PDA

View Full Version : Shock sleeves

gulfclk
09-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I've seen some people using shock sleeves ... guys like maxxinitout have black ones. What are they made of, where to get them, ...

All the info is welcome because ... I WANT SOME!!!!!!! :o

Thanks guys for all the help,

Gulfy

maxxenitout
09-05-2005, 03:28 PM
They are available from www.badhorsie.com they are made for small buggies, Losi, Assoc. and so on. Only cost $8.00 and you can make 2 sets from 1.

gulfclk
09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
They are available from www.badhorsie.com they are made for small buggies, Losi, Assoc. and so on. Only cost $8.00 and you can make 2 sets from 1.

Thanks mate,

Tom

BitHed
09-06-2005, 12:02 AM
...thats right ...i forgot all about these...They will be a must for the stealth truck i am hoping to do ;) Which item should i be ordering? Or is it a no-brainer?

...EDIT: Is this the explanation i should be looking for?

"Small/Buggies; Team Associated, Losi, Duratrax, etc.
Fits spring Dia. .620" - .670" (15.75mm - 17.00mm)
Fits any spring Length up to 3.000" (76.00mm)
Quantity: (4) Shock Covers"

maxxenitout
09-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Yup bit those are them. :)

BitHed
09-06-2005, 04:03 AM
...stylee...thanks mate...Im good to go ;)

maxxenitout
09-06-2005, 04:05 AM
Geez i hit back on my browser and you already replied.... You reading my mind? ;)

BitHed
09-06-2005, 04:12 AM
...well Maxxen it doesnt take long to read YOUR mind :p BTW i just invited the BadHorsie Crew to stop by for a natter...hopefully they can make it :cool: Where was that other thread that mentioned these shock boots...I suppose i had better show them that one too...Have to keep our manufacturers happy ;)

...EDIT: Here it is...the first thread that mentions BadHorsie...They HAVE to come online now ;)

http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508&highlight=boots

BitHed
09-06-2005, 05:08 AM
...ok i will do the office work on this one ;) Click the link to get to badhorsie.com (http://www.badhorsie.com/)...

...OR read this about their boots...

"Although our Shock Covers may look cool we can assure you that this is not their reason of origin. We have been using them for years due to the simplicity of minimizing shock rebuilds. As most avid RCer's see the need to rebuild their shocks for maximum handling performance, we have yet to meet anyone who enjoys doing it, particularly on an eight-shock RC Monster Truck. As with any scale of vehicle, shocks make all the performance difference in the world, with the power-to-weight-ratio's we have these day's if you can't put it to the ground and keep it there, what's the point? Because of this very reason, we pay just as much attention to our shocks and suspension as we do our nitro content or battery conditions."

...There IS more but you have to go and read it ;)