PDA

View Full Version : Battery Placement OPINIONS needed.

TamiyaBF
07-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Well folks,
In anticipation for the AON restocks shipping out today (I hope) , I decided to outfit the H8 with its new brushless setup. Unfortunatly , the LiPo pack I purchased for it , doesnt fit that great. As you can see , its dimensions make it virtually impossible to mount anywhere.

I have been debating mounting it to the bottom of the shell like so

http://pics.montypics.com/tamiyabf/2005-07-21/1121982705_100_5612.jpg

I got this pack from tower, im not real sure on their return policy , I guess I shouldnt have opened the package.
So, Do you guys think its safe to mount her on the bottom of the shell like that or do you guys think that it might cause some sorts of problems (aside from ugliness),

I might just try to return it and grab some URC packs, but IDK

What do you all think ?

TNB
07-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Since I removed the stock electronics, I run 11.1v 1900 lipos in pretty much that same position all the time. I use industrial strength velcro to hold it in place to the chassis, not body, and opened the body with a couple of slits. There are a few photos of it floating around as well as in Gallery TNB.

mOOsE
07-21-2005, 11:00 PM
seems like it should work. I want to pick up a 3cell too for the brushless. I might mount it on the esc/rx plate and put the electronics where the battery goes though. Or maybe I will move the motor all together and run the battery on the side.

.5x8
07-21-2005, 11:41 PM
o moose..goin brushless now eh? lol i saw that conversation between u and that one dealer on one18th! lolz...welcome to the fast side :D

mOOsE
07-21-2005, 11:47 PM
yup, I used to have all brushless. but it doesn't mean I won't work on a 540 version either.... and my other motors are very, very fast, just very very hot too. like 200+ on the 4.8 graupner. but it hits like 30-35mph on an 8 cell