PDA

View Full Version : 1/10th wheels catch no lower arms

quikslvr
07-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Has anyone who is running 1/10th scale wheels run into the problem where the plastic reinforning on the inside of your wheel catches on the back side of the front lower arm when you turn the front wheels? I made some of BitHed's bithexes and are trying to use them with HPI 26mm web style wheels that I have seen a couple of you using.

I'm planning on grinding off the reinforcement in the wheels, but thought I would ask here first. I'd get the CAW extended hexes, but I just installed the 3Racing swing shafts.

maxxenitout
07-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm running the trinity wheel adapters with hpi rims with no problems, other than having to grind them down a bit to get more threads for the locknut to grab a hold of. I think some of the HPI rims come with little hex washers to increase the offset in the rims I wonder if you slip one of those in there if it will give you enough space so you don't hit anymore :confused:

mOOsE
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
should be ok with most hpi or wheels that have a wider offset. If you get 0 offset, I bet they will rub easily. I tried some tamiya rims and they had the same problem. Its all in the offset

quikslvr
07-12-2005, 06:52 PM
I think that explains the problem I uset HPI 3713 Mesh wheels with zero offset. I guess I should have used HPI 3718 with the 3mm offset. I did get them to work by grinding off some of the reinforcing ribbing inside the wheel. It probably won't affect the strength of the wheel too much on a light car like this.

mOOsE
07-12-2005, 10:49 PM
It should be fine as long as you avoid harsh landings. After all, the stock wheels even cracked with regular use.