PDA

View Full Version : problem when steering left

Isabellaefap
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Hello everybody,

I've bought a mini-inferno to my little brother for his birthday and after a few hours of playing and too many crashes on trees, his gift steer in the left direction only partially. The front tires turn on right perfectly but they turn on left only partially (about half).
I am very sad as I am not able to find out where is the problem, which part is maybe broken.
I've tried to read the manual, but this problem is not explained, and I am afraid to try to un-mount the car without a clear idea of what to do.
Anyway, I feel very sad for my brother.

Do you have an idea ?
That would be so nice.

Isa

signats
08-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Check the steering linkage ballstud (page 37 owners manual). If the ballstud that threads into part #8 has unthreaded, it will rub on the driveshaft and limit how far the wheels can turn to the left.

While you are at it, the adjustment nut for the servo saver ( part #9) is notorious for having a setting that is too lose straight out of the box, if the servo saver feels loose then tighen that up as well.

BitHed
08-09-2005, 01:00 AM
...yup...I follow up on Signats comment...Check the steering saver...Check the steering rod itself for loose bits...The car itself is very strong out of the box so my guess is something has loosened...but check your steering saver and keep us posted...

holy_inferno
08-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Could the servo be damaged by the stress that's put under it when crashing?...A weird thing happened to my stock servo on it's last few runs in my Mini Inferno, it would occasionally not turn, or when it's steered to the right or left, it would get stuck in that position...

Welcome to halfEIGHT.com Forums! ByTheWay :) You must be a very nice sibling to your younger brother. ;)

lim
08-09-2005, 08:05 AM
hello, i have done the same problem, try to see if you have loose the screw of front c-hubs, see this photo, they are optional parts by atomic, but you can see the screw that i have told you... (sorry for my poor english...)

http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album10/ak22_a.jpg

http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album10/ak22_b.jpg

Isabellaefap
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much for all your replies.
about Lim : the screws were at their place and well screwed.
about holy_inferno : if by stock servo you mean the electic part (part 144), well I don't think it has a problem, as it moves smoothly
about signat and Bithed : well I'm not sure to have understood all the technical words you mention. Tell me if I'm correct :
the ballstud is part number 141 and it is screwed to part number 8 ?
about that, it is firmly screwed.
The steering rod (described at the top of the page 41) doesn't seems to have been loosen.
About the servo/steering saver (part 9), I've tried to measure the length of the spring as shown at page 37 and it is almost 9mm (8.9 mm) so I didn't tried to touch it.
It seems that the problem comes from the page 37 system but I don't know exactly where.

I have tried to unmount the part 81 (the one that holds the electric servo), so that the steering rod was "free".
I could see that the left steering was still blocked, well sort of :
When I move the front tires with my hands, they turn smoothly on right but they're almost blocked at half when turning them on left. I have to force them to fully turn on left.
This make me think that the problem comes from the page 37 system.

I will try to make a video of it when turning left and right.

But I will send it this week-end when I come back at my place as my parents have just a 56k internet connection (that I'm using here).
I can try to send it by mail, or if you know an easy way to publish it on a web-site ?

Again, thank you all. I didn't imagine to have so many answers and so fast. This made me really happy and releaved.
Even if the car's problem is still not solved, it doesn't change the fact that you spent a bit of your time trying to help me :-)

Cheers

Isa

holy_inferno
08-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Could there be (a) foreign object(s) blocking the steering...If you just upload some pictures, we might get a better idea. :)