PDA

View Full Version : Mini Rage Photos

TEKIN 11
09-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey all you HalfEighters, I took some photos of the TEKIN Mini Rage Brushless, and thought I would show them to all of you. The fit is very cool, check out how I used a TEKIN Chrome Receiver to mount the Engine Head. Awesome for anyone who wants to keep that Nitro Inferno look, right? This is the perfect setup to do it with!! :D

But, Shhhh......You didn't get them from me ;) ....

maxxenitout
09-05-2005, 04:26 AM
So how does it run???

BitHed
09-05-2005, 04:35 AM
...I would say get rid of the head, clear out a spot and lay everything down nice and clean...At least give a decent look at those TEKIN units ;)

plain_simple
09-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, tells us how it runs... i'm curious on that one too

Hammer
09-05-2005, 10:29 PM
...I would say get rid of the head, clear out a spot and lay everything down nice and clean...At least give a decent look at those TEKIN units ;)I have to agree with Bit, oh btw, how does it run? Don't keep us waiting too long. :)

J.E.
09-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I want know how it run too!! my friend

TEKIN 11
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I want to lay everythign down flat, but it all just didn't fit and look good. Plus I thought it would be a little cool to keep the head, but it can go just as easily.

This thing runs awesome! I have only tested using a Matched GP1100 6-cell, and it is so insanely fast with the 8K that it is hard to keep it between the rails. And I have even geared it down 2 teeth on the pinion from stock. I took some video the other day, and I'm working as fast as I can to get something put together for you guys, as this is THE premiere HalfEight site! :D I'll show it on the same jump, stock, 5.4 Kv, and the 8k. Big difference in the three and it is cool to see the progression.

Now I have heard that these particular size motors get really hot when running on 8-cell, but on 6 it is about normal, and is plenty fast. I can clear any jump I need to on our track, and the largest one is about 19 feet. and probably 24-25 if you go for the quad, and I almost made it last night, 3/4 throttle with a 9 foot run on loose dirt! I'll get those shots up hopefully by Friday, so have faith!

Team Tekin

TEKIN 11
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Here's a shot without the Head.

Hammer
09-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Cool, thanks for the report. Can't wait for the video. As far as your layout goes, looks pretty clean, in plan anyway. ;)

TEKIN 11
09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks.....I wish I could lay them both flat too, there just isn't enough space on the top deck...I had the RX mounted over the servo, but then I had wires everywhere, and that drives me nutz! :confused:

BitHed
09-07-2005, 12:14 AM
...looks good...nice touch with the TEKIN sticker on the deck...Good luck with the video...Keep in touch ;)

k_bojar
09-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Can't wait to get my Mini Rage...

Its gonna have a nice home in my Half8 :D