PDA

View Full Version : OK, Now that I'm hooked!

Hammer
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Well I must admit, I probably wouldn’t have purchased a Mini Inferno, on my own, this quickly. Recently, I helped a friend with construction at a trade show for a couple of days, part of his “thank you” was a Mini Inferno RTR.

After initial driveway trials, which I posted in my thread in the introductions forum, I realized this was so much fun I had to invest a few $$$ to make it even more fun. :p

I’ve ordered oil shocks and optional bearings, as a start, for handling hardware. I’ve ordered a couple of SPORT 42s battery packs and one Xtreme 42s battery pack from United RC as .5x8 suggested in the batteries forum. Of course, I then needed a new charger for the battery packs because I’ve only charged individual batteries until now. So here I am spending more money for a few hop-ups, than I would have to purchase my Mini Inferno in the beginning. :eek:

I must say I owe my friend much thanks! If he hadn’t sent me the Mini Inferno in his “thank you” goodie box, I’d would not have discovered this for quite some time. Now I’m hooked! ;)

Can anyone tell me how much increased performance I should experience using the United RC battery packs with the stock motor? I should receive my shipments Monday or Tuesday, but I can’t wait. Just thought I’d see if someone can let me know what to expect.

This is just too much fun! :D

holy_inferno
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Can anyone tell me how much increased performance I should experience using the United RC battery packs with the stock motor? I should receive my shipments Monday or Tuesday, but I can’t wait. Just thought I’d see if someone can let me know what to expect.
I only know about the increased speed if using the URC battery packs with the stock motor...the Mini Inferno should go about 28km/h, 7 km/h (dunno about imperial system) faster when using an 8-cell battery pack over a 6-cell...Dunno about all other performance aspects other than speed and decreased run time when using a battery pack.

Wasn't much of a help, I was :o

.5x8
07-10-2005, 05:15 AM
x] o yeh! im so pro!!! lol glad to help! ask questions ANYTIME and we will try our best to answer it!

Hammer
07-11-2005, 01:27 AM
yeh! im so pro!!! lol glad to help! ask questions ANYTIME and we will try our best to answer it!I think it’s great to have forums like halfEIGHT.com and Mini-ZRacer.com available for research and general information! :)

One week ago I knew very little about the Mini Inferno other than it was very cool. Once I had one, I was able to read the threads in this forum and search for specific topics, like battery packs. I was then able to determine what I wanted in the way of performance. You must always take everything you read in any forum under your own consideration. Given that, I was able to order a number of hop-ups that would greatly improve the way I wanted my Mini Inferno to handle. Without this resource, it would have taken me much longer to get to this point. ;)

One other comment for general interest. My first and only experience with RC cars has been driving and racing Mini-Z’s (1/24th scale), for the last couple of years. I find driving the larger scale Mini Inferno much easier, this is very cool as well!

I really feel like I’ve been driving the Mini Inferno for quite some time, this is really a lot of fun!!! :D