PDA

View Full Version : Where are the 3Racing ball diffs?

R32dude
08-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Anyone heard an update-I was emailed that these were gonna be available at the end of last month. I think I chipped a tooth in one of my diffs today and dont want to bother with stockers no more! :rolleyes:

SteinR
08-26-2005, 10:25 AM
3R were beaten by Atomic (available now!):
http://www.egrracing.com/mart/images/atomic/AK45.jpg
http://www.egrracing.com/mart/images/atomic/AK46.jpg

Stein

tonylukes
08-26-2005, 12:12 PM
About time someone got them out.

plain_simple
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
it's funny.. i just went to the atomic site and there's nothing on the news or in the catalog... :confused:

WhoMe
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Where are they availible?

tonylukes
08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I just saw them on ebay.

EphiDelt490
08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Where do you htink it will need the ball diff most, the F/R or the Center? I have yet to encounter any problems with any of the diffs on my buggy, but I would think that the center diff would see a LOT of abuse distributing the power to F/R. I think I'm going to pick up the center diff. Good find, thanks Stein and Tony ;). Here is the link to them on eBay... Atomic Diffs (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=Mini+Inferno+ball+diff)

WhoMe
08-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Center diff would be the most important one. I wish I could get it, tuition payments suck lol

BitHed
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
...doods thats 65 bucks for the 3 diffs...bit steep for me right at the moment..i will wait for the dust to settle and the first reviews...look good though...Just hope they are no-brainers to fit though...I dont want another repeat of Smoothounds gearboxes :eek:

acsubie
08-26-2005, 03:54 PM
i just treated myself(dont i always) :D ..ordered the F & R diffs,center diff and also those Atomic hub/knuckle combo...the plastic hubs were just giving me too much slop :rolleyes:

BitHed
08-26-2005, 03:56 PM
...On ya Scoobs!! You be the guinea pig..Im glad you will be one of the first...And the dreaded waiting period begins...

acsubie
08-26-2005, 04:02 PM
...On ya Scoobs!! You be the guinea pig..Im glad you will be one of the first...And the dreaded waiting period begins...

yea i couldnt resist, lil going away present for me(PO PO academy starts next friday) wasnt cheap especially since i got it EMSed....i just hope i can enjoy my H8 now to its FULL potential without worrying about the center diff giving me hell :(

Atomic makes decent stuff so im sure fitment wont be a major issue, plus i couldnt wait anymore for 3racing and their mini-t ball diff wasnt exactly the best-had no real adjustment(just loose or tight)

but at least now i can see my H8 is completely done :D ..at least for now :o

Smoothound
08-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah most important one is the centre...but it's also the biggest PITA to adjust :(

hkopium
08-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I rather wait for the 3Racing one...

Reasons:
(1) It seems ATM has been doing a lousy job with H8 hop-ups. Many of them don't fit or simply doesn't work well.

(2) As you may noted, the Front/Rear diff. is made up of many parts. ATM one only has the main gear but missing the 3 rod-like thing connected to the gear. But the 3Racing Front/Rear Diff. is the "Whole" set with everything attached to the main gear. (The central one seems okay though)

:(

WhoMe
08-26-2005, 08:26 PM
What Atomic parts have given you trouble in the H8? Thier new stuff seems to be top notch from the pics.

BitHed
08-27-2005, 01:01 AM
...soobs what on EARTH is POPO Academy..Sounds 'lovely' lol...

WhoMe
08-27-2005, 01:37 AM
POPO=Police...Our very own Acsubie is going to be an officer of the law.

BitHed
08-27-2005, 01:42 AM
...God help us all :cool: Well i guess there are horse officers and K9 officers...I can definately see an opening for one of those guys who drives the little attacking robots ;)

hkopium
08-27-2005, 12:17 PM
What Atomic parts have given you trouble in the H8? Thier new stuff seems to be top notch from the pics.

The graphite bearing steering plate for one.

akura2
08-27-2005, 11:34 PM
dam... all gone

acsubie
08-28-2005, 01:48 AM
dam... all gone

try egrracing.com or rc-union.com..both are basically run by Atomictech....but lemme tell ya neither are like my faves stella and rcstation with lightning fast shipment...example i ordered them diffs from union first thing yesterday morning via EMS and the order is still processing...mofos better get a move on or I WILL get nasty :eek:

R32dude
08-28-2005, 07:53 AM
no one has answered my initial question of when will the 3Racing ones will be released cause i'm getting a little impatient!!! :D

neu79
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM

Atomic Mini Inferno Titanium King Pin Screw Set AK22

I dunno if its just me but the set i got the screws were too long and would hit the axel if screwed in too far. So i have to have the screws kind've half out which doesnt seem too secure. I guess i can try to grind down the screw but it seems like a simple enuff detail Atomic overlooked. The stock kingpin screws are clearly shorter and have no issues with rubbing when screwed in. Anyone else deal with this issue? I havent purchased any other atomic parts since.

I was gonna pull the trigger on these ball-diffs becuase my front diff is a little out of wack but i think i'll hold off until i hear some reviews :)

WhoMe
08-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Mine were too long aswell. But I am suspected they intended those screws to be use with thier aftermarket knuckles and c-hub combo. I could be wrong..

BitHed
08-29-2005, 12:15 AM
...it seems to me that as far as MANY third-paty makers are concerned they feel they are CORRECT in their screw sizes and amounts...The problem is they just dont tell their customers what goes where so it is this great big mystery as to how stuff goes together...We dismantle the stock parts and expect the same number and sizes of hardware...The Mini Minster diff was the same..an extra washer and a screw and we all had trouble fitting this tiny tiny little piece...Is it SO difficult to add instructions? Even if thet dont ADD a little piece of paper it IS the internet age and it would be quite simple for their engineers to have a few instructions on their site, maybe even in a downloadable / printable format...Short of that, for the H8 platform at least, it is up to us, THE H8 community on the planet, to purchase and review and advise and instruct...it is a shame though...

acsubie
08-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Mine were too long aswell. But I am suspected they intended those screws to be use with thier aftermarket knuckles and c-hub combo. I could be wrong..

ariel i think you hit it on the nose, since the Atomic knuckles are actually "deeper" so the screw wont work its way out as easily, or so they say on the site? :o

neu79
08-29-2005, 01:50 AM
ahh! b-b-but i already got the 3Racings ones! bah! :p

overall what's everyone's experience with Atomic parts? do they actually work nice once installed?

:neu

Smoothound
08-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Atomic Mini Inferno Titanium King Pin Screw Set AK22

I dunno if its just me but the set i got the screws were too long and would hit the axel if screwed in too far. So i have to have the screws kind've half out which doesnt seem too secure. I guess i can try to grind down the screw but it seems like a simple enuff detail Atomic overlooked. The stock kingpin screws are clearly shorter and have no issues with rubbing when screwed in. Anyone else deal with this issue? I havent purchased any other atomic parts since.

Yeah, same problem here but with the ally knuckles from Dragon Racing. I just put a couple of nuts on the screws and dremmelled away the 2mm or so over length.

Most of these parts come with no fitting instructions at all, most you can muddle through but some are a royal PITA. Take the Atomic ally F/R gearboxes for example which I have still to source all the screws for and as yet no reply has come from them to my email :rolleyes:

R32dude
08-30-2005, 04:49 AM
come on guys-we're way off topic here! lol! What about 3Racing ball diffs, anyone heard anything!!! I'm chomping at the bit!! :)

plain_simple
08-30-2005, 12:20 PM
if anyone does hear about something i wana know about it too... it seems that 3 Racing has some kind of production planning problem... each time they throw something new on the site they do a couple of samples that they even some times sale at thier shop in HK and then worlwide distribution has to wait for more time then hell takes to get frozen :mad: