PDA

View Full Version : Finally, my baby!

gulfclk
09-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I received it on Friday. I ordered 2 cars with a lot of hopups for mine. The other one was for my friend ... only shocks and alu shock towers for him + the bearings of cours.

My wish list was a bit longer ... damn, I wish I wasn't such a freak.

Well, mainly, full aluminium suspension (uprights are still to come in red ... which will go perfectly in coulor combination with my AON 4900 I hope).

I already did some moding ... you wouldn't expect anything else. The main mod will be that the original mid part of the car will be canged. The front and rear stiffering braces are taken out as well as the original 2 part upper deck. As the braces are taken out, I got more space for the steering servo (Graupner MG). I turned around the servo horn on the servo so it can sit more to the center of the car, which leaves me enough space to put the receiver on the bottom as well, just next to the steering servo.

I first thought of running 6 cells, but with all this, I even have place for 10 cells, so 8 will be the way I go first. I still have to make the packs. These are cells I have from my blindbatts packs for my Mini-T, which is finally sold. The battery clips will remain standard and only the center part for the holders will remain. It will be attached to a new home made carbon fibre upper deck which will be made in a couple of days. This deck will sit higher than the original onewhich will even make the chassis stiffer than before.

That's it for now ... I'll keep you warm with some pictures. Any good ideas are always welcome.

type r
09-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi my friend,

glad you finally recieved it. But - knowing you - it wont look like this for long :D .
BTW : Today we ran our FG Marders on an exhibition and during the breaks I took out my H8.
Response from the crowd was a bit like "what does he wanne proof with that little thingy :confused: ". (You can't blame them. I'ts about 1/5th the size of a Marder.)
That was until they saw the speed .... Like someone said : "Mouths open everyone!" :eek:

Great fun !

One of these weeks we have to come together and race !

greetings

BitHed
09-05-2005, 12:52 AM
...looks good gulfy...I have been concerned with the REAR upper platform for a while but you definately went a step further with your set up...Interesting...i am looking forward to your next mods...I never thought about moving that servo like that...Almost looks like a different car with al that extra open space you have :cool: