g/f kid is also addicted to this and that gives me a way out for the "why do you need two of those?" g/f question ;)

Hawk
09-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Yup, that's the 777 stuff. Mugen has been sitting on the Kyosho conversion. They got the rights as exclusive distributor for Kawahara conversion kits in the US. The MBX5 kit was out first. I have heard and seen the MP777 kit for as long as the MBX5 kit was out but it never hit the distribution channels. Now what in that kit is so different or strange that it took so long to get to market (not yet really, but soon :( ).
I think Mugen just sat on it till they got their MBX5 kit established and winning races. I already know of a couple of people that went with the x5 that were Kcar people because nothing was really available to put a competative truggy on the track.

[Flame off]. This is going to be hot. I can't wait, been trying to use a buggy chassis and work out the gearing details without getting too far afield. I have seen the Kawahara x5 examples and they are sweet. See you on the podium.

plain_simple
09-13-2005, 03:17 PM
I beleive you're absolutely right on the holding back issue. I also know ppl here that were Kppl and just bought the full package brand new because they couldnt convert their 777's.
I guess it makes sense that Mugen wants the hype to their own brand before throwing something in the market that might take all that hype away. Maybe Bit can help us on that one... I can't wait to get one of those... i got the SP2 conversion kit already and it makes a world of difference from the Sp1 handling wise and i think it should be the same on the truck conversion.
To be honest, i dont think that it will be available in Europe sooner then it will on the states so i guess we are both f*** :mad:

P.S.: will you spec that truck with a .21 engine or are you thinking about some more muscle for that project?

Hawk
09-13-2005, 05:57 PM
We love the SP1 and have gotten really good results with it. I will be building a new 'A' car with all new in nov/dec time frame. With that I will put in the truggy conversion into a backup chassis (SP1) for the A truggy. The old SP1 will be the backup for the buggy and the truggy. We have had really good luck with lack of breakage as we got smarter so I have spare parts and a complete spare car (w/motor).
We have already run a truggy built on the backup buggy chassis. The probs. w/gear ratio was obvious but not as bad as I expected. We finished well with a .21 and 48/13 gearing. The clutch took a beating but held up beautifully (RMV SpeedII by the way.) We used proline bowties on proline wheels that are for Ofna trucks. They have the standard 17mm setup and the correct offset for standard buggy arms. I use Futaba 9350 digital servos and they work well in this app. I put 30k/50k/10k fluid in the diffs and slightly stiffer shock fluid to compensate for the heavy tire/wheel setups. Driver had to back way down on the dual rate because the steering was too quick. :cool:
With the longer wheel base, it should cut down on the wheelies that the gearing will help. Acceleration out of the corners with 13/62 gearing should be awesome. I think it is too high, maybe 14/62 is better, we will see. I don't know what to do about tire/wheel setups. T-maxx config. that comes with the conversion or use proline 17mm-23mm conversion adapters and use the Revo/40 series wheels/tires available. Not sure yet.

As for the engine, I was pleasantly surprised with a OS Vspec/SpeedII setup. Plenty of torque to wheely and top speed down the straight. I will stay with the OS .21 for now with the thought that if this winter shows it to be not enough motor that we could try a Collari 30/32(?) or the Nova .28. I know people that are having lots of problems with clutch life in the big motors. Helped a friend by introducing him to ceramic clutch bearings. He said that they lasted a whole race weekend instead of one or two races like he was used to. And they spin for days.

I will upgrade the A buggy to a new OS Vspec (maybe have it modded by Andy Brown) and use the Vspec in the current buggy with a new rod and bearings in the Truggy. As you can tell the Truggy is not the primary thrust of our racing program yet. I like it and it is a growing class.
See ya on the track. :cool:

BitHed
09-13-2005, 11:02 PM
...im working on parts numbers and prices fellas...You find a link to the parts you want / need mail it to me first and see if i can beat it ;) MAIL it to me...lets not air ALL our laundry on site ;)

Hawk
09-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Don't worry Bit, when I start my re-building program you will have to rent a container to ship the parts. :cool: Too bad you don't have access to Harley Davidson parts. I got some building to do there too.
Just chewing the fat about the sorry state of the sport and so on.
Come November I will be building a Buggy and a Truggy. I want to see what this 1/8 ST looks like. I hope I can use that to build up instead of buying Mugen.
So can you get OS engines too?

plain_simple
09-14-2005, 02:18 PM
1- I put 30k/50k/10k fluid in the diffs
2- Acceleration out of the corners with 13/62 gearing should be awesome. I think it is too high, maybe 14/62 is better, we will see.
3- T-maxx config. that comes with the conversion or use proline 17mm-23mm conversion adapters and use the Revo/40 series wheels/tires available. Not sure yet.
4- OS Vspec/SpeedII setup. Plenty of torque to wheely and top speed down the straight.
5- I know people that are having lots of problems with clutch life in the big motors. Helped a friend by introducing him to ceramic clutch bearings.

1 - i'm using 50k/70k/10k but that depends a lot on the circuits
2 - I think you're probably right about the 14/62 setup as the best one, but again, it depends on the circuits.
3 - T-maxx config. that comes with the conversion will give you less mass weight on the wheels to be pulled and as long it still gets power on the ground and the truggy reacts well on landings and steering should be the best option in my opinion.
4 - I guess i will get new bearing and rod for my Picco Mod engine instead of buying a big block then and probably get a new O.S. or RB depending on the prices for the SP2
5 - yeah, thats an issue for sure, special coz of the clutch bearings. By the way, could you also put a word for me on those ceramic clutch bearings?! :D

One thing is for sure, truggys will be a new scale not even related to 1/8 buggy's sooner or later. Here in Europe is growing big time too and in my country there's already people that will promote races next season. I think that truggys ended the "too heavy, too high and too slow" stigma the MT had till now.

plain_simple
09-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Is there any updates when that kit will be available? Bit? Anyone?

Hawk
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Hawk69/ttrs1-1.jpg
TTR Stadium Truck http://www.acehobby.com/ace/TTR6233.htm

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Hawk69/Side20view20with20body.jpg
Hong Nor X1CRT

There are subtle but important differences between the two approaches. I have also seen pics of the TTR ST 1, it follows the Inferno ST approach.
There is the 1/8 Stadium Truck approach used by Inferno and TTR. Body is mounted low with low shock towers and shorter shocks. Most have longer arms on the suspension.
The second approach is the Truggy or Buggy/Monster Truck. Mugens two kits, the HN X1CRT and the GS SUT is standard shocks/towers, body sits higher and often has the buggy wing.
I think the ST approach will be a better truck on the track. Kyosho arms are their plastic arms. They have done them before and just resurected them. The body isn't as low as the TTR ST but it can be made that way. Lower the ride height a little and it is going to be very fast in the transitions. Use the spring in the tires along with the grip of these big tires and harden the springs/shocks. You don't need as much travel in the shocks now and the center of gravity gets lower.
I know the Kawahara kits are solid and I may get one anyway. I have a chassis to put it on. I want to thrash an Inferno ST because I want to see what they did with gearing and other things. Details, details, the devil is in the details.
The gearing on a truggy to get the rpm where it should be with the effective gear change made be the larger diameter tires is a problem. The kawahara conversion uses a large diameter center gear. This increases the rotating mass which affects the power required to accel +/- the drive train. I was looking at changing gearing through f/r diff gearing changes which would keep the center diff gear the current size and keeping rotating mass to a minimum. Kyosho has worked on this as well as mass placement around the center of gravity and roll center.
So, maybe, maybe not. I have already seen the Kyosho idea of a race version of the Inferno ST with a Sirio motor(not my choice). I know the parts are out there, it is just a matter to see what the setup is and finding the parts to fit. This is one are where Kyosho (and Tamiya) have a huge advantage. They have made many configurations based around a platform in one scale. They have hundreds of shocks either in production or on the shelf. :cool:

46u
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM
I am waiting on the Hellfire to hit the streets. I think this is going to be a killer truck! I see some mentioned Harley Davidson. I have been riding and making my living working on them none stop for over 35 years. Matter of fact I did a short 10,000-mile trip this last July from Georgia to Alaska and back. I sell a lot of old HD parts on ebay.

plain_simple
10-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah i saw that Ofna truck too... sounds like a good bet.. i like it :)

BitHed
10-10-2005, 01:06 AM
...the HellFire would be my choice if my life involved Nitro...

...The Kawahara conversions i can now get...370 USD shipped for the MP777 version and 350 shipped for the Mugen one ;)

sanny632
10-20-2005, 02:06 PM
hey bit, any word on the inferno st release? i really want the ready set