PDA

View Full Version : Heavy at front

RAE
08-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi guys, I just notice my H8 is heavy at fron, for this reason my car don't land soft and smoth, most of the time ( 75% of my jumps) the end is belly up :mad: I try to plase the batteries close to the end and also remove my alm. front hop-ups and place the plastic stock ones back :mad:

Any idea how to fix it? :confused: :(

EphiDelt490
08-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Check for binding and the gear mesh on your center diff. If anything is binding, it will act like getting on the brakes when you're in the air. Make sure nothing is binding up on you, and if nothing is, re-program your ESC and check your radio settings to make sure there isn't too much brake.

RAE
08-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Check for binding and the gear mesh on your center diff. If anything is binding, it will act like getting on the brakes when you're in the air. Make sure nothing is binding up on you, and if nothing is, re-program your ESC and check your radio settings to make sure there isn't too much brake.

Tks for your help, Can you Explain little bit more ? You try to mean the clucth maybe is over tight?

holy_inferno
08-13-2005, 04:07 AM
The Mini Inferno is known to have some control capabilities while in the air, when you punch the throttle, weight shifts to the rear, pulling the front end up; when you brake, weight shifts to the front, pushing it down, so if the center or front/rear diffs are binding, or getting unnecessary resistance, like EphiDelt400 says, it acts like breaking...The weight distribution towards the rear should usually be heavier than the front. :)

Sideshow
08-13-2005, 04:20 AM
Make sure you have no drag brake dialed in too...

TiNTiN
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Make a full throttle in air will solve the problem.

thedirt
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Also, Do you have the stock friction shocks? This will also bump you head over heels because the the front end takes off and then theres little wight in the rear end causing the rear to fling up with more force shooting your cars rear end higher then the front. Oil filled shocks maybe also fix the problem but will also come with an expense.

BitHed
08-16-2005, 12:52 AM
...maybe try an alloy tower on the back and some more stock or carbon parts at the front...

plain_simple
08-16-2005, 03:25 PM
It cant be that heavy at the front. The solution might lies on the full throttle while in air trick. Actually i find the weight distribution on the H8 as one of the best and its very similar to the 1/8 model i have.
Check the radio functions and the ESC settings and see if those settings are alright.
What power pack are you running? 8 batts one? That could also be due to a lack of power issue
Just my 2 cents... hope they help :) i know how that sucks trust me!

signats
08-16-2005, 07:42 PM
If you are staying on the throttle at lift-off and in the air, and the buggy is still nose-diving, then the next place to look is at the ride height.

With the buggy completely ready to run (body, and battery installed) the spring pre-load on the front shocks should be set so that the front bones are level, or very slightly above level, and the pre-load on the rear shocks should be set so the bones are level.

If the front is too low it will bottom on the jump face and transfer all the weight to the rear shocks (like a teeter-totter) which will then bottom very hard on the face of the jump, and cause the weight to abruptly shift forward, and since the front of the buggy is already airborn a big "end-o" will happen almost every time, the same thing happens when the rear pre-load is too low, the rear of the car smacks the jump face and the weight is transferred to the front of the car, airborne throttle adjustment is hopeless when this happens because the forces are too great for the spinning wheels to make a difference.

Good luck fixing this, it is very frustrating when every jump causes a nasty wreck!

J.E.
08-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Do you still use the stock shock?? if yes, there will be your biggest problem !! What happen is that the non oil-filled shock will kick the rear of car up when you off the jump !! If you have oil shock, then I have no idea !!!

thedirt
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
J.E-That fix was already mentioned a few posts down :eek: hahaha, Just kidding man, what up? If it's nose diving still with oil-filled shocks, try adding some lead weights in the rear, Team Associated sells them with a stickiy backing that come in 1/4 oz. bars. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCKT0&P=7