PDA

View Full Version : Trying to break the habit

quietfly
03-24-2005, 03:25 AM
My name is Chris and and am an alco... er sorry wrong intro. Anyway, i've been a addict for the past 14 years. I used to do alittle but a little would not do, so the little got more and more, i just keep trying to get alittle better than the little i had before. I finally burnt out. I stopped racing, building, i even gave up my motor sponsor,( i only had to do 4 races a year).
I just re-attained my love for RC via a wonderful little truck called the rc18t. I have since spent hours, even days ignoring my wife and children in pursuit of perfecting my truck.
I found this site from Yourmicro.com thats where i normally hang out.

I tend to like shoving big motors in small cars. I am a co-creator of the aktionRC 540 hybrid.

I can see myself already working on the mini-inferno. i believe brushless lipo will take the "half-eight" to insane places in RC. I'm just happy to love my hobby again.
I can't wait to get one to tear it apart.

-Chris

BitHed
03-24-2005, 03:28 AM
...gee quietfly, dont you come NEAR mine...lol...Its great to have another 'knowledgeable' user on the boards...I am feeling more inferior every day ;) WElcome anyway and we all look forward to you earning your keep ;)

RURC
03-24-2005, 03:47 AM
...gee quietfly, dont you come NEAR mine...lol...Its great to have another 'knowledgeable' user on the boards...I am feeling more inferior every day ;) WElcome anyway and we all look forward to you earning your keep ;)

Where did that GURU thing come from? I have to put boots on my computer now.

That Bit always sucking up. Use the other end of that screwdriver, you should HOLD the handle in your hand Bit. Well at least he's really a great guy. Who loves ya Bit. Don't go to the mile high thing again.

Glad your here oh great silent fly. Did you get that name because no one can hear you undo your fly?

quietfly
03-24-2005, 04:07 AM
That Bit always sucking up. Use the other end of that screwdriver, you should HOLD the handle in your hand Bit. Well at least he's really a great guy. Who loves ya Bit. Don't go to the mile high thing again.

Glad your here oh great silent fly. Did you get that name because no one can hear you undo your fly?

I think i like this board already.... :D

The name is from a former life when i used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes for no apparent reason ;) . It's my handle and it just stuck. one of the guys in my Pod had a "nickname" of Sheepboy b/c his parents moved to perth to raise sheep. Although teasing the 6 foot 6 270 lb guy who carried your heavy gear on 11mile runs, probably was not the best choice we ever made. So comparitivly quietfly wasn't so bad.

BitHed
03-24-2005, 04:25 AM
...seeing your buddy was SheepBoy then you got off easy mate...lol...Do i smell ex-military? Or gypsy nomads? :p

quietfly
03-24-2005, 05:10 AM
...seeing your buddy was SheepBoy then you got off easy mate...lol...Do i smell ex-military? Or gypsy nomads? :p

Definately gypsy nomads........ :D although i'm told they use velcro so that the sheep dont recognize the sound.... :D

:p

Are you in the service in JP or just lucky enought to work there ?

-chris

BitHed
03-24-2005, 05:20 AM
...just lucky...or insane...but probably both

quietfly
03-24-2005, 05:34 AM
...just lucky...or insane...but probably both

I can under stand that those freaky toilets would do to drive anyone insane :p

TNB
03-24-2005, 05:53 AM
The name is from a former life when i used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes for no apparent reason ;)
Airborne! Of course, they were never perfectly good airplines since they had pilots. At least, I never met a perfect pilot.

quietfly
03-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Airborne! Of course, they were never perfectly good airplines since they had pilots. At least, I never met a perfect pilot.

Tell me about it. they were always like "I'm alraedy past bingo so you guys have to go" nevermind that we were supposed to be doing recon, but he was dropping us in a live fire zone. plus they could never read funny papers right either.

Actually i've met a few helo pilots that could hold there own in a fight, but thats most likely becuase gunships were made to be shot down :p

-Chris

halfEIGHT
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Chris, welcome over from YM! The bad news is, we haven't developed a 12 step program for this yet (heck, it's not even out yet!), but we have got a nice little support group going here! :)

aktiondan
04-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Chris! So this is where you've been hanging out? Dude I'm getting calls from law firms showing up on my caller ID, that wouldn't be you by chance? :confused: Please say it is. So are you thinking of getting this car? It looks pretty sweet, and may be in need of a serious power makeover aktion if you know what I mean. ;) Oh and I think you know what I mean. Anyway, I just joined the board and may kick around here for a while. Try calling me when I'm actually home. :cool: