PDA

View Full Version : I got some Pro version info.

Magnum P.I.
07-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Since im a private investigator(jk im realy not :) ) i emailed kyosho on if they had a pro kit in mind.....

Thanks for your e-mail. At this time there is no plan to release a kit version of the Mini inferno. A pro version RTR is a good possibility but I don’t have any concrete info on whether we will get this or not. Visit our website from time to time for updates and info as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Cort

Kyosho Corporation of America

And there you have it. It may be old news or there pullin my leg and keeping a secret. You just never know

hkopium
07-12-2005, 03:02 PM
There is always a Pro or "Limited" version. ;)

It is the Japanese way to earn your sweat money.

If you are into Japanese toys, airgun, RC cars, etc, they love to issue "Limited" edition on their best selling items (remember Mini-Z Enzo?) :p

bigb11
07-13-2005, 05:56 PM
IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A PRO KIT WITH OIL SHOCKS, BETTER SERVO AND FASTER MOTOR. :cool:

Magnum P.I.
07-13-2005, 10:00 PM
IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A PRO KIT WITH OIL SHOCKS, BETTER SERVO AND FASTER MOTOR. :cool:

Hi welcome the the forum. As much as your statement is true its a bit rude to post in all caps. Accedents happen, Thanks. :)

.5x8
07-14-2005, 02:02 AM
its just caps..but i guess forums have this thing for saying its like yelling....so yeh....it would be nice but i have my h8 already set! aon 4900, mamba 25 esc..3racing shocks..bearings...atomic slipper gears....i had my h8 a while ago..but now sticking in a BL, maybe kyosho might come out with a h8 with hop up slike alum towers, cf parts....oil shocks...i think kyosho probably might even come out with a 80 percent complete rolling chassis

R32dude
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up for a pro version anytime soon! though i do hope they build one!

holy_inferno
07-14-2005, 11:02 PM
i have my h8 already set! aon 4900, mamba 25 esc..3racing shocks..bearings...atomic slipper gears....i had my h8 a while ago..but now sticking in a BL, maybe kyosho might come out with a h8 with hop up slike alum towers, cf parts....oil shocks...i think kyosho probably might even come out with a 80 percent complete rolling chassis
You got your Aon brushless system yet, .5x8? Once you do, post up pictures of your Mini Inferno :D

A Pro set if the Mini Inferno would be nice, but don't really expect any Ti parts, considering how much Kyosho sells them for as options :)

TNB
07-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Anyone tabulate the final cost of all the Kyosho Mini-Inferno option parts? Don't tell me... please don't. I don't want to look.

SteveP
07-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Since im a private investigator(jk im realy not :) ) i emailed kyosho on if they had a pro kit in mind.....
...It may be old news or there pullin my leg and keeping a secret. You just never know

Hi guys. I've just started with Kyosho America and have to say, I really like this site. Lots of good info for the Half 8. I'm a gear head too and would love to have a version of the Half 8 with all the options. :D
I just wanted to clarify one thing about a "Pro" version of the Half 8 - As I said there are those of us that would really like a full option machine, but it's only a thought at this point and it would be quite a long time before it would be released - and that's only if we decided to go ahead with the project. The above email was a candid and private reply to a dealer inquiry by a Kyosho staff member who likes to keep his dealers informed about potential developments. It's unfortunate that it ended up here because we don't want to get anyone's hopes up any time soon, but we'll let you know if anything changes in the future. Thanks for your support!!

holy_inferno
07-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Anyone tabulate the final cost of all the Kyosho Mini-Inferno option parts? Don't tell me... please don't. I don't want to look.
Cost of ALMOST all Kyosho's option parts for the Mini Inferno...Option parts people usually buy...@$450 from the hE.com shop :eek:

Look :) :D

WhoMe
07-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi guys. I've just started with Kyosho America and have to say, I really like this site. Lots of good info for the Half 8. I'm a gear head too and would love to have a version of the Half 8 with all the options. :D
I just wanted to clarify one thing about a "Pro" version of the Half 8 - As I said there are those of us that would really like a full option machine, but it's only a thought at this point and it would be quite a long time before it would be released - and that's only if we decided to go ahead with the project. The above email was a candid and private reply to a dealer inquiry by a Kyosho staff member who likes to keep his dealers informed about potential developments. It's unfortunate that it ended up here because we don't want to get anyone's hopes up any time soon, but we'll let you know if anything changes in the future. Thanks for your support!!

SteveP from the RC car action forums? If so..its great to have you. If not..its still great to have you. Im sure I speak for everyone here when I say..dont let the actions of one stop you from contributing and keeping us in the know! lol..take it easy and thanks.

BitHed
07-15-2005, 04:12 AM
...UNFORTUNATE it ended up here? lol...MOST replies to users mails from manufacturers will end in some form or another on some forum sonmewhere...BTW posting on forums is an extremely valid marketing tool ;) I mean just look at PanicToys :D

SteveP
07-15-2005, 04:50 PM
WhoMe - nah, it's not about that at all. I would just prefer that products that are not even in development be posted on a public forum. Yup, it's me from the RCCA Forums (and the magazine as well). We'll be sure to stop by every now and then to keep you guys updated, I promise.

BitHead - Even though it happens way too much :D email is protected by copyright law, so its contents should not be reproduced without the consent of the author. You don't need to notify the recipient, you don't have to apply for copyright and the user is not absolved by quoting the source. I'm just tuned into this a little more than most because of my connection with publishing for so many years. Nobody is looking to whack anyone on the knuckles - I merely point out the aforementioned because the perception is that the contents of an email are fair game for just about anything. In truth, it's afforded the same protection as something you read in any magazine or book, or see in a picture or movie. I would agree that it's probably best for us not to divulge that information until any product developments are more concrete, so our bad. As I understanding it (I could be mistaken, it happens often ;) ), this was a reply to a Kyosho dealer with whom we would like to have a candid and open relationship as it relates to products. We'll have to tighten that up a bit because we want happy customers that aren’t disappointed if we chose not to produce a product that never should have been announced. ;)

Don't take it the wrong way - nobody including me is bent about it, and I completely agree that forums and websites are a very valid marketing tool. We'd just prefer to limit the "marketing" to products that we've actually decided to produce. ;)

Hawk
07-15-2005, 06:24 PM
SteveP, Hi.
I just want to say that I disagree with your statement concerning email as I believe that you left the sense that one cannot quote and post partial or complete emails on forums. Even if you applied your copyright claim in that circumstance, it is unlikely to be actionable in a court of law. No commercial use was intended, it was attributed and that it would be applied to fair use of public information. You don't mark it as internal use only, confidential or proprietary information. That it was freely delivered to another party outside your business your only recourse would be to bring suite on that party if you have a confidentiality agreement covering this information.
Otherwise there is nothing illegal or actionable with what was done with an email in this thread. :cool:

Magnum P.I.
07-15-2005, 07:49 PM
BitHead - Even though it happens way too much :D email is protected by copyright law, so its contents should not be reproduced without the consent of the author. You don't need to notify the recipient, you don't have to apply for copyright and the user is not absolved by quoting the source. I'm just tuned into this a little more than most because of my connection with publishing for so many years. Nobody is looking to whack anyone on the knuckles - I merely point out the aforementioned because the perception is that the contents of an email are fair game for just about anything. In truth, it's afforded the same protection as something you read in any magazine or book, or see in a picture or movie. I would agree that it's probably best for us not to divulge that information until any product developments are more concrete, so our bad. As I understanding it (I could be mistaken, it happens often ;) ), this was a reply to a Kyosho dealer with whom we would like to have a candid and open relationship as it relates to products. We'll have to tighten that up a bit because we want happy customers that aren’t disappointed if we chose not to produce a product that never should have been announced. ;)

Don't take it the wrong way - nobody including me is bent about it, and I completely agree that forums and websites are a very valid marketing tool. We'd just prefer to limit the "marketing" to products that we've actually decided to produce. ;)

\ So you could sou a kid for trying to give out info and look forward in the hobby? Even if it doesnt happen is it realy illigal?

mOOsE
07-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I see where he is coming from. When I worked at Hobbytown, we would get faxes, and emails about possible products or other inside info. While most of it was already public knowledge, some of it was not and the Hobbyshop has a strict agreement with distributors and manufacturers to keep those types of things to private.

Magnum P.I.
07-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah, so is it different if they didnt tell me not to share it and what not. I think if they dont want things spread they shouldnt give out info to random people. I'd respect them and not share it if they told me not to.

BitHed
07-15-2005, 09:54 PM
...if you dont want it spread then you dont say it...if you want it to become a rumour then you set it up like that...plain and simple..and someone on your staff says something then you fire them...if you cant fire them you cut them out of the loop...My god thats SO japanese lol...

mOOsE
07-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Rumor hahaha. Nothing like a thread title that says I got some Pro Info. lol
many people don't read on and just see the thread title then tell there buddies that their is now a pro version, and then they tell their friends and then...I wish I had friends to tell me rumors :( just kidding guys. But there is going to be a pro version release tomarrow...

SteveP
07-16-2005, 12:59 AM
So you could sou a kid for trying to give out info and look forward in the hobby? Even if it doesnt happen is it realy illigal?

That was not the intention of my post to even suggest we would do that - of course not. :o . It was our mistake for providing the information in any form.

My appologies - I don't want to turn this into a debate about copyright and confuse the issue. We simply didn't want information to get out about a product that might not be produced. I'll be sure to keep you guys up to speed if anything changes.

mOOsE
07-16-2005, 01:11 AM
But you could sue McD's for Hot coffee you spilled on yourself. I think I will poke my eye out with one of those old french fries at the bottom of the container. Then I could sue and get a brushless for the Half8 and some boost for the car. Anyway, welcome to the forums Steve. Good to see guys like you actually out n' about.

Magnum P.I.
07-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Alight i get it now. Dont use such hard words guys i get confuesed

halfEIGHT
07-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Hi guys. I've just started with Kyosho America and have to say, I really like this site. Lots of good info for the Half 8.

Thanks SteveP! Looking forward to your contributions! :)

WhoMe
07-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Steve. I know a pro version may not even exist. But id like to start alittle wish list here of what Id like to see in a pro version and maybe you can pass that on to Kyosho..*wink* *wink*
-Sealed gear diffs with extra durable components to handle the stresses that high powered motors put out. Like the sort youd find in the big buggies!
-Stronger wheels, (My stockers are in peices)
-Alloy knuckles
-Light weight universals throughout; to decrease rotational mass and get rid of some of the slop in the drivetrain.

If anyone else can think of things..feel free to add to my list. Thanks for listening Steve.

plain_simple
07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Add full ball diff on that wish Pro list lmao :D
Ohhh and a nice brushless system with a good torque motor too :)
Am i dreaming or what? eheheheheh

janniz
07-25-2005, 09:10 PM
My additions to WhoMe's (good) list would be:
- oil shocks for sure!!
- uncut/unpainted body (since I don't use the fake motor-head that big hole in the roof is kind of anoying)

(maybe: - alloy motor-mount to provide a little better cooling)

thedirt
08-05-2005, 04:50 AM
How about put all the parts that the reall 777 has except make it half the size. Simple :)