PDA

View Full Version : Challenge - H8 vs F201

NiMo
07-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys
My big mouth has gotten me in a spot of bother :D
I was saying to someone how bad his F201 was looking on the track (to which he took offence) and I jokingly said how I can get a 1/18th Off Road Buggy to lap faster than his F1 car (well he did spend a lot of time on the grass), thing is, after another 4 hours he was still wanting me to take up the challenge :eek: but I'm an 200mm On Road Scale Touring Nitro driver.
Now seeing as I have dedicated myself to being a Kyosho only driver the car open to me is the H8, so this is the car I have chosen for the challenge (I was going to get an off road fun car at some time), I now have to make this car lap faster than a hopped up F201 on a Tarmac track over a 5 minute run, so this is where you come in :D
Rubber tyres have to be used, so what is required to fit 1/10th Touring wheels for 24mm tyres?
Also what is the best direction to go with motor tuning wise? (155ft main straight)
( I will need to change the RX to one that's compatible with the Sanwa Super Exzes).
I want to make this car quick enough on road to make the other racers gasp, or have I really bitten off more than I can chew.

Inferno454
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
WElcome to the forums. To get tc tires to fit u have to get an adapter, search the forums theres a thread about it somewhere. If u want to go fast get 3 racing oil shocks, Ball bearing 4 the wheels, an AON 4900 BL motor, a Mamba 25 ESc, and URC xtreme X42 8 cell 1100 packs.

TNB
07-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Kyosho 1/18th scale Mini-Inferno v. a Tamiya 1/10th scale F1? Seems like a very "off" type of race, especially considering the way the F1 handles in general or at least the way my Tamiya F1 handles, but it doesn't have a lot of option parts on it. The weight of the 6-cell battery pack if that is what is being used in the F1 should also be a major factor as well as your brother's driving skills, especially if you use LiPos in the Kyosho Mini-Inferno. Quite frankly, it's very easy to turn a Mini-Inferno into a pocket rocket if you can drive it, as Inferno454 has basically mentioned in his post above, and you may also want to check into some of the suspension option parts too.

mOOsE
07-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Just put 1 jump in the track and you will win haha. Sounds like a tough race unless he is a really bad driver. Basically what inferno said and just lower it all the way. The nice thing about the inferno is that it doesn't drive like a micro either, it drives like a 1/10 car so you should be able to pull it off easy. best o' luck 2 ya

Magnum P.I.
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
whats on the line for this race, bragging rights? i used to drag race my rc's to win other ones. it was usualy my hyper7 against tmaxxes and i won. then i sold them the tmaxx back for cheap cuz im nice

NiMo
07-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanx for the response.
The challenge is basically against a loud mouth who loves to talk of driving better than the rest of us, while I like to do it just by driving the cars.
I can run an FW05 with its GS15R on Sorex rubber 3 laps faster than this guy (being polite) that's 20 laps against 17 laps (I do 21 with the RRR/Sirio on foam).
I just need to do this now the challenge has been laid, and I'm looking forward to it.
Challenge is on August Bank Holiday Monday, and I have only just ordered the car yesterday, so time is short which means forgetting imports from USA as thay can take up to 10 weeks to arrive and clear UK customs since 9/11 (HK is 8/10 days), oops! could be a problem with the BL as it's only available in the US.

Hawk
07-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Nimo,
I have a mamba x-comp nib with the usb programming cable that I will contribute to the project. Can I get it through customs to you faster than a commercial shipper? Let me know and give me an address that I can send it too. Use email and to me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
dARRYL :cool:

janniz
07-25-2005, 09:30 PM
oops! could be a problem with the BL as it's only available in the US.
If you can't get the AON, try the MiniAC 1215/12 made by Model Motors (http://www.modelmotors.cz/). I use it, its pretty fast with good torque while it should not overheat to fast.

Good luck for your race and keep us updated :D

holy_inferno
07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi Guys
I jokingly said how I can get a 1/18th Off Road Buggy to lap faster than his F1 car.
...Will you be disqualified for using the 1/16th scale Mini Inferno? :D
Anyways, If you're just racing On-road, there's some tips for weight reduction, :) (http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520&highlight=weight+reduction) as the Mini Inferno is kinda heavy for a mini...
(Click on yellow smiley)

NiMo
07-26-2005, 10:00 AM
I have seen some wheel hexes on the 3Hobby Main Site (http://www.3racing.com.hk/options.jsp?manu_id=Kyosho&carkit=MINIINFERNO#MIF-016/BU) but are these the 12mm touring adapters?
(still waiting for car to arrive)
Also I've noticed on this site that 3racing are looking to release Front/Centre/Rear Ball Diffs for the H8.

akura2
07-26-2005, 10:47 AM
I have seen some wheel hexes on the 3Hobby Main Site (http://www.3racing.com.hk/options.jsp?manu_id=Kyosho&carkit=MINIINFERNO#MIF-016/BU) but are these the 12mm touring adapters?
(still waiting for car to arrive)
Also I've noticed on this site that 3racing are looking to release Front/Centre/Rear Ball Diffs for the H8.

no.. those are stock sized

NiMo
07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
The car has just arrived from Dinball. :D
Ordered 24th, Arrived 27th, now that's service.
Now to strip the car to removed as much friction as possible.

plain_simple
07-28-2005, 06:21 PM
get all the ti parts you can get... dont forget about changing the diff bones for aluminium that will help you a lot on the mission to do not loose energy between the main diff and the other ones. also get a mamba and the AON or the Typhoon hi-torque motor.
Good luck on the race.. keep us posted ;)

BitHed
07-29-2005, 05:22 AM
...NiMO how'd you go on this one brotha? No reply means you got thrashed? :D Let us know ;)

holy_inferno
07-29-2005, 05:34 AM
...Are there any RC on-road track that has a change in elevation, with climbs and descents? I haven't seen any On-Road RC track have that...It would be cool if an RC track was like the Bathurst track at Mount Panorama, in NSW, Australia...

BitHed
07-29-2005, 05:36 AM
...That would be cool...I used to watch the big Bathurst race when i was young and still living in NZ...Or how about one of those motorcross courses that they use in europe...BIG hills and stuff...THAT would be cool...

holy_inferno
07-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Australian/New Zealand V8 Supercars are way better to watch than American NASCAR Racing, where the cars just go around in circles for hundreds of laps...
...Isn't Motorcross Off Road? RC should have a stunt contest where cars do backflips and stuff. :)

BitHed
07-29-2005, 05:48 AM
...Wellington NZ was on the Supercar circuit at some stage...It was a great weekend...and then there was the time that my apartment in Surfers Paradise was INSIDE the Indy course ;) I could watch the race on TV and then pop oput to the balcony to watch the lead cars go through...Great stuff...I once went to a monster truck demo inside Tokyo Dome too...But i am too far from the point of this thread...

...Ina normal situation could a H8 beat a 1:10 F1? I wouldnt think so...Did we get any results from this face-off?

holy_inferno
07-29-2005, 05:59 AM
This year, V8 Supercars isn't having a race in NZ, but weird enough, they are racing at Shanghai International Circuit, China...The season starts with the Clipsal 500, in Adelaide as usual. :D
...I don't think NiMo has raced yet, he'd only received the Mini Inferno on the 27th. :)

Magnum P.I.
07-29-2005, 10:52 PM
a go kart track by me has some hills and such

NiMo
08-01-2005, 04:43 PM
V8 Supercars - we get at 50 minute highlights of each event here in the UK, good racing with the 600hp Ford Falcon's and Holden Commodore's.

The challenge is not until the August Bank Holiday Monday (last Monday of this month), I have ordered a Motor/ESC package from AON, was posted on 31st so hopefully this US delivery will come quick.
Wheel adapters are the problem, I cant find any (Tower out of stock).

Just got back from a visit to my Father (260 miles away) so I have some catching up to do (78 emails :eek: ).

thenewbie
08-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Today was the race..... How did it go?

NiMo
08-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Today was the race..... How did it go?

He never showed, in fact I haven't seen him since he made the challenge.

My club however has suggested running these 1/18th trucks/buggies in with the F1 cars to boost the grid size, so all is not lost.

plain_simple
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Eheheheheh.. i guess you did win then.. not showing up means victory to the other challenger ;)