PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum rear Wing

hkopium
08-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Aluminum Wing with carbon graphite side. :D

hkopium
08-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Another look.

It is GPM product, a sample which is not yet sold in the market. Another black one without the wordings is on the way.

BLACKHAWK444
08-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow, nice H8. I like the carbon on the sides but don't like the wording on the center.

hkopium
08-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, that's why I asked them to custom made me another one without the wordings. But probably gonna take a month or so. :mad:

TiNTiN
08-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey it *looks* nice but I doubt if it is necessary to be metal......

BTW I really like the bumper, is it also GPM? :p

hkopium
08-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Hey it *looks* nice but I doubt if it is necessary to be metal......

BTW I really like the bumper, is it also GPM? :p

True, it is not necessary to be metal. But I am a metal freak. I love metalizing everything. I also have the alloy differential holder and alloy front/rear different holders sitting on my desk. Waiting for the 3Racing differential gears hop-up and start working on them. Wondering how heavy my baby will be... :D

Yup, the bumper is GPM. Gonna DIY some rubber on it since GPM's metal quality is not that good. :p

Crunch
08-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Good god that is beautiful!!!

I'll be afraid to run with you....you might destroy my car with all that metal.....hee hee hee

A black alloy wing with CF sides sounds tempting.......how's the weight compared to a stock plastic wing?

:)

hkopium
08-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Good god that is beautiful!!!

I'll be afraid to run with you....you might destroy my car with all that metal.....hee hee hee

A black alloy wing with CF sides sounds tempting.......how's the weight compared to a stock plastic wing?

:)

It is a little heavier than original wing, but not that much. It is very thin.

The other one without wordings which is now making, is thicker and the side is also alloy. So, it will be heavier,

wartown
08-15-2005, 01:04 PM
That thing sure is pretty. Very nice job but it looks like its heavy as a brick. Do you run on the street? those tires look like there on-road.

TiNTiN
08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Yup, the bumper is GPM. Gonna DIY some rubber on it since GPM's metal quality is not that good. :p

I'm not dare to buy GPM products again, rumors about GPM only ships good quality parts OUTSIDE Hong Kong, what we can get in HK is........... :p

About 10 years ago I got a rod with ball joints from GPM, I ended up using a hammer to put the ball into the socket..........and I gived up using that part. The fun part is that I'm still hearing that kind of rumors these days.

Anyway its OK with the original ABS bumper but it really looks more secure with metal one.

BitHed
08-16-2005, 12:49 AM
...looks heavy opium :eek: Nice though...Is that lettering engraved in or just a sticker? I like the addition of the carbon sides but I know for sure that with my driving style they would splinter and delaminate within minutes...looks good though...

hkopium
08-16-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm not dare to buy GPM products again, rumors about GPM only ships good quality parts OUTSIDE Hong Kong, what we can get in HK is........... :p

About 10 years ago I got a rod with ball joints from GPM, I ended up using a hammer to put the ball into the socket..........and I gived up using that part. The fun part is that I'm still hearing that kind of rumors these days.

Anyway its OK with the original ABS bumper but it really looks more secure with metal one.

I agree with you about GPM quality as I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread. But I can only half-agree with the statement.

I never use any GPM item in my Mini-Zs. Always Atomic or Kyosho hop-ups. When they are not availalbe, I will only choose 3Racing products.

But for H8, I have very different experience. I have many Atomic products which are now still sitting in my drawer because they don't fit (i.e. different screw thread) and I suspect they are badly designed. (i.e. Ball bearing servo saver). Despite the bad quality rumors, most GPM ones are very close to original Kyosho design and fit like a charm. In so far, I have never had any trouble with installing GPM hop-ups and broken any of them. 3Racing H8 hop-ups is even better but unfortunately less products are available.

I am not sure about the overseas vs local rumors. But I am pretty sure the owner will not give me defective or poor quality item because I will bring it back for exchange until I have a good quality one.

But still, if the same item is available, I will definitely go for 3Racing rather than GPM. For important parts (i.e. Differential), I will only wait for 3Racing.

hkopium
08-16-2005, 01:21 AM
...looks heavy opium :eek: Nice though...Is that lettering engraved in or just a sticker? I like the addition of the carbon sides but I know for sure that with my driving style they would splinter and delaminate within minutes...looks good though...

Yeah, this wing, like my aluminum rims are simply for display purpose. I have another 'whole' alloy and thicker one which is on the way for running purpose.

The wordings are engraved.

BTW, many people asked about my On-Road tyres... yes, these are HPI on-road tyres for display purpose. :D You guys probably may notice how clean my H8 is. (hehehe) It has never hit dirty sand or mud yet. Only play in a park near my home with cement floor.

I use off-road typres after I have 3Racing differetial installed. Hopefully soon.

plain_simple
08-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Too bad that baby never saw any dirt on it. You would be amazed how great it is to race an H8 on dirt!
Your car does looks awesome though.. nice parts and i like the wing.
I wonder if it would be possible to make those carbon graphite parts and replace the original sides of a plastic wing for those.. ok ok, i know.. i'm dreaming in colours again! :p :D

J.E.
08-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Nice looking H8 !! is it look a little heavy ??

R32dude
08-19-2005, 06:12 AM
That wing is sweet-especially the carbon fiber! actually I hope someone makes a totally carbon fiber wing-that would be really sweet!!!!!!

hkopium
08-19-2005, 06:42 AM
Nice looking H8 !! is it look a little heavy ??

As heavy as a fat mama :D