PDA

View Full Version : Possible Track Ressurection?: 1992-2005 =P

neu79
08-29-2005, 05:01 AM
Started in 1992, 3 of my cuzins and I were bored that summer and decided to build a track and get back into rc's. Drawings were made by my cuzin and we got to work on the empty lot behind my house. Day after day of moving dirt from down the hill the track was starting to come around. About after about a month it was pretty much done.

We dusted off our 1st set of r/c cars from back in the day: Tamiya Frog's, Falcons, Grasshoppers, Superchamps, as well as a couple newer cars at the time, Turbo Ultima and i think someone had a RC10, Kyosho Rampage Outlaw. We were planning on expanding to make room for the 1/8th scales (Mugen/Burns/Ofna something) that we just built then sadly we just stopped playing with the cars shortly after. I guess it was cuz of school/work no $$$ to fix the cars =P...

anyways i took a look at the lot back there and after a decade I saw the outlines of the track were still visible... the only thing missing was the bridge that was built at the end of the lap start/finish line (dubbed "suicide bridge" for the older cars :p ) and i think the area maked 4. was a double laned banked turn... great basher track!

Now that I have a little money to play with and my 1st r/c car in over 10 years (Kyosho Half8) I may have to revive the track... i'll keep you posted.

http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/NEURCTRACK92-850.jpg

BitHed
08-29-2005, 01:13 PM
...Neu buddy a few more bumps and humps and some more 'hills' in there and mate you have the makings of a grand looking track...Go on! Go for it..You know you want to ;) Keep us posted...We are looking for anice big track to hold the first H8 International Xmas Race Series :D

BiGRoB21
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
break out the shovles, hoes and rakes and get that thing back up. smooth it out some and add some nice jumps, woops, and rythem sections. throw in a fe off camber turns a lane jump and u will have a super nice track. maby ass some mogles. looks like u have a nice layout there as of now.

i planed on building a track soon, but my area was just torn thought by that cat5 hurricane trina, so we will see if i can still do that when we get to go back home

Inferno454
08-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Yes, break out the hoes.... and shovels.

R32dude
09-01-2005, 05:38 AM
you dont happen to live anywhere near Santa Cruz do you? Hoping w/ fingers crossed! :D