PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Atomic SSG Steering crank

quikslvr
07-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Does any have the Atomic SSG Steering crank installed? If you mount the arm with the flange on the bearings on the bottom of the arm, then the flanged screws are not wide enough to hold the arm on the bearings. If you mount the bearing on the arm with the flange at the top, as would seem correct, the hole in the arm to so big that the arm can now slide down off of the bearing and onto the base of the plastic steering arm mount, creating a lot of slop and negating the purpose of the bearing. Any ideas?

dway
07-25-2005, 11:04 PM
I just got my Atomic Steeing crank in today and am having the same problem. Has anyone figured it out?

BitHed
08-02-2005, 02:17 AM
...do ew have a link to this item on the atomic site anyone? I know what we are all saying but a pic would be good...maybe ill just grab one off ebay...

BitHed
08-02-2005, 02:28 AM
...ok here is the culprit..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/AK27.jpg

...the flange bearing goes on TOP thats for sure...

...ok so lets say that the bearing flange is on TOP...and then the bearing slides down...so we need to RAISE the plate / bearing with a bushing / washer to allow us to tighten eveything...

...so basically thay have stuffed up the INNER size of the bearing?

jason9815
08-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I have this product installed on my Half 8 and no problems...at first, it was difficult to fiqure out but now it does work great w/ no modifications.

Will post pictures later...

Thanks

J2

acsubie
08-02-2005, 05:21 PM
yea im sure it just takes time to figure out how to install, but i got pretty frustrated quick, so its just been in my pitbox since, not to mention the stock piece is actually less weight and pretty smooth as it is

dway
08-03-2005, 02:16 AM
I found the stock piece to have too much slop in it. My car would wonder from left to right because of the slop. I finally installed the Atomic one. You need to place a bevel washer over the plastic piece so that the bearing don't slide down. The ones from 1/12 scale axles work great.

hkopium
08-03-2005, 08:52 AM
I found the stock piece to have too much slop in it. My car would wonder from left to right because of the slop. I finally installed the Atomic one. You need to place a bevel washer over the plastic piece so that the bearing don't slide down. The ones from 1/12 scale axles work great.

Please post photo of it if possible. Thanks.

dway
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
I emailed Atomic about the installation problem and they said that they are aware of it and to send it back for a updated one. Here is there reply.

Dear Mr. David:

Many thanks advice this situation to us, we discovered few (#AK27) SSG
Steering Crank for Mini-Inferno have the technical problem of installation,
this time all is returned to factory.

Please send these products with reply address to:

EGR MART
Room B1, 4/F,
Fuk On Industrial Building
1123 Canton Road,
Kowloon, Hong Kong.
The staff will planning the new one for your replace. We're sorry about
this situation, we will improve our product quality and service.

Sincerely,
ATOMIC R/C Development

BitHed
08-04-2005, 12:12 PM
...go ATOMIC...now Dway send them a link to THIS thread showing them that we are QUITE impressed with their service ;)

quikslvr
08-04-2005, 12:25 PM
It is nice to know that Atomic recognizes that there is a problem. I never got a response to the email that I sent them. I'm glad to know that I wasn't just being lame in that I couldn't figure out how to install the damn thing. I'll be sending mine in. Thanks

Smoothound
08-04-2005, 04:19 PM

Nice address to be saddled with for worldwide dealing :rolleyes:

Cool response though :D

BitHed
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
...GPM or someone else had a good one too...big dong or something like that it was...lets ask Crunch..he lives in that part of town...

maxxenitout
08-04-2005, 07:40 PM

Atleast it wasn't
Fuk Off industrial building
because then who knows what there response would be...

BitHed
08-04-2005, 11:36 PM
...There used to be a Thai restaurant in Shinjuku, Tokyo that was called My Dong :D