PDA

View Full Version : Problem with running straight line...

hkopium
08-08-2005, 04:48 PM
My H8 has this problem which I cannot solve...

Front holder = default (= 1 or A?)
Rear holder = 3 (or "C")
I used those 4 small hex screws on the wheel arms to make them extending horizontally...

Forward: it can run in a straight line.
Backward: it steers to the left...

I tightened and loosened the wheel hex nut, I played around with the settings of my Transmitter, I checked the all screws and shocks... all seems to be fine.

Any idea?

Hawk
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
If there is no slack in the steering (I would expect that if it were the case it wouldn't always steer one direction on backing) then I would guess it is the rear suspension setup. Without a Hudy setup board you can't see the tiny out of line conditions say with the rear bulkhead cocked sideways 1 degree or something like that.
As a curiousity, you are in an area that has little practical relevance, you don't spend much time in reverse. If the front steering is working for you then for all practical purposes you are good to go.
If you want to see what is causing it and in the process open the door to all kinds of little glitches in the suspension you never imagnined, get a seup board, stands and whatever little tools you can to tweak the chassis. Nearly the only reason to look is to satisfy your obsession.
So have fun. :cool: