PDA

View Full Version : I bet you all want this...

hkopium
07-30-2005, 12:29 PM
METAL differential gears, finally!!!

But I think Derlin material will even be better.

Mini-Devil
07-30-2005, 12:57 PM
That looks really nice, but steel will be terribly heavy! :eek: As for myself I'm waiting for 3Racing's ball differentials.

By the way, anyone knows when the 3Racing's ball diffs will be available? I emailed 3Racing but didn't get an answer yet.

mOOsE
07-30-2005, 02:54 PM
wow. That will be so heavy compared to stock. I bet three of those weight close to a pound if they are hardened steel. But if you have tons of power, say the AON 5800 540 motor, then go for it.

WhoMe
07-30-2005, 03:08 PM
I havent had durability problems with the gears themselves. Looks like a bling option.

hkopium
07-30-2005, 03:42 PM
:p Other than weight issue, I wonder what kind of noise level these gears will generate.

richh
07-30-2005, 05:15 PM
i wonder if they will mesh better than the stock gears.

as an aside, i sent an email to kyosho asking them about the crappy feel of my front and rear diffs. never heard back from them.

hkopium
07-30-2005, 06:24 PM
i wonder if they will mesh better than the stock gears.

as an aside, i sent an email to kyosho asking them about the crappy feel of my front and rear diffs. never heard back from them.

I think plastic ones usually mess better than metal ones. But due to the high speed and my crazy driving, plastic won't last long. I really hope to see someone will release Derlin gears sooner.

Anyone knows if 3Racing differential units are using metal gears or derlin?

mOOsE
07-30-2005, 06:59 PM
from their site, the pics look like plastic. I wouldn't see the need for a mete diff gear as nobody has damaged one yet.

R32dude
07-31-2005, 06:59 AM
I had heard somewhere that 3Racing ball diffs were supposed to be released at the end of july?

WhoMe
07-31-2005, 07:37 AM
3Racing only has CAD graphics up of these ball diffs, so if i had to guess it will be atleast another month before we can get our mits on em. :confused:

Mini-Devil
07-31-2005, 12:26 PM
I remember seeing 3Racing replacing a CAD graphics with a genuine pict only days before releasing the product... Wait and see :)

plain_simple
07-31-2005, 07:01 PM
I think (and i'm hoping also :D) that Mini-devil is right. It shouldt take long.. or is that my wishes coming upon me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

akura2
07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
well I wrote them last month and they responded that the Ball-diffs are going through testing and they wouldn't be available for anoter month or so...meaning maybe August....

plain_simple
08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
I didnt knew that... those are good news or maybe not! If they are still testing them that means they are not sure about how much reliable they are :rolleyes:

BitHed
08-02-2005, 02:14 AM
...once again GPM goes ahead and addresses a problem that doesnt exist...Has ANYONE ever told them that this thing is a weight-heavy pig STOCK ? lol...They look nice though...titanium or delrin yes but i am afraid steel just doesnt cut it...I appreciate the sentiment though :D

...Seriously hanging out for those ball diffs though...

Mini-Devil
08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
A bit of news from 3Racing regarding the ball diff as well as other parts.

I emailed them a couple days ago asking about a release date for each of the following:

MIF-019/TI (Aluminum Ball Bearing Steering Saver)
MIF-036/TI (Aluminum C Hub 20 Degree)
MIF-039/TI (Aluminum Center Bulk)
MIF-048/TI (Front / Rear Ball Differential Shaft)
MIF-047/TI (Center Ball Differential Shaft)

They answered yesterday with the following:
- not possible to give any estimate now, but:
- the steering saver and the C hubs "is scheduled and waiting for production"
- and the ball diff "is just in the design and sample testing"

Not sure what that means exactly :confused: , other than they don't want to state any firm date for the moment, which is perfectly understandable. Anyway, I was pleased/surprised they took the time to answer my email so quickly as I'm sure they must receive tons of similar ones everyday. Well, 3Racing really rocks! :)