PDA

View Full Version : the packages start arriving.

navydochalf8
07-23-2005, 11:25 PM
last week the 3racing knuckles and king pins arrived. yesterday my hs 85mg showed up. today the mamba 6800 package and the JR xs3 and rx should be here on monday. i also have the heat sink and the pinion on order along with some other stuff. i need to know what i need to mount the motor to the 3racing mount thoough?

.5x8
07-24-2005, 12:03 AM
umm...i dont think you need anything...it should fit

navydochalf8
07-24-2005, 12:07 AM
i was looking around and saw this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5988204381&category=44021&rd=1 i think this is what i need. :confused:

i was looking closly and noticed the holes on the motor aren't all he same distance apart so 5x8 you r right it does fit and all i need now is my rx and tx along with pinion and heat sink. this is a B-E-A-utiful set up.

holy_inferno
07-24-2005, 12:25 AM
That adapter plate is for 300 size motors, the Mamba 6800 is a 200 size i think...The 3Racing mount is a bit thicker, I think (again), so there might not be too many threads for the screw to hold onto the motor, if you're using the screws from the stock motor mount...If you're ordering the pinion from b-p-p, you'll need to file off around 1mm from the back of the pinion.
:)

Mini-Devil
07-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I confirm the Mamba 6800 will fit the 3Racing alum mount as it is (I have the same package). However, and if I remember well, I had to use a different set of screws than the one provided with the engine as they were too short.

navydochalf8
07-24-2005, 04:35 PM
thanx alot fellas. i have the motor monted on the 3racing mount an i used the screws that came with the mount. your right, the pinion is from b-p-p and i will file the back as you say. also the my urc 11.1v pack is on it's way i need some sugestions of good lipo chargers. this what tower turned up http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=lipo+charger&FVPROFIL=++

any help is greatly appreciated.
andy

maxxenitout
07-24-2005, 05:18 PM
I was using a Triton charger to charge my lipo's, reciever packs for my gas cars, batteries for my e-maxx and batteries for my airsoft gun, and never had a problem with it. Easy to program and easy to set up, also had a memory function so I could set up diffrent types of packs and not have to worry about adjusted the settings over and over...

TamiyaBF
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I just paid a 100$ for a NIB triton. It came reccommended by the guys at URC. Havent gotten a chance to use it yet but it sure looks nice.

.5x8
07-25-2005, 01:04 AM
why is everyone getting mamba series motors? o well, i love my aon 4900, with my little jump on the front yard, i can do backflips =] and im talking stock wheels here...the only mods are aon4900 motor, hs81 mg, mamba 25 esc, bearings for the hubs/knuckles,atomic alloy gears(need knew ones..doh! i crashed hard and motor got loose for some reason i used smaller screws? i was like wtf..lol DOH! so yeh...)oilshocks and urc x42 8 cell nimh batteries,

holy_inferno
07-25-2005, 03:13 AM
...Just because people say that the Aon is better suited for the Mini Inferno, it doesn't mean that everyone is going to buy or should buy the Aon...Wonder what motor is faster in the Mini Inferno...Aon 4900 with 12t pinion, or Castle CM2068 with 11t pinion.
...I used to be able to do backflips and frontflips with perfect landings using my XSpeed :D, now with the Mamba, it flies :)

holy_inferno
07-25-2005, 03:19 AM
thanx alot fellas. Also the my urc 11.1v pack is on it's way i need some sugestions of good lipo chargers.
any help is greatly appreciated.
andy
Maybe this LiPo specific charger sold at UnitedRC might be what you're looking for :) (http://unitedrc.com/store/product.asp?BrandId=20&ID=112)<-click on smiley :D

Hawk
07-25-2005, 05:31 AM
I use a http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4053
. Works for me and doesn't require a lot of messing around. I don't run any other electric cars besides the H8. I charge the nicads in the radio xmtr, the lipo receiver battery, the ignitors for starting. I use a trickle charger for the starter box.
I have heard wonderful things about the astroflight lipo charger 109 I believe. I would look into that if lipos become a major issue in my life. Good luck. :cool:

navydochalf8
07-26-2005, 01:09 AM
again fellas thanks for the replies as i am needing to order this asap or go to lhs for one. my xs3 tx and rx along with pinion and heat sink need to get here. :mad:

navydochalf8
07-28-2005, 08:57 PM
well the heat sink and the pinion are here but the tx and rx are mia from the seller. i thinki will call him today to find out what is going on.