hkopium
07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Now front closer look

hkopium
07-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Even more closer look of front...

hkopium
07-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Now I can say bye bye to my Itsy Bitsy Wheel Adaptors and bye bye to "wheels flying out during racing" :mad:

Bad Company
07-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I was told that by CAW they were designed for use with the stock bushings and were loose fit with bearings, is this true?

They stated that the inner diameter of the bearings wasslightly largwe than the stock bushings.

I'd like to know before I purchase them, because I want to use bearings, not bushings.

Thanks

hkopium
07-12-2005, 10:25 AM
I was told that by CAW they were designed for use with the stock bushings and were loose fit with bearings, is this true?

They stated that the inner diameter of the bearings wasslightly largwe than the stock bushings.

I'd like to know before I purchase them, because I want to use bearings, not bushings.

Thanks

They are "very" slightly loose with bearings but acceptable and runs well. ;)

Not sure about with bushings because I threw them away long long time ago. :o

TamiyaBF
07-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Any ideas where these are for sale at ?

I would appreciate the help.

dway
07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Any ideas where these are for sale at ?

I would appreciate the help.
Send an email to country alloy works - CAW. I contacted them Sunday and they told me that they had 1 or 2 sets left out of the first batch. They are $36.95 shipped for a set of 4 - extended axle and hexes. I purchased one set, but contact them and see if they have another. Here is their email. countryalloy@countryalloyworks.com

bboots583
07-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Do your hex's hit the lower arm when you turn?

hkopium
07-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Do your hex's hit the lower arm when you turn?

Nope.

In fact, thanks to the big size Hex adaptors, the wheel base is now wider than before. The wheels extend further away from the body. CAW probably has already taken the bigger wheel size may touch the body during turning in consideration.

maxxenitout
07-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey hk keep that half8 out the sun, with all that "bling" the sun might reflect off of it and blind some one...lol.. Just kidding buddy, looks good!!

Crunch
07-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Awsome!!! Mine are still somewhere on the plane or at the post office. The wait is killing me.

TamiyaBF, I believe the shop here will carry them in the short future. :p

TAOB
07-12-2005, 04:20 PM
need to get a set of these.

RockDragon
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Nope.

In fact, thanks to the big size Hex adaptors, the wheel base is now wider than before. The wheels extend further away from the body. CAW probably has already taken the bigger wheel size may touch the body during turning in consideration.

Wow! HkO ... what a good job you've done.... very good looking H8 indeed.
Do you know how much wider with the caw hex on to compare with the original one? Will it be enough wider to fit those HPI 2.2" Rally tires (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAHL7&P=7) with HPI Super Star Rim (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCEA0&P=7) on without binding?

hkopium
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow! HkO ... what a good job you've done.... very good looking H8 indeed.
Do you know how much wider with the caw hex on to compare with the original one? Will it be enough wider to fit those HPI 2.2" Rally tires (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAHL7&P=7) with HPI Super Star Rim (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCEA0&P=7) on without binding?

The CAW Hex Adaptor is about twice the thickness of Kyosho stock one which is good enough to cater for most 1/12 or 1/10 rims.

But the HPI rim in the link I believe is for 1/8 buggy (thickness = 35mm) and stock rim is only 25mm. My HG rim is 25mm thick x 60mm in outer diameter... Your HPI one is 35mm x 74mm... This HPI rim may be too big I would say.

bboots583
07-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I have the dragon racing front hubs and when the wheels were turned full left or right the hex, not the wheel, would hit the lower arm. I had to dremmel the points off the backside if the hex to get them to fit properly. Have you ran your car yet with them on? Try turning your wheels to full lock and spin them with your hand. Mine were notchy as each point of the adapter hit the lower arm.

RockDragon
07-12-2005, 06:26 PM
The CAW Hex Adaptor is about twice the thickness of Kyosho stock one which is good enough to cater for most 1/12 or 1/10 rims.

But the HPI rim in the link I believe is for 1/8 buggy (thickness = 35mm) and stock rim is only 25mm. My HG rim is 25mm thick x 60mm in outer diameter... Your HPI one is 35mm x 74mm... This HPI rim may be too big I would say.

Hmmm.. These rims are for HPI super Nitro RS4 1/10 scale Touring car (http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/catalog2k3/18-19.jpg). I was wondering because I could put these HPI wheels on my RC18MT that got the Hot Racing 1/10 sedan Hex adaptor (http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=42707) on, and they are OK. No binding both during running and turning.
Well .. anyway thanks for your answers.

hkopium
07-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I have the dragon racing front hubs and when the wheels were turned full left or right the hex, not the wheel, would hit the lower arm. I had to dremmel the points off the backside if the hex to get them to fit properly. Have you ran your car yet with them on? Try turning your wheels to full lock and spin them with your hand. Mine were notchy as each point of the adapter hit the lower arm.

Oh, I see what you mean. The front hub and lower arm. I thought u meant the wheel. Sorry. :D

Just checked, they do touch.

But I have tuned the steering setting of my remote control not to steer all the way, around 85% of maximum steering, because my H8 tends to over steering when doing fast corner. I even lowered the steering response (servo quickness) slightly for that purpose.

Anyways, with my current setting, my maximum steering happens to be the front hub and lower arm just touching each other. :)

hkopium
07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Hmmm.. These rims are for HPI super Nitro RS4 1/10 scale Touring car (http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/catalog2k3/18-19.jpg). I was wondering because I could put these HPI wheels on my RC18MT that got the Hot Racing 1/10 sedan Hex adaptor (http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=42707) on, and they are OK. No binding both during running and turning.
Well .. anyway thanks for your answers.

Maybe you can try them on your H8, but I really think they might not work too well.

For stock adaptor, with the 65mm diameter rims with tyre, the front tyres are already close to the shell... 79mm diameter (74mm rim diameter plus 5mm tyre thickness) may make your front wheel touching the shell when turning corning.

With the CAW adaptors, maybe you can barely use 74mm diameter rims.

bboots583
07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks for checking. I thought I may have done something wrong. Nice car BTW.

Crunch
07-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Yes, those 2.2 Super Nitro tires and rims DO fit on the CAW hexes.

Here's a pic from my other thread.

http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/h8hb-1_640x360.jpg

P.S. > That's a pic from Frank @ CAW

BitHed
07-13-2005, 03:53 AM
..looks good fellas...and it sounds like everyone is ready to grab a set...I like the sound of that...

RockDragon
07-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Yes, those 2.2 Super Nitro tires and rims DO fit on the CAW hexes.
P.S. > That's a pic from Frank @ CAW

Thanks Crunch.... you just show me the light. That pic form CAW is very sweet with chrome finished. My set has white Rim. So I'm gonna have to get a set of the CAW hex if still available.

BidHed: Do you have any idea if TobeeCraft will come out with this kind of Hex adapter for H8? Any good news?

rdarsa
09-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Can somone post a link to web supplier - because I can't find it anywhere.

Cheers,

Richard.

mat3833
09-23-2005, 08:42 PM
its countryalloyworks.com i beleive. oh and with the extended axles you cant use CVDs, or can you? do you think they will make a CVD set? i want CVDs but if i cant run more tire choices then i will live without them, i guess.

Matt

BitHed
09-23-2005, 11:40 PM
...read through this whole thread and you will know everything you need to know re: suppliers and prices...

...Mat...correct...you cant use THESE with universals...at THIS stage there are no plans for a cvd version...but you never know with frank and the boys ;)

mat3833
09-23-2005, 11:49 PM
hey bit, can i gret a link to the bithex? i need it. also, woult you sugest just getting the adaptors and forgeting the CVDs? i want the tires n rims bad but it is a hard decision... :( o well life goes on, but barely!! :D oh and bit do you have any extra parts for sale? like these:Yeah racing Blue-sealed ball-bearings(wheels), 3Racing alum.motor-mount, 3Racing Front & rear alum.towers, 3Racing alum. Rear hubs, 3Racing alum. steering-knuckles. i need these bad. LMK

Matt

BitHed
09-24-2005, 12:44 AM
...matty do a search for bithex and go to the earliest thread you can find...thats it...

...right now if you go universal you cant use the CAW units and vice versa...Which to get? Depends what your plans are; what you want to do...I want to run 1:10 rims so will go CAW and put up with no CVD's...

...RE: Hong Kong items...I cant get any of those parts in wholesale form because they are imports for me...I have ONE set of PanicToys 840's bearings which are REALLY nice and ship for 15 USD...I DO sell japanese made carbon parts from a little known team callled FiveStars but they are a little more expensive than 3RACING...For good reason though ;) other than that all i can recommend is the usual avenues for getting your parts ;)

mat3833
09-24-2005, 02:59 PM
thanks, i think i will use the bit hex and then design my own adaptors( gota love pro E!) i will try to post pics if and when i make them. 15.00 shipped.... when will you get more? i dont have the money right now, and i dont have paypal so...... :confused: o well ill figure it out. thanks again.

Matt

tulsidas
10-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Now I can say bye bye to my Itsy Bitsy Wheel Adaptors and bye bye to "wheels flying out during racing" :mad:

Hello, I am looking at getting the 12mm wheel adapters from 3racing, will they fit these rims ? Also can u please let me which rims / tires you are using?. I must say they look nice !

BitHed
10-10-2005, 02:01 AM
...First of all...Tulsidas...YES the 3rACING 12mm hubs WILL fit ANY 1:10 rim...In Opium's pics he is using HPI SuperStars...I am unsure about the tires...I am using HPI stock car rims and HPI Rally tires...They work great...

...My set of these arrived yesterday and although its raining and i havent wound her out you can tell just by lookingat the setup that there is new life in the H8...She is sitting there raring to go...

...The big thick hubs LOOK heavier than they are...Persoanlly i would like to see them drilled out a little bit to reduce weight...But the size difference is understandable once you understand the job they are designed to do...

...The weight is there but again it a necessary evil for this part...The hubs let the rims sit WIDER than the chassis and the hubs are wide enough to let my runs turn either side WITHOUT the inside ribbing on the rim hitting ANY steering parts...Means a nice smooth ride and full steering circle...

BitHed
10-10-2005, 02:17 AM
...My car as it was with STOCK hubs etc was weighing in at 695 grams...Now with the CAW units it is 740 grams RTR; no batteries...That is WITH 1:10 HPI StockCar rims fitted...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/3741_01x.jpg

...You could get that a little lighter with a set of HPI SuperStars...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/3696_01x.jpg

...Or these new SUPER SEXY TE37 rims...These will be my next rims :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/3836_01x.jpg

BitHed
10-10-2005, 02:28 AM
...The axles themselves are the SPITTING image of the stock ones only longer...And all the loose bearing / bushing issues have been addressed and they flow like a dream...No rattling in there...I didnt use the supplied nuts instead i went with my favourite 'flanged' nuts to get a bit more solidness on the rim on the axle...RECOMMENDED MOD if you dont do it already...

...Packaging is clear and easy to understand and fitting takes about as long as it usually would to change a set of wheels...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/CAW/HEX4.jpg

...CONCLUSION: If you want plug and play happiness and the ability to run 1:10 rims and tires with ease then this item is THE choice...If you are going to be a weight weenie (like i sometimes am) then NO dont get these parts...But if you realise that the weight is directly proportionate to the role the hubs play then come on down and join the party :D You will enjoy the bigger footprint and the inspiring PUNCH that these hubs give the Mini Inferno...

...BTW on a side note I think these hubs will be VERY close to what the ST is released with ANYWAY ;)

tulsidas
10-11-2005, 02:37 AM
thanks bithed ! one more question are these 0 or 3mm offset wheels ?

BitHed
10-11-2005, 02:45 AM
...No problems...the ones i am using, the top ones of the three, are ZEROmm offset...The NEW ones I will use, the BOTTOM of the three, are AVAILABLE in different offsets but I will be using ZERO offset...

...Unless you WANT to widen your tread then you will be fine with the CAW adaptors and 0mm offset...The adaptors will keep your rims away from your steering arms etc...

tulsidas
10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
so if I understand this correctly, with the CAW hubs we can use zero offset rims as the hubs are thicker. However please help me figure out what works with the 3racing hubs?

Also am getting the 3racing front/rear swing shafts. Will the 3racing or CAW hubs work with them ?

thanks and cheers !

Smoothound
10-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Think I'll stick with losing the dog bones and do it another way myself :o

mat3833
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
will the 3racing adaptors work w/o mods? like turning wise, i dont want to have to mod anything to make it work. i want to use CVDs so i will use the 3racing adaptors if i can.

Matt

Smoothound
10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
i want to use CVDs so i will use the 3racing adaptors if i can.
Matt

Exactly, I can't quite see why CAW went this route and stayed with poxy dogbones

:eek:

BitHed
10-12-2005, 04:18 AM
...ok i will do my best to sell you on this ;) Please refer to the previous picture of the parts of the set...

...the STOCK AXLES on the H8 are TOO SHORT to fit a 1:10 rim WELL...They need some more thread to be 100% perfect...The CAW set gives you LONGER axles...they are the SAME cut and design as stock only longer...These will BASICALLY be what the ST comes stock with...The CAW set gives you LONGER 12mm HUMS drilled with a 3mm hole to fit the stock axle...the LONGER hub means the rim CLEARS the body and steering bits...it doesnt hit at all...

...sometimes some of the simple 12mm conversion hubs dont take into account the shorter stock hub, also they dont move the rim outboard, hence it hits or the steering gets hung up on any webbing / gussets in the rim...The longer axle in the CAW is the secret...

...NOW...

...As the ST will have longer axles ANYWAY, with a bit of cutting down, if needed, the CAW hubs will fit ON the ST axles and allow you to use 1:10 rims right from the get go...And STILL give you enought thread to hold onto :D

..At this stage there is NO plans from CAW for a universal version...BUT...3R WILL be doing a universal for the ST, which means, the CAW hubs WILL fit onto the 3R units, letting you drive off into the sunset with the 1:10 of your choice...

Smoothound
10-12-2005, 08:42 AM
How will the CAW hubs/axles take universals though, they are designed to take dogbones?

:confused:

BLACKHAWK444
10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Sounds good bit.

mat3833
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
i wonder, would it be possible to make CVDs that have the axle longer? maby you could adapt mini t cvds . i will see if they fit.

Matt

Smoothound
10-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Seems crazy, all that lovely machined alloy and then you screw them up with crappy old dogbones :rolleyes:

mat3833
10-12-2005, 11:17 PM
my point exactly, and on the mini t cvds i dont think they will fit.

Matt