PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

cyberfyn
07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi guys, new to this size of RC. I'm usually messing with my FG which is like 4ft long and 25kg or my full size Inferno. Anyway I've just ordered a H8 and alloy shocks from Dinball in HK and a Mamba 6800 package & battery pack from All-E-RC in the states, so they should be landing on me in the near future. I have a couple of questions: Does the car come with a full compliment of bearings? if not what size do I need & where do I get em from. With the Mamba is it best to upgrade any of the running gear straight away or just wait until something breaks? It also says in the instructions to stay away form Dust, Dirt, Mud, Water, Sand......... Surely this is what these cars are for right? So can I only use it on tarmac!

.5x8
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
well, welcome to the forums cyber, first of all, no the car doesnt come with bearings in the front and rear for the outdrives in the hubs for the rear and the knuckles in the front..so you need to buy those...you can get them either at the SHOP..which is this link--- http://www.halfeight.com/shop/home.php?cat=259&catexp=259 ....or you can get them from United RC, which is this link---> http://www.unitedrc.com/store/product.asp?BrandId=18&ID=87

2nd of all...
when you say running gear...i say run it till it breaks...and then...replace it with aluminum if u can...for things like gears..but for parts like shock towers....thats your choice...i stripped my slipper gears, so watch your mesh, after i stripped them..i bought the atomic alloy ones, they are very good and have a great finish. its very fit and play upgrade u you can do to ur h8.

3rd of all..
when they say keep out of dirt, mud, water and sand..i think they are talking about the gears...if not...MUST BE A TYPO! THERES NO WAY THEY MADE THIS BUGGY TO run ONROAD

o yeh...if you are wondering what batteries to get....the shop here stocks some URC packs, OR you can get them straight from www.unitedrc.com ..the batteries i recommend are the 8-cell nimh x42 packs