PDA

View Full Version : Just spent a small fortune

dway
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Anyone else get tired of the out of box performace and go on a shopping spree? In the last 2 weeks I have purchased
3Racing :
Front and Rear Alum. Shock towers
Alum motor mount
C/F servo and steering plate
Alum steering knuckles
Alum rear hubs
titanium turnbuckles
Oil shocks
Spring Kit
bearings for wheels
Hitec 5245 Mini digital Servo
Mamba 25 ESC and cable
Mini AC 1215/12 brushless motor
Crowd Pleaser body
Super brain 969 charger
16 loose gp1100 cells to make packs out of

I think I have everything covered for a while - atleast my wife told me that I better have. Oh, and I gave up 1/10th scale racing and built a track in my back yard for this thing. Its very addictive. I will post some pictures of the car and my track once I get everything in and installed.

holy_inferno
07-10-2005, 08:30 PM
If all that is described as spending a small fortune, what would be a large fortune to spend? :)

halfEIGHT
07-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Sounds good, let us know when you've got it all together! :)

Sideshow
07-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Nice!

I think Im going to pick up those shock towers and shocks right off the bat along with my Intellect 1200 6 cell packs.

.5x8
07-11-2005, 04:58 AM
lol, i dont really think alum. towers are neccessary...(mispell?) if i break them....i would probably get just regular plastic ones....i would really like it if they come out with GRAPHITE for it though....

holy_inferno
07-11-2005, 05:25 AM
...Why aren't aluminum tower unnecessary...If you're referring to shock towers...why keep replacing them...Silver surface graphite ones are available

WhoMe
07-11-2005, 10:15 AM
And regular graphite ones are availible. Though Ive seen those snap. I wont upgrade till I break them three times.. and so far I have not broken them.

R32dude
07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
3racing makes graphite ones-I love mine!

hkopium
07-11-2005, 04:32 PM
A lesson I just learned...

3Racings uses different screw thread than other brands and Kyosho stock.

So consider this before you purchase 3Racing items.

Hawk
07-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Some of you guys crack me up. I have a 1/8 MP777. I use Racers Edge 7075 hard anodised aluminum shock towers that are 6mm thick and milled in some spots to reduce weight. I have ended up changing them out after 3-4 races. They get bent and sometimes break (I only saw somebody else break one, my son never has broken one of ours). There are all kinds of choices of what to run, from cheap to really expensive, aluminun, 6061 or 7075 and graphite. They all break, they all bend. Just get used to it unless, as someone else said in the tire thread, you have a shelf queen that doesn't get dirty.

There are no parts on the car that can't be replaced. If you play hard enough, you may replace most of them at some point. Or you can wrap it in foam and put a hermetically sealed bag around that and keep it pristine forever. What ever floats you boat. :cool:

I just have a small fortune in spare parts so I can decide on the spot if I want to keep running or not.
I just put together another car, a truggy, from spare parts and had to replenish some of the pool. Gotta rotate the stock you know.

holy_inferno
07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
...Everything bends or breaks with the right amount of force...If you want to use something that doesn't bend or break easily, use tungsten, the heaviest and strongest metal around :D

.5x8
07-11-2005, 10:27 PM
exactly..i rather have broken towers then bent towers....so yeh....and i mean graphite as in like NOT CF, like graphite on the xxx-bk2s....i would use EVERYTHIGN graphite if they made it...lol

Hawk
07-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Hum, I would think with a bent tower you can finish the race with some adaptation of driving style and some trim but a broken shock tower might put you out of the race altogether.
Funny though, a friend broke the shock tower on his MBX5 mid-way in the A main. He joked that because of the superior design, he could finish the race that way. I told him I never broke a shock tower so I don't have to finish that way. :D
:cool: