PDA

View Full Version : trinity hex adapters-mod or no mod

R32dude
08-18-2005, 04:21 AM
I just got the trinity hex adapters for the half-8 and am not sure if you guys said these needed to be modified or not in order to get enough thread in the wheelnut? If they do, whats the procedure? Thanks in advance!

maxxenitout
08-18-2005, 05:17 AM
I grinded them down a bit and posted pics of the results in another thread scroll down and you will see what difference it made.
http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360&page=5&pp=10

R32dude
08-18-2005, 08:31 AM
cool thanks! I just put them on. It has enough threads though i still think it needs more because ther not grabbing enough of the nylon! I think the reason I have more threads than you did before modifying must be that I am using the 3Racing universals! Thanks again!

BitHed
08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I grinded them down a bit and posted pics of the results in another thread scroll down and you will see what difference it made.
http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360&page=5&pp=10

...and THIS boys and girls is an earth-shattering mod which will be immoratlized forever..just like the BitHex Mod :D (really small voice) I hope :o

UNITED_RC
08-22-2005, 03:10 AM
I finally got my hands on these trinity adapters, and I dont think they are good match for this buggy. Here are my findings:

1. It did not seem to matter how much i grinded down the inner part of the hub, it did not increase the thead area. What i noticed was that my adapters never hit the hub, even when pushed as far on as they would go. This is due the fact that the cross-pin on the axle was preventing the adapter from being pressed on any further. So, if you grinded down the entire inner part of the adapter...the pin would still prevent the adapter from being placed further on the axle.

2. I am thinking about doing a combination of this: Filing down the inner part of the adapter as mentioned above, AND....filing down just a bit of the small outter part of the adapter (area that sticks through the center wheel hole). I am thinking that the combination of these do mods, would help with getting this mod to work.

But...then again..I am looking at doing BitHeads mod............or just get CAW adapters!! :)

URC

BitHed
08-22-2005, 03:22 AM
...all respect to the boys at CAW but BitHex's are quick and easy and if you have a set of busted rims then you are already set to get the job done...There is always THREE options; The basic version, the stock version, and the kick-ass super version...in this case BitHex is the basic one and the CAW one is the kick-ass one...Go on UNITED...you KNOW you want a set of Bithex ;) Lol...

maxxenitout
08-22-2005, 06:12 AM
When I first got my trinity adapters I noticed that the back end of the adapter was hitting the bearing on the steering knuckle, thats when I decided to file it down a bit. It seemed that the adapter was not sliding down on the pin, but after I grinded it down it did make a diffrence as you can see in the pics.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/maxxenitout/3639e2b6.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/maxxenitout/507bc155.jpg
I would have used the bithex mod but I never gave my stock rims a chance to crack :) ...I like the the caw adapters but I'm running 3racing swing shafts.

UNITED_RC
08-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Bit,

I started your mod, but what the heck did you use to cut the wheels down????

The plastic is harder than i thought. I then started using a dremel with a cut off wheel, but it was just "melting" the wheel....not cutting it.

any tips? Or...better yet...are you reproducing these yet for "selected" people? :)

URC

BitHed
08-22-2005, 02:11 PM
...BIG knife...more of a slice than a cut...I might do a set if i could eventually bloody graduate from reverting back to them to try and keep my H8 running :mad:

...i think i used wire cutters to cut the crap from around the hub and then just sliced and diced to get the end result...It was actually fun...

...and then there is the story of needing 6 stiches in the tip of my index finger after slicing and dicing a bit char-g body :eek:

...kids do NOT try this at home...sharp paper knives and angry men on wet sundays do NOT mix ;) And is it just me but do you always seem to cut yourself JUST after putting in a new blade?

UNITED_RC
08-22-2005, 04:58 PM
...BIG knife...more of a slice than a cut...I might do a set if i could eventually bloody graduate from reverting back to them to try and keep my H8 running :mad:

...i think i used wire cutters to cut the crap from around the hub and then just sliced and diced to get the end result...It was actually fun...

...and then there is the story of needing 6 stiches in the tip of my index finger after slicing and dicing a bit char-g body :eek:

...kids do NOT try this at home...sharp paper knives and angry men on wet sundays do NOT mix ;) And is it just me but do you always seem to cut yourself JUST after putting in a new blade?

ahhhh.....are you reproducing these yet for "selected" people? LOL