PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Hop-Ups Parts (3Racing/Atomic/CPM/SATO..etc)

neu79
08-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Anyone have issues with any aftermarket parts (fitting/durabitily/overall quality.. etc)? I've mainly purchased 3Racing and so far everything i've gotten seems good. I have one issue with an Atomic Kingpin/Screw Set posted here (http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8995&postcount=23).

Sideshow
08-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Kyosho stuff for me has been TOP NOTCH. I have the Alum engine mount and I had the X-speed but sold it.

3Racing is good. I have the Alum shock towers, oil filled shocks, CVDs and the aluminum rear toe blocks. 1,2 and 3 degree

Sato I only have 2 of there springs...But good stuff

Fironi- Simply the BEST fitting parts...I did pay near 30US for the front steering blocks and 34US for the rear knuckles but there amazing!!

BitHed
08-28-2005, 11:48 PM
...KYOSHO doesnt really count as third-party...Quality is great and things not fitting is a non-issue...Speed of release is a small problem and cost is something which puts people off...IMO shocks, gears etc, ie TECHNICAL parts KYOSHO is best...

...for billet or cast alloy parts ie braces, towers etc 3RACING is good...They are very on the ball...GPM makes goood stuff but you DO hear or mis-fitting parts, not JUST for this platform either...All shapes and sizes...

...both ATOMIC and GPM have been known to NOT include instructions and /or necessary hardware which can turn a simple both-on part into a nightmare...Smoothound's gear boxes a case in point...

...i cannot commment on FIORINI parts because they are just TOO expensive for me to justify ever purchasing them...

...In Japan we have a crew called FiveStars which is very good stuff...great cut, great quality lower price...Just not readily available outside Japan unless someone like PanicToys starts selling them...

...All in all so far 3RACING should have you covered and not present too many problems in fitting...

Joan
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
What about CAW??, I'm gonna buy some stuff from them. It seems ood quality maybe better than asian manufactuers.

BiGRoB21
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
i have the caw towers, that they are a really nice fit and they are made super sturdy!.

i know Ephidelt490 has the sato alloy kit, and he said the quality and fit was awsome, pluss he got the kit for like 50$ shipped