PDA

View Full Version : Jim from san francisco

jimvox
07-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi everybody I'm new on this site and on this electric rc,5 yrs. ago i have nitro on road but sold since then so now i wat to come back but this nice good looking HALF 8 i want to buy so i need ur advice to make it faster,i read some forum that i need to upgrade i'm ok to do that since i'm started to nitro i want to make it fast,i read that this thing make it fast the T2415-4900 + Castle Creations Mamba 25 Controller anything else advice,and trying to get a radio this is i want to get JR XS PRO anything advice guys.
Thank you all.....

.5x8
07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
welcome to the forums Jim!!

i recommend the urc x42 8 cell gp1100s nimh from www.unitedrc.com
oil shocks, (you can find those at the shop here, as well as other hop ups)
either the hitec hs-85mg servo or hs-81mg servo ( i recommend metal gears for stability)
bearings for all the wheels (thats 8 bearings) which you can find them at the shop also
silicone grease for the diffs, make sure its pretty thick, but not too thick
there will also be mods for the slipper clutch you need to do.

I really recommend the aon 4900 and mamba 25esc brushless combo, i have it, and its FASST, did a backflip just the other day ( wasnt intended...lmao)

jimvox
07-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks .5x8,yes I'll buy the AON 4900 and MAMBA 25,AND United RC Xtreme 42s 9.6v 8-Cell 1100mah NiMH Battery Pack,how many I need to buy this kind of battery?I need a reserve or back up battery?and you said grease where im going to use that?and you said hi tec servo,how about if i buy the JR XS PRO radio that servo compatible for my receiver?oil shocks what kind?if i will change my shock that's not come with the oil?talking slipper clutch what kind and model pls.Thanks for reply and pls. need some advice to other members ....

BitHed
07-29-2005, 12:12 AM
...Welcome to the boards JimVox...The good folks here will look after you...There definately is lots to figure out to make your machine as fast as you want it...read through ALL the threads we have going and you will retty much figure out what needs to be done to fit your style and your wallet...Enjoy :D

.5x8
07-29-2005, 03:33 AM
jim, you can buy as many batteries you like, i recommend atleast 2 so you can charge 1 then run the other, the batteries last for a VERY long time, i get alteast 30 minute runtimes jumping and practicing on my little track setups by pvc pipe. for the oil shocks, i have the 3racing ones, and they are great, they are just as good as the kyosho oil shocks. but the kyosho oil shocks are about 2-3 times the price. the 3racing shocks are only 20-25 dollars plus shipping. it all depends waht you want. I heard that the kyosho shocks have more travel, so its up to u. for grease, you use silicone grease for the DIFFS. make sure you have grease over every single gear in the front middle and rear diffs, it makes the car alot quieter, and prevents anything from stripping. i regrease my diffs every few weeks. for the slipper clutch, use signats mod

signats slipper mod- http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647

the hs-81mg and hs-85mg are direct fit-in servos and work great in this car (i have the hs-81mg and its great) the hs-81 is real fast, great handling, i dont know about the hs-85mg because i dont have it. so you can read or ask around.

jim, if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask. you can call me V. if you have AIM you can message me. my aim is mrxvalentin

jimvox
07-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Thanks for both of you,servo i'm ok to have that but my question if i'll buy the JR XS PRO will be ok and what kind of servo would be fit IF I'LL USE THAT RADIO to HALF 8?

holy_inferno
07-29-2005, 04:26 AM
The Hitec HS81/85MG servos has two versions, the "J" for Futaba "J" connectors, and "S," for the Hitec "S," Airtronics "Z," and the JR connector, if you're using a JR receiver, be sure to buy the "S" version of the HS81/85MG