PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho New Tires & Rims

TiNTiN
08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Just got these earlier today from local model shop, the rims look sweeeeeeeeeet :) Dont' know if it's old news.... and I didn't see yellow rims version.
http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/P8080076.jpg

Texture/pattern of the tires, feels harder then original tires when I squeezed it
http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/P8080078.jpg

How they look on my car, want to mention that
1. the rims are so "opened" so I may need to clean the shafts often
2. the rims are thicker then that come with the car, at where the shaft pass through, over-tighten the nuts will make the rims touching the steering blocks, loose the nuts little bit solves the problem
http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/P8080080.jpg

Performance is not yet tested.

BLACKHAWK444
08-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Nice! I bet they probably changed the to a more durable material for the rims. Wonder if Kyosho plans on coming out with more rims/patterns.... Thanks for the info.

holy_inferno
08-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Haven't seen those 10-spoke rims, hopefully they're not as brittle and weak as the stock ones...Nice Mini Inferno :)

...Closest Hobby Shop that stock Kyosho stuff is in the next county. :(

TiNTiN
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Nice! I bet they probably changed the to a more durable material for the rims. Wonder if Kyosho plans on coming out with more rims/patterns.... Thanks for the info.

Hope so, 2 of the 4 rims that came with the car cracked, I glued them with instant glue but the tire wear off

J.E.
08-09-2005, 12:39 AM
it look sweet I want to try those tires where did you get it ??
and Nice looking body you got there!! ;)
I may try to do some thing that that on my new body !!

BitHed
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
...great!! I didnt know that these were available yet...Look good though...Thanks for your comment RE: the open spokes and cleaning...Do they feel lighter than stock?

signats
08-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Can you hit them with a hammer for us and see if they crack? :eek:

Well, please give them a good thrashing anyway, inquiring minds want to know how durable they are for sure ;)

Loose nuts and a clean shaft, you are ready to rock :D

TiNTiN
08-09-2005, 02:42 AM
it look sweet I want to try those tires where did you get it ??
and Nice looking body you got there!! ;)
I may try to do some thing that that on my new body !!

Luckily I live in Hong Kong and buying these stuffs is as easy as buying a burger. :p

TiNTiN
08-09-2005, 02:45 AM
...great!! I didnt know that these were available yet...Look good though...Thanks for your comment RE: the open spokes and cleaning...Do they feel lighter than stock?

They feel little bit lighter on hand and strong enough to jump in tracks ( of coz for the tracks for mini off-road cars :p )

Edit: BTW take a closer look of the 1st photo, the spokes are thicker then stock rims' dish :)

thedirt
08-09-2005, 04:02 AM
Sweet looking rims. Can't wait till they start coming out with more tire patterns.

WhoMe
08-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Asked a few sources about those..so far everyone says they have seen no sign on those here.