PDA

View Full Version : Hook n' Loop Velcro

holy_inferno
07-13-2005, 09:09 PM
When mounting electronics using Velcro, do you usually stick the hard, thin plastic part (hook), or the thicker, soft part (loop) onto the ESC, receiver, etc..

Magnum P.I.
07-13-2005, 09:47 PM
I do hard on the chassis parts because if i do a tear down and wash it my special way to wash plastic it drys easeir than the fuz.

So soft on electronics. It realy doesnt matter but the way i do it it just drys faster.

.5x8
07-14-2005, 02:05 AM
u got a good point there magnum, and yes i would do fuzz on the electronics...for magnums reason, and for the reason its cleaner, you can get dirt out easier of the little areas unlike the fuzz...lol..and when you have your h8 out for display without your electronics, it looks cleanier and more professional and fancy :D

Inferno454
07-15-2005, 02:27 AM
I just use servo tape, more secure bond in my opinion.

Icey.Apple
07-21-2005, 10:02 AM
I used velcro on my 1/10th scale cars but it doesn't work very good.. it's way to thick and doesn't give you a secure bond (it moves way to much...) i think it's better to use double sided tape.

janniz
07-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Double-sided tape is thinner and more secure, for sure - but ... I have more cars than receivers. Thats why I use velcro, too. :rolleyes: I like it to be able to change the electronics from one car to another within a few seconds. Until now no velcroed piece lost grip during racing/bashing in any of my cars.

I also use the hard (hook) on the chassis and the soft (loop) on the receiver/controller - but I never knew why :o