PDA

View Full Version : Comp X Mamba - Batteries

raymondkerr
07-27-2005, 06:32 AM
I have just installed my Mamba Comp X and set up the speedo. I am still used AA 2300mah nimh x 6 cells in the stock holder with deans plugs, this works out at 7.2v, but the buggy will only move forward very slowly as if I am getting interference, but I am using a 40FM KO radio with Novak XXL receiver - so I don't think the problem is interference. Are AA batteries good enough for running the brushless ? I have a 9.6v pack on the way from ebay but it hasn't arrived as yet. I have checked that the AAs are fully charged.

Also, why do the mamba motors not have a flat spot on the motor to hold the pinion grub screw on ? My pinion rotates and wobbles becuase the grub screw is pushing through onto the motor shaft. I would have expected a flat spot for better pinion fittment, baring in mind how fast these motors are expected to go.

Raymond
:eek:

Smoothound
07-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Basic answer is you need better cells, GP1100's or Lipos really.

holy_inferno
07-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Normal AA's don't put out enough Amps to power any brushless motor, like Smoothound said, use GP1100 2/3A cells or LiPos...
Why is your pinion wobbling? You can't use the stock pinion from the stock Mini Inferno motor, because the Mamba shaft is 2mm compared to 2.3mm of the stock motor...:)

janniz
07-27-2005, 09:15 PM
My pinion rotates and wobbles
What kind of pinions do you use? The Kyosho stock-pinions are made for a 2.3mm shaft but the mamba has a 2mm shaft. Try to get HPI or Team Associated pinions, they are made for 2mm shaft.

J.E.
07-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Use HPI 10T pinion on the Mamba Comp X and don't use more then 11T pinion on the Mamba Comp X. Because it is a hight rpm motor, it do not have too much torque!! You need to grind a flat spot on the motor's shaft!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBGE6&P=0

Hawk
07-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Use HPI 10T pinion on the Mamba Comp X and don't use more then 11T pinion on the Mamba Comp X. Because it is a hight rpm motor, it do not have too much torque!! You need to grind a flat spot on the motor's shaft!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBGE6&P=0

copied from the page linked above:This is an Optional Gardened Steel Pinion Gear for the HPI Micro RS4 vehicles.

Now tell me what is Gardened Steel? Is organic a term that will be batted around in advertising for rc parts now? :cool:

holy_inferno
07-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Now tell me what is Gardened Steel? Is organic a term that will be batted around in advertising for rc parts now? :cool:
...could it be a typographical error? Could it be that they meant Hardened Steel, seeing how the letter "G" is right next to "H" on a QWERTY keyboard...
:)

Hawk
07-27-2005, 11:44 PM
...could it be a typographical error? Could it be that they meant Hardened Steel, seeing how the letter "G" is right next to "H" on a QWERTY keyboard...
:)
Your analysis is overly simplistic and nilistic. Besides, then it wouldn't be funny. :cool:

akura2
07-28-2005, 01:17 AM
the "gardened" pinions are for free-renge H8's

Hawk
07-28-2005, 03:58 AM
That's what I'm talking about! :cool: