PDA

View Full Version : 3Racing Roll Bar sets?

Smoothound
09-05-2005, 08:12 PM
As with most of the hop ups from the main contenders these again come with no fitting advice :rolleyes:

I've just thrown the rear one on as I'm rebuilding my car and I'm unsure exactly how tight are you supposed to make the set screws in the plates that bolt to the diff housings? If you tighten them up it limits the action of the roll bar but if you leave them loosish eveything can move too much :confused:

BitHed
09-06-2005, 03:17 AM
...the KYOSHO instructions say hold firm...I set it up loose...I am running KYOSHO but same difference...the screws on the diff case JUST touch the bar...The ends JUST fit into the ball pivots on the arms...it isnt tight at all....works a treat on the back...probably wont put one on the front...

Smoothound
09-06-2005, 07:23 AM
On the 3Racing ones you've got the 4 screws in the clamps the 2 grub screws that actually screw down onto the roll bar :confused:

BitHed
09-06-2005, 07:28 AM
..the four screws you clamp with go in as normal and shouldnt affect the bar too much...just dont go crazee tightening them...the grub screws (actually called IMO-NEJI in Japanese, because IMO is grub, OR potato depending on your accent) i put in reasonably loose...the rod moves up and down quite freely with no grinding or rubbing feeling...Then i just threaded them through the pillow balls on the arms, again quite loosely, up to the point where they have that bend that directs them BACK towards the gear casing...pretty easy...Will try to get piccies tonight...

...actually the KYOSHO rod has SMALL grubs for the THICK rod and LONGER ones for the thinner rod...I put in the softer rod...KYOSHO gives you TWO...

Smoothound
09-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I'll just fiddle, use plenty of Loctite and see what happens. I'm sure the 3Racing ones are all the same size.

There are 3 bars in the 3Racing sets to chose from, I've currently fitted the rear medium only to see what happens :D