PDA

View Full Version : Battery Questions????

TheGregster
08-07-2005, 12:20 AM
I just bought two of the Half Eight Battery Sets made by Kyosho (Half8 SP Battery 9.6V-1100 NiMH). The sticker on the batteries say to charge them at 1.1A for fast charging and 0.1A for slow charging. Now for the questions:

1. The amperage to charge these batteries is self explanatory. Is there any pro's or con's fast charging these batteries?

2. The instructions do not give any information to what to set the delta peak to. What mv should I set the charger to when charging these batteries?

3. What charger should I use? The instructions say it requires a Kyosho charger (No. 72551 Multi Charger or No. 72102 EXCEL PRO CHARGER). Do need a kyosho charger for these batteries? Could I use one of my chargers to charge these batteries? I have a LRP Pulsar Competition 2 charger and a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX charger. Also, which one of my chargers should I use?

holy_inferno
08-07-2005, 02:04 AM
...Your pro chargers are more than capable to charge your battery pack...can I have one? :D...Kyosho just says that to try to lighten your wallet...Delta peak should be no higher than 24-25mV, 3mV/cell
:)

mOOsE
08-07-2005, 03:19 AM
BAH, nuke em at 2.0-2.5 for 1100's. Kyosho is going overkill with those ratings. Lithium batteries are about the only type you must charge at 1 times its own capacity...meaning 1.1 amps for 1100 MAH or 1.1 AMPS. Your chargers will work fine, actually, they are overkill hahaha. You must be competitive if you own that Turbo 35 ;). Just set your Threshold to what you normally use on 1/10 3300NiMh batts and charge at 2.0 to start. Its all about the temperature anyway so you can increase from there if it stays under 135F.

RAE
08-10-2005, 04:29 AM
Hi:
I just have this battery Kyosho Mini Inferno 9.6V 8-Cell 1100 mAH NiMH Battery Pack with Battery Protection Unit, Can I used w/o the protection unit? also Do I need this unit if I use another Battery Pack brand ?

holy_inferno
08-10-2005, 07:21 AM
The protection unit just does something that increses run time/ decreases speed, so you don't have to use it at all with any battery packs...Change all your connections, battery, ESC to Deans Ultra plugs if you want to have minimal resistance.
:)