PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Slipper Clutch

t9dragon
08-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm having problems with the slipper clutches in both of my Mini Infernos. The buggy still runs it just makes whinning sound when it's going forward or reverse. I have tightened them all the way down and it still makes the sound.

wartown
08-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Try installing atomic slipper pads.

MGTfix
08-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Check all of the outdrives on your diffs, in the last 2 weeks I have found that two of my outdrives had rounded the diff output and caused the same sound you are describing.

hkopium
08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Check all of the outdrives on your diffs, in the last 2 weeks I have found that two of my outdrives had rounded the diff output and caused the same sound you are describing.

Sorry, what is outdrive? Those bigger gears of the differential gear set?

BitHed
08-24-2005, 01:41 AM
...nothing to do with the slipper itself...you arent getting power to your outdrives...ie the motor is spinning and the slipper is spinning but there is no power to the wheels right? Join the club..lol...check to see that everything still has teeth on it...try a BIGGER pinion OR turn down your timing if you are using a brushless motor...the drivetrain doesnt really like to power surges...should improve your TOP speed but just dont expect power off the line...

t9dragon
08-24-2005, 02:19 AM
I'm getting power to the wheels because when I give it full throttle it takes off. But it still makes the whinning sound. It doesn't matter how tight the nut on the slipper is set it still does it. I'm going to order the Atomic slipper pads and see if that works.

BitHed
08-24-2005, 02:29 AM
...dragon...its NOT the slipper...you can glue the slipper..make it non-functional and baby will still whine :( Its a joint between the central shafts and either the font or rear drives...Figrure it out and let us kknow...also read some of SIGNAT's comments on the 1:10 wheel thread...pretty good stuff...