PDA

View Full Version : ...stock?

BitHed
03-23-2005, 03:33 PM
...Here is the motor I believe, after MUCH discussion and umming and ahhing over hot can coffee and cigarettes, to be the stock motor...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/20050324_012435.jpg

...There is more on the PAGE (http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/cgi-bin/catalog/e_catalog.cgi?CAT_ID=rs_380ph) than in the picture...

...Dont worry about what appears to be a heat sink on the diagram...a heat sink DOESNT come stock...And right now my digicam thinks its a toaster so no pics but i picked one of these motors up and chucked 18g and ultras on it....Much heavier than i thought it would be but nice and meaty :cool:

Mazda787b
03-23-2005, 08:27 PM
I THINK I found w hat the upgrade motor will be in my tower catalog. I just need to find the part #s again and put them into the online catalog for specs. Hopefully, I can still get one of these, I want one sooo bad.

BLACKHAWK444
03-24-2005, 03:20 AM
LOL. It is used as a car antenna puller/pusher and a vacuum cleaner. Maybe I could sell it to some car or vacuum manufacturer once I replace it will a mamba or beast ;)

BitHed
03-24-2005, 03:26 AM
...i hooked it up to an 18T six-pack of GP1100 and it was kinda cool but then i stuck it into a halfeight 8 cell and the torque spun it out of my hands and sparks set my hair on fire, oh no wait...that was Michael Jackson :D It was mighty funky anyway...

...Tonight I will be redoing it with 16g to natch my Helotes packs and putting on some better condensers...Then I will put some ferrite core noise killers on it...Why am i doing this and what does it mean? Because its fun...

...'Love the smell of solder in the morning !

tunnelhead
03-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Hey Bit be nice to MJ. That is all going down about 20 minutes from my house. Lovely Santa Maria, CA, HAHA. What crappy town.

alfreddajero
03-28-2005, 03:45 AM
nice specs for the motor. :D somewhat descent.

Rcdriver
03-28-2005, 04:03 AM
It looks great for a stocker. But the minute I get it its gone. :D

tomlin
04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi guys,

What BitHed refers to as a heat sink is actually a stator ring which is supposed to affect the magnetic field in the motor. I can't seem to remember if it is supposed to increase or decrease torque and/or RPM.

Anyway, it's not in the kit so it doesn't really matter. Kyosho has been known to use this specific motor in some of their aircraft. I've got an electric glider from Kyosho with this motor, and... Well... Let's just say that there are better 380/400 class motors out there.