PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for my H8

thedirt
08-10-2005, 04:39 AM
Oh am I getting a little anxious to get a H8. Im gonna order it next week and then put the electronics into my Mini-T which I am selling. Then i'm going to get a Mamba 25 ESC, AON 4900 or GH 3600 BL (depends if i can get AON), Hitec HS-225MG, 8 cell battery pack and bearings. Then when I get more money I will get Kyosho Oil filled shocks, HPI pirelli rally tires, Pro-line 10 spoke rims, Mugen super grease, Tamiya AW grease, Alum. Knuckles, Alum, torque bars, Alum. rear hubs, CVD's.

holy_inferno
08-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Oil filled shocks, and ball bearings should be your first priority...There's no point in having a fast motor if you can't keep the wheels on the ground. :)

thedirt
08-10-2005, 05:22 PM
I know, but my LHS doesn't have any parts for the H8 yet, they have the cars, the BL systems and that's it. Also I want to put the electronics from the H8 into the Mini-T so I can sell it faster. But I will be getting the Oil filled shock for sure. :)

thedirt
08-12-2005, 04:12 AM
Sweet, I have the Type 3 Mini Inferno on order now :D now it's just a matter of time to comes in (I would say next 1-2 weeks) and my mom says she will pay for my AON brushless package.... Cha Ching $$$$$.

holy_inferno
08-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Man...You're so damn lucky...How old are you?...I've spent like $450 on the Mini Inferno and it's upgrades and maintenance, all of that, from the money I earned and made. :)

thedirt
08-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Im only 17, but my parents have very seldomly helped me out with my racing vechicles (B4 FT, T4, AD2, TTR S3, TC3). I had saved up and worked at the LHS for the last 3 years, so that's what helps me out the most and the fact that they sponsor me aswell. My parents only pay for my race fees and food for the weekend. They don't even attend any of my races, I go with the guys who own the LHS. And plus she owes me $200 so an AON Brushless package will cover that.

thedirt
08-19-2005, 06:00 PM
My H8 should be here next week (Type-3). Oh baby, is this gonan be sweet or what. :D :D :D

thedirt
08-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey J.E, did your shocks come in yet? I think im going to get the kyosho ones.

J.E.
08-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey J.E, did your shocks come in yet? I think im going to get the kyosho ones.
I don't think so because Leann say she still have some problem with those guy !! She say they have not send the stuff yet !!! :(

and you still will go for the Kyosho oil shock are you !! you rich boy !! but I think I still want to get the 3racing then we can compare this two shock !! I may try to get some order from the internet if you want some part let me know !! :cool:

thedirt
08-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Weird, just get the good kyosho ones. Fork out the money, money bags :D

J.E.
08-19-2005, 09:56 PM
thedirt !! are you working tomorrow !! I think I may stop by the shop !! or are you guys going to the track??

thedirt
08-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Yea I'm working tom. Umm, I think tonite were going to the track. Try some things. What Pirelli tires did you get for H8, the D compound or the S compound?

J.E.
08-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Yea I'm working tom. Umm, I think tonite were going to the track. Try some things. What Pirelli tires did you get for H8, the D compound or the S compound?

so is leann find those tire now ?? which tire are you talking about or you mean the HPI tire that i used last time ??

thedirt
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
AHhhhh, you know the tires you have on your H8? (i hope you would) those tires. Are they the D compound or the S compound? (the D is hardest and S is softest)

J.E.
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I not sure I bought those tire long time ago !! but I think it should be D because I like my tire last long !! :D

thedirt
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
J.E come to the store tonite.

J.E.
08-19-2005, 10:49 PM
may be!! when you will be there ??

thedirt
08-21-2005, 04:25 AM
Can you guys help me make a list of thinmgs to get for my H8?

Heres some thing already on that list, please tell me what to modify/change/remove from this list.

List:
-Mini Inferno
-Tamiya AW grease
-Mugen Super Grease
-AON Brushless
-Mamba 25 ESC
-Kyosho Oil Filled Shocks
-Hitec 81mg/85mg/225mg Servo
-HPI 2.0mm Pinions 11/12/13/14 *any others?

Please add anything else you gys thing should be added, every little bit of info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sideshow
08-21-2005, 04:37 AM
Aluminum towers would be a good addition :)

BitHed
08-21-2005, 11:49 PM
...bearings you will need...sorry didnt read the first page so you have probably got those already...Be aware that the little screws might fall out of the BOTTOM of your front knuckles quite early on; Some do and some dont but you will lose them eventually...a piece of decent tape over the hole will at least save the screws when they fall out ;)

thedirt
08-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Two days and it should be here, I have a jump made and stuff ready so when I get it I will charge the batteries and go have fun with the thing. :D :D

thedirt
08-27-2005, 04:06 AM
D'Oh, now its not coming until next thurs :( I guess i can order my AON brushless than. :D And can them to order bearings for the hubs. As that will get me a start and then I can save up for the other things. :p

Sideshow
08-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Whoa. Im a very very very very very lucky kiddo I must say.

I pay for maybe 25% of my RC stuff. My Mom reallly really helps me out alot, she totally understands that this will give me many skills and even help my social skills and things! I really really owe my racing success and knowledge to my mom.

When I say I have the best mom in the world I really mean it and I really do!!

She comes to races, and talks to the pros and wants to learn, she even is starting to understand what I talk about when I say "Diff" and "Conrod"

She talked to Barry Baker and Todd Hodge when they were in town, my mom was talking to them and everything!

Well good luck on the Half8! Hope its here on time!

thedirt
08-27-2005, 03:21 PM
That's awesome. Where you from (Edmonton by chance)? Those wo were both up here last week.

Sideshow
08-27-2005, 04:35 PM
I am too in Edmonton!

Where are you located?

thedirt
08-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Im down in the Hat, This one of the Kipps? Im Dustin the guys from Raceway Hobbies

Sideshow
08-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Ohhh!

Hey man!

Its Zach

Im the one with the wad of hair..the younger one :)

thedirt
08-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Thought so. Sideshow kind of gave it away after you said the bioys were in town.When did you get the M8? Iv'e only ever seen you with a JR XS3 Pro.

Sideshow
08-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Just 4 days ago :)

Hey, do you guys bring in Kyosho stuff? Like parts for the half 8?

thedirt
08-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Oh Yea, sweet. But to tell you something (maybe you know) heartbreaking, they just came out with an M11. Anyways, were going to be bringing in half 8 parts, especially since im going to have one :D . We can order alot of things, i don't know about things like Atomic and 3 racing but GPM, Kyosho parts we can get. We haven't got much in yet as the one there is out there hasn't broken anything yet (and he (J.E. on this site) has beat the thing to a pulp :D (sorry)). But we will be getting hop-ups (oil filled shocks, alum. things, etc.) as wel as stock parts once we know what to get (knuckles, arms,shock towers, outdrives, hubs, wing stay, etc.)

Sideshow
08-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah I know theres a M11..not much different from M8 so yeah.

My M8 and Spektrum costed me 300$ from a friend..Wicked deal.

Yeah, Ive been doing everything though ebay so far. If I need somthing Ill see if you guys got it :)

How much longer until you get you half eight?

thedirt
08-28-2005, 03:44 AM
She says there coming on thurs. so the minute the come back ill be ripping throught the boxes. :D I also got a hitec 225mg coming. and then i may rob back my mini-t wheel bearings for the wheels. And hopefully I can get my my to buy me an AON package, but i also need her to order me a few new engines from trinity (i got sponsored by them, and i guess i should really have there name in my signature :o ) which will cost about $400 and then i need a pipe and 2 elec motors. You need a 13t for this winter on-road racing? I got a orion 13Tx2 brand new ( 1 race weekend at our leg) and im selling a Factory Team TC3. If you need ( i need to sell them) contact me( you got msn) also i will bring them to calgarys big race.

Sideshow
08-28-2005, 06:06 AM
I want that servo!

What engines from Trinity will you be picking up??

I have a Xray already...Sold my TC3 stuff last year.

Yeah I do haev MSN: Canadian_Rc@hotmail.com

thedirt
08-28-2005, 04:05 PM
I will be ordering the Sirio Kanai Evo 2 .21 engine and the new Sirio Evo 3 .12 engine. Did you race any of the WCICS series last year? I never seen you racing.

Sideshow
08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Not last year..

This year me and alex should be doing most of the races :)

thedirt
08-29-2005, 02:25 AM
Cool, well we'll have to see you this winter as i don't think we will be seeing you guys again unless your going to Calgarys big race. We aren't going to the final because we can drive the same distance south and race with the big boys again. Were going back to Cali to race at the Reedy Truck Race. :D :D Should be a hoot. Blue groove track :D :D

Sideshow
08-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Yeah you guys are only like a hour from the border or so?

I think we will be doing calgarys race, not too sure.

Anyway, let me know when your H8 comes

thedirt
08-30-2005, 09:32 PM
It's not coming this thurs. :( :( They have to order from Kyosho directly now and they only order once in a while. OH well, ill have my AON by then.