PDA

View Full Version : Tried Drifting?

Twenty-Se7en
08-23-2005, 08:35 PM
I know this is an offroad car but has anyone tried putting PVC type tires on this thing and tryign to drift on pavement? I would love to know if it is possible!

Thanks

mOOsE
08-23-2005, 08:50 PM
if you could lock the center diff it would work, but the low traction of pvc would put all the power to the front tires. I tried it and it sorta works but again all the power goes to the front due to that diff.

holy_inferno
08-24-2005, 01:23 AM
I mainly bash around the front of my house, where there's lots of gravel and pavement...(almost never go to the track...too far :(), somehow, my front two tires are all worn out, and the knuckles are both stripped, resulting in lots of camber...With that I run around, and my Mini Inferno can go into oversteer and drift quite easily, pretty fun, not good for the tires though. :)

BitHed
08-24-2005, 01:49 AM
...it drifts on dusty floors...but dont we all lol...like a dog running on a polished kitchen floor...classic!! :D

Gearhead
08-25-2005, 04:33 AM
I have seen people dirt oval race the half eight. That was fun to watch.

NitroSpazzz
08-26-2005, 04:48 AM
I just stuck a few wraps of electrical tape on my tires and did some drifting in the dorm hallways. My RA got a lil mad...wish I still had my old RA. Lot of fun though. Slides out real good even with the x-speed and lil 1100 batery pack. Lots of fun

Sideshow
08-26-2005, 08:40 PM
The reason why the front tires wear more than the rear is that they Steer and pull the car, where as the rear only pushes.

Not to mention when going into a corner usually the power is transfered to the front wheels and get some wheelspin which results in more tire wear.

My dog chases my half 8 around my kitchen all the time, and its new shiny and slippery lino! Hilarious!! Ill go from one end to the other with her chasing and ill stop and she will slide into the drawers sideways!! Too funny!

NitroSpazzz
08-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Want to really slide it. Set ride height real low, max camber (wheels like /__\) and one or two wraps of electrical tape around the inside edge of the wheel. You'll get enough traction to move but not enough to not slide. Its really fun...I can now drift IN my dorm room

mOOsE
08-26-2005, 10:59 PM
The reason why the front tires wear more than the rear is that they Steer and pull the car, where as the rear only pushes.

Not to mention when going into a corner usually the power is transfered to the front wheels and get some wheelspin which results in more tire wear.

My dog chases my half 8 around my kitchen all the time, and its new shiny and slippery lino! Hilarious!! Ill go from one end to the other with her chasing and ill stop and she will slide into the drawers sideways!! Too funny!
its because the half eight has a center diff and the front gets less traction due to weight xfer. Therefore unloading the front tires and planting the rear. Just like a fwd car. You are actually distributing more power to the front than the rears with a center differential.

Sideshow
08-27-2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah Moose your right..oops