PDA

View Full Version : Gpm

HVAC25000
07-24-2005, 05:33 AM
Besides Ebay and Dinball and various other incredibly foreign and incredibly crooked dealers, where can I get GPM parts? You know, someone in the U.S. who can actually get what I ask for :)

Thanks!
Chris

holy_inferno
07-24-2005, 09:01 PM
...Who are incredibly foreign and crooked dealers?...Isn't GPM, 3R, Atomic, etc option parts manufacturers foreign anyways?...shops @h8.com and one18th.com are the only ones in the US that I know of who sells 3R and Atomic parts, no GPM :)

HVAC25000
07-24-2005, 09:56 PM
"Who are incredibly foreign and crooked dealers?..."

Dinball, the border, stellamodels, most people on ebay, a couple others that I can't recall as I didn't even bother saving their websites.

At dinball I tried to place a 175 dollar order, they tried to charge me 35 in shipping for 3 pounds, which should be 12 dollars regular UPS, 2.50 in handling, and an 11 dollar bank charge (and if all this is really what it should cost, then why don't they charge the bank charge, the outrageous shipping, or the handling on ebay? because they couldn't get away with it on ebay).

It's the same at all the other places, just some go about it differently, trying to hide their crooked ways.

"GPM, 3R, Atomic, etc option parts manufacturers foreign anyways?..."

Foreign dealers, not manufacturers. Kyosho is a foreign manufacturer too, not a dealer, and I got their car from a guy in the U.S., not from some lying group of chinese guys trying to screw people out of their money (ie dinball).

The chinese have this theory that if they rip off their tiny handful of customers they will make more money.

I'm American, and I know that if you make sacrifices for your cutomers, cut them deals on large orders, offer specials, etc., you will have more customers and make more money. Proof that I'm right? I don't want to buy from China, I want to buy from an American, and every person in the U.S. I have bought stuff from has offered to cut me a deal. Although, I suppose, them speaking English does help a little.

I hope all you other people in the U.S. try and keep as much of your business in the U.S., too. It's not good to support a FOREIGN economy, we need to be supporting our own economy. Now if only someone in America would start regularly making parts for the Mini Inferno (hint hint CAW, if you're listening, every part for the Mini Inferno needs to be made in Aluminum and anodized in various colors!).

holy_inferno
07-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Americans are mainly interested in making options for American things and companies...Traxxas, Associated, Losi. CAW is not a large business and will take a while to make options for a foreign RC, but they already have shock towers and alloy chassis for the Mini Inferno...
Isn't the American economy large enough?...Is America going into an economic depression anytime soon? ;)...Why isn't it good to support a foreign economy?

.5x8
07-25-2005, 01:01 AM
i dont think i would touch anything except 3racing and atomic, they are the best brands IMO for this car thus far. their parts have very good finish and detail, thanks 3R and ATOMIC!! i hope the shop stocks some atomic parts soon (like slipper alloy gears) i got the plastic ones..stripped em trying to get the mesh right...pissed me off.i couldnt go to the local track >:|

EphiDelt490
07-25-2005, 01:37 AM
How are the SATO parts? I want to pick up some of their purple alloy parts to make the H8 look like my Hot Bodies 8th scale. Just curious about the build quality/durability?

Smoothound
07-25-2005, 08:06 AM
"Who are incredibly foreign and crooked dealers?..."

Dinball, the border, stellamodels, most people on ebay, a couple others that I can't recall as I didn't even bother saving their websites.

At dinball I tried to place a 175 dollar order, they tried to charge me 35 in shipping for 3 pounds, which should be 12 dollars regular UPS, 2.50 in handling, and an 11 dollar bank charge (and if all this is really what it should cost, then why don't they charge the bank charge, the outrageous shipping, or the handling on ebay? because they couldn't get away with it on ebay).

It's the same at all the other places, just some go about it differently, trying to hide their crooked ways

If I were you I'd check out the pricing 90% of your US dealers charge for shipping stuff overseas before you shout out how fantastic they are :mad:

Yeah sure if you reside in the country of manufacture you'll always get cheaper shipping but I'll bet you now very few US companies will end up making parts for the H8 because the far east have it sewn up already and you can be sure local shipping is peanuts and local prices are probably far cheaper than the ones you see on the net :D

I have issues with Dinballs about a lost package and won't use them again until it is rectified but all other Hong Kong dealers have been awesome, stuff gets here quicker than it does from US etc and rarely gets caught in customs which nearly every package I order from the US does. On average shipping from HK takes about 4-5 days to get here against close to 2 weeks from the US.

Because of the above I buy most parts for my RC stuff from HK or locally if it is available here, which as a rule it isn't :(

plain_simple
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
i guess that for GPM HK is the best country to get their parts because they are based there. I saw a really nice carbon fiber chassis for a RC18T at the main GPM shop in HK so i wonder if they are thinking about producing something like that for the mini inferno, but for now all i wanted was that 3racing would at last release those ball diff :D

EphiDelt490
07-25-2005, 02:58 PM
How are the SATO parts? I want to pick up some of their purple alloy parts to make the H8 look like my Hot Bodies 8th scale. Just curious about the build quality/durability?
Anyone.....

Smoothound
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I bought one Sato part for mine but being an honest bloke I can't remember which bit it was so i can't say if it was good or bad :p

I have Atomic, CAW, Sato and mostly 3Racing parts on my H8 and so far none have failed or been a pain to fit apart from the obvious strip rebuild type aggravation.

RockDragon
07-25-2005, 04:33 PM
OK!...... guys .... I have been following up this thread and now I just have to say out something .... I'm a guy who live and work in HKG almost 7 years now. I can say that I'm so @#$% lucky that most RC hop-up parts are from here in HKG. For over 25 years of my life with RC, I've never enjoy so much like in these past 7 years. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those RC dealers or shops. I'm just a normal working guy, OK! My work is dealing with machinery so I do have to buy and sell spare parts with other countries aroud the world. So I know quite well about the shipping charges that is really add into the cost of the parts. This is really pain in the neck as HKG is half way around the world form the States. I know how far it is as I used to live in NY over 8 years before. Anyway now let me tell you the last time I ordered a PTI MMT kit from Tower, I paid big 64 bucks for the shipping charge which is 1/4 the cost of the kit. Well it's because I wanted to have it the quickest by sending out via UPS overnight delivery. But it took 3 days to reach me in HKG anyway. And it still would be about 40 bucks charge if sending thru normal first class air parcel. The other time i ordered a custom built clod crawling chassis from RCGUY, I also paid 69 bucks for the shipping charge thru first class air parcel. But it was OK as the package was over 9 pounds.
Well ... because those things is never available from here in Asia. So the only way is I have to order directly from the States because I love RC with all my heart for so long. I could spend on them if I really need to get them and many time I did.
You may think I only ordered the large items... one time I ordered 2 sets of the Trinity wheel hex adapter from tower, I paid 12 bucks shipping charge for them. So what you think!
And one more thing, let me tell you why the parts are lower price here in HKG ... well .. all goods sold are non-returnable and very little customer support after goods sold. The best is to know exactly what you're buying. That's why the dealers are selling at cheaper price as no headace to deal with return and refund items unlike in the States that is protected by the consumer affairs laws, right!
Note: I'm not Chinese.... :p

plain_simple
07-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey Dragon.. nice to see you here and not just at 0ne18th ;)
I agree with you and although i am in Europe i think you're 100% right about waht you said.
I saw the nice work you did on your RC18T project, if you could pm me or email i would like to ask you some questions about that because i have one too.
Keep showing up in here :D

signats
07-25-2005, 10:38 PM

I have used 3 different Sato parts, steering knuckles, HD servo saver spring and nut, and wheel hexs.

The wheel hexes are rarely used because of the stock Kyosho "5pm free crack givaway" wheels , the hexes have a good quality anodized finish to them though, so they look really pretty sitting there in my parts box.

The HD servo saver spring and nut are supa-dupa-dialed. Very nice stuff here, I won't leave home without them.......

The steering knuckles are made of what seems like very soft Al., the kingpins (all 4) stripped out within 3 battery packs on my set and the holes had to be re-tapped for bigger (6-32) screws to make them work, as well as enlarging the kingpin bushings for the bigger screws.

The bearing fit is also borderline sloppy on my set so the axel had to be shimmed to keep the bearings from sliding around, the bearing fit was not wobbly, but the bearings would slide lateraly (in and out). They too have a nice anodized finish, and work way better than the stock plastic knuckles once they were properly uhh.. "calibrated". I like 'em now, but given a do-over I would go with the 3racing, simply because if the 3racing knuckles were junky we would have heard complaints by now.........

HTH

J.E.
07-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Besides Ebay and Dinball and various other incredibly foreign and incredibly crooked dealers, where can I get GPM parts? You know, someone in the U.S. who can actually get what I ask for :)

Thanks!
Chris

Try this !!

http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/frame_main.html
then go to "Dealer", then "United States" !!

hope this help !!

I think as long as you are satisfing with the company and their produce that will be the most important thing. Beacuse every one have different teste !!! :D

EphiDelt490
07-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I have used 3 different Sato parts, steering knuckles, HD servo saver spring and nut, and wheel hexs.

The wheel hexes are rarely used because of the stock Kyosho "5pm free crack givaway" wheels , the hexes have a good quality anodized finish to them though, so they look really pretty sitting there in my parts box.

The HD servo saver spring and nut are supa-dupa-dialed. Very nice stuff here, I won't leave home without them.......

The steering knuckles are made of what seems like very soft Al., the kingpins (all 4) stripped out within 3 battery packs on my set and the holes had to be re-tapped for bigger (6-32) screws to make them work, as well as enlarging the kingpin bushings for the bigger screws.

The bearing fit is also borderline sloppy on my set so the axel had to be shimmed to keep the bearings from sliding around, the bearing fit was not wobbly, but the bearings would slide lateraly (in and out). They too have a nice anodized finish, and work way better than the stock plastic knuckles once they were properly uhh.. "calibrated". I like 'em now, but given a do-over I would go with the 3racing, simply because if the 3racing knuckles were junky we would have heard complaints by now.........

HTH
Thanks man :), I appreciate the insight. I may just pick up their parts package off eBay, considering it's $54 shipped. If the parts are problematic, I'll replace them as need be with 3Racing. I don't even have an H8 yet, still trying to find someone to trade for one. Anyway, thanks again!

-Adam

signats
07-26-2005, 09:48 PM
That is a great deal for all that stuff, tell that seller to throw in a HD servo saver to seal the deal :D

I picked a never been run H8 up off of ebay, somebody spent about 450$ on the buggy and all the goodies, without upgrading the electronics or motor system .... I think at that point he got wet feet seeing how much more it was gonna take to finish it off right. I bailed him out though, so he only lost about 2bills, being the nice guy that I am :)

Good deals are out there to be had, stick with it, and hopefully a good one will fall your way real soon ;)