PDA

View Full Version : Beefing up my chasis

JuJuB
08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm planning on selling 18t after go brushless on it (but I still keep the mamba 25 ESC) and using that money to go brushless on my H8. Can any one tell me what I need to do to my diffs and chasis so they can handle the AON 4900?

plain_simple
08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Although i dont have a AON i think that going brushless as the same kind of care for any brushless setup. What i suggest is to use some Tamiya Anti Wear or Mugen grease on the diff's.
About the chassis there's not much to do. Just make sure that all is thighten properly and working the way it should.
Hope my 2 cents helped you :)

JuJuB
08-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm thinkin that I'll need to buy some CVD's cuz that's what I'll have to get for my 18t when I put a mamba system in it. But thanks. Is there a way to "properly" shim my diffs? I no there's a proper way to do it for my 18t.

BitHed
08-31-2005, 05:56 AM
...CVD's would be a good start for sure...might pay you to wait a little bit for the alloy diffs to show up, get tested and reviewed...The biggest problem for the H8 going BL are the outdrives...

...The ATOMIC center diff outdrives are BUILT-IN...the front and rear ARENT...Youe best bet is with metal outdrives in these areas...I cant remember off the top of my head how the 3RACING diffs are going to look...

...Plain-Simple is correct with the TAMITA Anti-Wear grease...It is LIGHT enough so as not to affect diff performance TOO much if you get too much on...The MUGEN Super-Grease WILL slow you down if you get too much in the wrong spots...Also ANY brushless system will your slipper gears in trouble...MANY of us have eaten our pinions and CENTER gears due to an UN-meshed motor...SEVERE caution is advised...Most of us can blame human-error for our eaten parts...

plain_simple
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=BitHedANY brushless system will "put" (added that one on my own... lol) your slipper gears in trouble...MANY of us have eaten our pinions and CENTER gears due to an UN-meshed motor...SEVERE caution is advised...Most of us can blame human-error for our eaten parts...[/QUOTE]

Fully agree with Bit on that one... most of the broken or eaten parts are usually due to that urge of seeing things done without taking the time to recheck if its well done.. specially when it comes to mesh...