PDA

View Full Version : Which brushless has the best torque????

gulfclk
08-20-2005, 06:26 AM
OK guys, I've been reading through all the threads but ... I could not find the right topic to post this in (would be Half8 Sience) nore the answer.

I ordered my half8 (finally) because I first needed to get rid of my mini Inferno. Finally, this happened so ... here I come!

From what I've been reading and seeing on other people's car, I want to try something. I want to rebuild the car in such a way that I take out the central diff (so 50/50 permanent setting for front and rear) and make one long drive shaft. This way, I would hope to take away some extra friction generated by the central diff.
I know that I will have to play with some gears and because the final drive will have to be the same and I want to built in a slipper, I will need to use other gear setting. This, I already figured out.

But ... because of the lack of space and friction again, i do not want to use double gears like it is now ... (motor on slipper, slipper on diff) but one single gear. Therefore, a very torquefull brushless will be needed. So, here's the question. Which brushless is the most torquefull one?

Don't try it yourself ... I already patented the idea! ;)

Sideshow
08-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Umm I wouldnt do this. I would imagine the car would become unbalanced.

and Center Diffs are actually good, they make a car handle alot better and act as somewhat of a slipper.

I would just find a way to get rid of the slipper gear and run the motor pinion right to the spur on the Center Diff.

IMO thats a way better way to go.

gulfclk
08-21-2005, 06:26 AM
A center diff is only good when you can set it and determine the locking percentage yourself. The mini Inferno one is way too loose and because of that, you loose traction ... at least, that is how it works on real race cars.

Has anybody already tried to fully lock them (only the center diff) to see what that does?

Umm I wouldnt do this. I would imagine the car would become unbalanced.

and Center Diffs are actually good, they make a car handle alot better and act as somewhat of a slipper.

I would just find a way to get rid of the slipper gear and run the motor pinion right to the spur on the Center Diff.

IMO thats a way better way to go.

cyberfyn
08-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Not on purpose! I have been driving with a locked diff for a while I think. I just found a BIG stone trapped in there, locking it up. Can't say I noticed any real difference other than It seemed to turn a little better when I got it un-locked. But I have been driving on uneven ground, so it's difficult to judge really.

Ian F.

signats
08-21-2005, 07:39 PM
A center diff is only good when you can set it and determine the locking percentage yourself. The mini Inferno one is way too loose and because of that, you loose traction ... at least, that is how it works on real race cars.

Has anybody already tried to fully lock them (only the center diff) to see what that does?

I made an adjustable center diff from a Mini-t ball diff, and it works fantastic.

I can tighten it or loosen it depending on track surface conditions, acceleration is amazing and it will still turn inside of a RC18t. ;)

I have posted "secret" instructions in a different thread found here:

http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8059&postcount=22

I would just add that JB Weld is superior adhesive for this application compared to the orginal plastic weld type glue used on version 1.0 of the ball center diff.

Locking the center diff is very simple to do with silly putty, but then the buggy will loose some of the wonderful on power steering that makes it so special.

J.E.
08-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Have any one thinking to use Mini Quake or M18 center drive tran ?? I bet it may work, and I will like to see some one to do it or may be I will try !! if I got enogh time and $$$:D

I think most people on the H8 is useing AON 4900 motor !! ;) (http://www.aonelectric.com/)