PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when UNited RC will get more Apogee 1660mah 7.4v Lipo Packs in stock

half8 abuser
07-24-2005, 11:41 PM
I want one but they are out of stock. Know of any other places that sell these types of packs?

hkopium
07-25-2005, 12:58 AM
I want one but they are out of stock. Know of any other places that sell these types of packs?

Check United RC's website for its official distributors. There are only a handful of them and hopefully they still have some in stock.

Other than that, I haven't seen any online shop selling its products.

But from my experience, they usually stock up the batteries every week. I suspect they only make around 5 to 10 batt. packs after each time they are out of stock. So check United RC's website frequently for re-stock.

half8 abuser
07-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Has anyone tried the Apogee 1660mah 11.1v Lipo Pack with the Mamba system? I think it's a little over kill but they do have them in stock. 72 bucks seems like a lot of money but if you get long run times I guess it would be worth it.

Smoothound
07-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Just need to be careful not to over discharge them. I've gone back to GP1100's now after killing a couple of Lipo packs. The Mamba has a LVC but it's not always easy to see it cutting in when the red mist is in your eyes :D

half8 abuser
07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Well right now I have a couple of the Xtreme 32s 7.2v 1100mah NiMH Pack from United RC with my mamba and it doesn't work worth a $hit. Full throttle is fine but mid throttle it cuts in and out. It’s like the ESC keeps resetting every 3 seconds or something. I have the dean’s connecters, full barings, 13t pinion and nothing works. Even if I hold it in the air the thing cogs. It just keeps cogging every where so I want to try lipo to see if it fixes it. If it doesn’t I will be pissed.

I have tried calling both United RC and Castle Creation and they both keep blaming each other. I just got so pissed about the run around I was getting from them that I just shelved the Inferno for about 3 months. But now I want to try to get the thing running.

hkopium
07-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Well right now I have a couple of the Xtreme 32s 7.2v 1100mah NiMH Pack from United RC with my mamba and it doesn't work worth a $hit. Full throttle is fine but mid throttle it cuts in and out. It’s like the ESC keeps resetting every 3 seconds or something. I have the dean’s connecters, full barings, 13t pinion and nothing works. Even if I hold it in the air the thing cogs. It just keeps cogging every where so I want to try lipo to see if it fixes it. If it doesn’t I will be pissed.

I have tried calling both United RC and Castle Creation and they both keep blaming each other. I just got so pissed about the run around I was getting from them that I just shelved the Inferno for about 3 months. But now I want to try to get the thing running.

You are using a 13T? Wouldn't a smaller pinion may help? Say 9T or 11T?

Smoothound
07-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Have you disabled the LVC? If that is set to 6.0v or higher you will get nothing but cogging unless the battery is at max charge. As soon as it's slightly discharged it will be hitting the voltage cut.

Also make sure your ESC is on the latest firmware.

plain_simple
07-25-2005, 12:21 PM
If you're using Nimh then the Esc needs too have to desable cutt off or all you will get is a really headache ;)
I'm using some lipos i bought from www.rcmaterial.com if you're from europe they can be a good way to go for you :cool:

liquidsky
07-25-2005, 02:41 PM
When running these lipos do u guys wrap it around with spounge or something cause i heard lipos dont like sudden impacts.

hkopium
07-25-2005, 06:17 PM
When running these lipos do u guys wrap it around with spounge or something cause i heard lipos dont like sudden impacts.

The more I read about Lipo batt., the further I stay away from it...

It is like a time-bomb. So I gave up the idea of using them. :o

plain_simple
07-25-2005, 07:51 PM
The more I read about Lipo batt., the further I stay away from it...

It is like a time-bomb. So I gave up the idea of using them. :o

Nope... i have some lipo packs and they didnt give me any troubles. The deal is the following: lipo's need the same attention as NIMh, the difference is that you need to be more careful about the way you charge and store your packs. I use a pyrex with lid and some sand inside and that prevents anything else from getting fire in case the worse happends. Another thing you need to be careful about is storing them on a closed regular aluminium case to prevent that anything happens if they set in fire by themselfs and no one is near. I also use an equalizer to make them even on Volts while charging and so far so good. I have a friend that due to a crash shortned an old NiMh pack and that burned his Losi XXS-G P to the ground while he was practicing... soooo.... i guess that anything can happen when you're not careful and you dont do your homework :)
One thing is for sure... when it comes to weight, runtime and punch lipo rules if you compare them with NiMh performances

half8 abuser
07-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Have you disabled the LVC? If that is set to 6.0v or higher you will get nothing but cogging unless the battery is at max charge. As soon as it's slightly discharged it will be hitting the voltage cut.

Also make sure your ESC is on the latest firmware.

Yes it's off. It comes that way from the factory.

half8 abuser
07-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Well just got off the phone with Troy at Bishop Power Products and he is sending me a new speed controller. He is a really nice guy.

UNITED_RC
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Well right now I have a couple of the Xtreme 32s 7.2v 1100mah NiMH Pack from United RC with my mamba and it doesn't work worth a $hit. Full throttle is fine but mid throttle it cuts in and out. It’s like the ESC keeps resetting every 3 seconds or something.

What mamba motor are you running?

Also..please email us, I dont think we have ever put blame (point fingers) at Castle.....

We experienced a similar problem in our Mini Quake, using a Mamba 6800 setup. The Truck would sputter about mid-full trottle. Castle told us that it was too high KV rated motor for the Mini Quake (thier official motor recommendation for the Mini-Quake is the 4200 ONLY).

Changed it out to a 4200, and never had the issue again.

URC

Glitch
08-11-2005, 06:10 AM
United_RC,

Will the Apogee 1660mah 11.1v lipos work with the AON4900/Mamba combo? I don't want to fry my new setup.

Thanks in advance

UNITED_RC
08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
United_RC,

Will the Apogee 1660mah 11.1v lipos work with the AON4900/Mamba combo? I don't want to fry my new setup.

Thanks in advance

Sure....that will be a GREAT setup. We have heard many good things about the AON motor. With the Mamaba ESC, you have "tunability" options for that setup.

URC

Glitch
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
United,

Thanks for the reply! Order is on the way. I printed out the lithium battery usage guidelines from the PFM website. This will be my first experience with a lipo so I'm a little aprehensive. Any lipo tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

UNITED_RC
08-12-2005, 06:42 PM
What charge are you going to use?

If you order the 1660mah 11.1v pack:

on ESC, set voltage cutoff to 9V
Charge @ 1.6amps (=1C of pack rating) DO NOT EXCEED! If you can not charge @ 1.6, go under ...NEVER over.

If you order the 1660mah 7.4v pack:

on ESC, set voltage cutoff to 6V
Charge @ 1.6amps (=1C of pack rating) DO NOT EXCEED! If you can not charge @ 1.6, go under ...NEVER over.

That is pretty much it....that along with the PFM doc..you should be pretty much good (SAFE) to go!

URC

Glitch
08-25-2005, 03:27 AM
United RC

I just purchased the 1660mah 11.1v pack. I have an Ice charger and it will not completely charge the pack using the deans plug. I was wondering where I can get a connector to match the alternate plug on the battery. I was told that cells have to be charged seperatley to obtain a full charge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

UNITED_RC
08-25-2005, 03:25 PM
United RC

I just purchased the 1660mah 11.1v pack. I have an Ice charger and it will not completely charge the pack using the deans plug. I was wondering where I can get a connector to match the alternate plug on the battery. I was told that cells have to be charged seperatley to obtain a full charge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please email us directly to discuss your charing issue. We would be more than happy to work with you on getting your issue resolved.

jwyant@unitedrc.com