PDA

View Full Version : Should i get one and why

alfreddajero
08-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I was at my lhs yesterday and saw a couple of them......169.00 bones......i need to know what to get (ie....hopup) and such......i heard its slow as a dog right out of the box........Im not a newbie when it comes to micros at all. :D

Sideshow
08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Yes you should :)

I would install these right away:

Bearings
Oil Filled Shocks
8 or 6 Cell Battery Pack

I am very happy with mine, I made a jump and everything for mine and bash alot in my house.

alfreddajero
08-27-2005, 04:52 PM
So you mean to say that the 8 comes with bushings.....instead of bearings...man that sucks. Does kyosho have a bearing set out already. :D

BiGRoB21
08-27-2005, 05:29 PM
mini-t wheel bearings fit. just get a set of thoes
then get some oil shocks and a 8 cell battery pack.
also get some alloy shock towers, bb steering crank and rear hubs. that should be all the nessicary upgrades besides electronics

i was debating on getting one of these for a while, and when i got some extra cash i picked one up. all i can say is its awsome! handels just like and 8th scale and with a 8 cell pack and mamba 6800 this thing scoots ! ( waiting to get the aon4900) but its definatley a nice car and you will have loads of fun with this thing.

wartown
08-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Alum. front knuckles are a must. the plastics ones strip bad. Dont htink you need a alum. shock tower.

neu79
08-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Here's the list of parts that didnt make it after countless jumps on my homemade ramp :D .

#1 - Front Shock Tower Cracked : Replaced w/ 3Racing Alum. Tower
#2 - Front Steering Knuckle Striped : Replaced w/ 3Racing Alum. Knuckles
#3 - Front C-Hub Carrier Cracked in Half: Replaced w/ 3Racing Alum C-Hub
#4 - Stock Wheels : All of them have cracks :eek:

*I wouldnt have been in any rush to replace these if they didnt break! but from what i hear across the boards these are common things to give-out. Also, the jump that i have isnt extreme or anything but i got my h8 to fly over 10 feet in the air! (which was kewl but then it was about to hit something so i tried to brake the get the car to land and it fell to one side and cracked that hub. hehe)

Here some parts that i got that seemed to make the most difference:

- UnitedRC Sport 8-cell Pack
- Rocket400 Motor
- 3Racing Bearings
- 3Racing Oil-Filled Shocks

And just tighten up that slipper and you should have a blast mashing it around. I have both a RC18MT and this Half8, out of the box the RC18MT just blows away the stock half8 but with that $10 Rocket400 and battery pack the half8 will be up to speed and, personally, more fun to drive/bash/race around that my RC18MT(stock).

alfreddajero
08-28-2005, 11:46 PM
cool i will greatly consider getting the 8. :D

BiGRoB21
08-29-2005, 01:28 AM
if u want the preformance oh a 8th scale for half the price its definatley the way to go cause the handel exactley alike !

alfreddajero
08-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah but the down side to the 8 is that in order to get the drivetrain running super smooth i will need to buy the bearings....anything that rides on bushings creates friction and causes the vehicle to move slow. I will see what parts my lhs carries, but i might just get one anyway for the hopup factor if there is any. :D

Hammer
08-29-2005, 02:21 AM
The shop here has many hop-ups and replacement parts in stock and ships very quickly! :D

David also prices items competitively! In my experience if shipping is included you can get the same, if not better, price on parts here compared with anywhere else. ;)

BiGRoB21
08-29-2005, 02:13 PM
for the bearings all u need is a mini-t wheel bearing kit.

Inferno454
08-29-2005, 11:33 PM
get 1 just because they are DROp DEAD SEXY and they can take a serious beatin he he he... but fo hop ups get

1. OIL SHOCKS!
2.bearing 4 wheels (tranny already has them)
3. 8 cell pack
4 hop up motor (ie XSpeed, rocket 400)