PDA

View Full Version : Gah!!! This sucks.

Mazda787b
03-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Looks like my local club won't be having races next year. It is really too bad because I was buying my 777 for that purpose. Unless something drastic happens, it doesn't look like I will have a place to run one after all. :mad:

arch2b
03-20-2005, 11:55 PM
i'll just have myself to keep company and mainly just the streets to keep my busy :o it wouldn't stop me from buying one though :p i was a solo z racer in the parking lot for almost 2 years before i found locals/family to join in

adrenalinrush123998
03-21-2005, 10:52 AM
hey at least your area has a track....
im not dissapointed if they racing any of the new realeses around here...because we dont have a track to race on....

alfreddajero
03-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Oh well since you wont be able to race the half 8 why dont you just get one anyway......im sure you can find a small spot to just bash and have fun man... :D

ruknd
03-25-2005, 03:39 AM
hey at least your area has a track....
im not dissapointed if they racing any of the new realeses around here...because we dont have a track to race on....
NY is a short drive away ;) ...and to make you salivate even more...track pics will come soon :p ...its groomed and maintained like a country club...only all sand traps but dirt filled :D

Mazda787b
03-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Well, update. The chance of me getting a H8 is getting bleaker by the day. It loks as though I will have an excuse to re-build the XXX-T for summer racing, though. :)

ruknd
03-25-2005, 03:50 AM
mazda where from? There's a trophy race the middle of next month..I know the crcrc crew is coming in from Columbus Ohio...let me know I'll give you the details!

k_bojar
03-25-2005, 03:23 PM
This is the beauty of this thing...Get a few guys in your neighborhood together and build you own little H8 track :D

One of the mags did an article on building a mini-t track in a very small area - can't see why you cannot adapt it to the half8

adrenalinrush123998
03-25-2005, 06:53 PM
well of course im still getting an h-8.....

i wish i even had PPL around to get interested into the hobby if i put up a flyer a few places in town for people to chip in and help make a an r/c track everyone would look at it and be like
whats an r/c? whats a track? whats this racing class balogney?
ITS BLACK MAJIC I TELL YOU! someone would scream and thene ervyone would turn and look them and then pull out pitch forks and torches and be like "get the evil r/c majic!!!!" "yaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"

ok thats a lil far fetched...but im still not getting a track with real people to race anytime soon
i do plan to build a track at my lakehouse though...that will be fun and ill make acorner that goes right next to the edge of the water and if dont make the turn SPLASH! heee-heeeee

mazda who cares if your not gonna have a racing league for the h-8 get one anyways... and then rally for a racing league

BitHed
03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
...mazda buy the car...you know you must...No one to hang out with? Mate dont worry about that...And no official racing? Dood race ya the corner and back...

...Adrenain...You have a lakehouse? Cool...I have a small area of road outside my house to drive on...People to drive with? Nothing there either...Adrenalin i like the sound of YOUR neighbourhood ;) At least you will have people amassing for a similar cause..lol...

Mazda787b
03-27-2005, 04:00 AM
I live just out of detroit.

Anyways, I wish there was just a kit. I dont need all the electronics it comes with. I don't have taime to bash that much, I mostly race.

Adrenalin, mabey I could understand you if you could type.

halfEIGHT
03-29-2005, 06:35 PM
M787 - this just means we'll have to organize a MI Mini-Z AND half8 race now...! :)

Mazda787b
03-31-2005, 03:52 AM
Yep. It looks as though I will be helping out at my LHS and in return getting a parts discount and some cash. I am trying to get them to allow me to organize a race for Zs and 1/18s. Check your emails on Shop@mini-zracer.com, I sent you an email regardng an order I will be placing, I can give you some more info if and when you allow me to pick it up.

adrenalinrush123998
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
bithead...i dont have a neighborhood i actually live a twenty minuete drive outside of town
my neighborhood is only three houses all of which are at least a medium sized amount of woods in between them
pretty good bashing ground with all the pot-holes in the roads (jumps!)
and yes i do have a lakehouse it is on a very nearby lake and i have ALWAYS wanted to build a track there...and this buggy looks like the perfect reason to build one (the area i have selected just screams BUGGY)

BitHed
03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
...adrenalin build it and we will come...I will bring the sushi and sake ;)

...I actually found a nice little skate park area under the bullet train tracks the other day... was in the car but i am dying to go back with my h8...

...Thats the joy of bashing though isnt it :) Pop the trunk, pull the car out and bash :D Break and then go home with plans for bigger and stronger...

Icey.Apple
03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
[...] ...I actually found a nice little skate park area under the bullet train tracks the other day... was in the car but i am dying to go back with my h8...

...Thats the joy of bashing though isnt it :) Pop the trunk, pull the car out and bash :D Break and then go home with plans for bigger and stronger...

skate parks are ok... just hope some skater dude doesn't run over it ;)

adrenalinrush123998
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
there are a TON of skateparks around here that ive always wanted to hit with my mini-t or mini-quake (need to get the opil shocks for the t first tho)
and it sounds like i would actually be allowed to run it there over the jumps and in the pipe and everything...which shouldbe VERY fun with the h-8 once i get oil shocks for it....
but then again as icey said...i dont want some biker hitting my car and crushing it
im sure ill find somewhere to race it...or at least someone to race with theres a kid that lives near me whos kinda into it...he has a nitro and an RC18T but when it comes to modyifieng and r/c knowledge......asking him his setup would be the equivelent of talking a brick wall...(he IS only seven though....)