PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions about the Mini-777

Sasquatch
07-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I'll make it short and sweet:

Durability?

Could I use an 18T servo in there for the meantime until I upgrade to something better?

Wheels and tires? (not using the Trinity hex adapter)

Off-road ability?

Ground Clearance?

Raceability?

Bashibility?

janniz
07-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Durability?
Great. I just wore off one of the slipper gears, but that was just because my motor-mount got loose and I did not realize - so the pinion rubbed down the gear. Also all of my original rims cracked.

Could I use an 18T servo in there for the meantime
I think so. The original Servo is kind of small, too so it should work. I'm not sure about the mounting holes of the servo 'cause I don't own a RC18.

Wheels and tires?
Wheels are good grip and wear off slowly. But the rims tend to crack.

Off-road ability?
Great.

Ground Clearance?
It's not a Monster-Truck - but the clearance is fine for me.

Raceability?
Very good after a few upgrades (oil-dampers, bearings, 8-cell and better motor). This thing was built for racing :D

Bashibility?
You can bash it, but be aware that your rims, the shock-towers and maybe some other parts will break if you go are going really hard. But I dont't know any indestructable car - if you try hard enough, you can break anything ;)

I really love my H8 - I drive it as often as possible, because its plain fun.

.5x8
07-09-2005, 03:42 PM
yep, this car is great! the tires last long, and i only stripped 1 slipper gear because of my mesh...now i have alloy gears from atomic and its great! i really recommend this car...my friend is selling a h8 with ALL the BELLS and WHISTLES! contact him by email... tornacl@cox.net .....hes on this forum too!

Sasquatch
07-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I sent that dude an e-mail, I shall find out soon some more about his Mini-Inferno.

Now, if I don't decide to go for his buggy, I was going to go for the basics, oil shocks, bearings, GP1100 pack and CVD's. How durable is it like that? Are there any potential weak points I have to look out for (other than locking the slipper)?

Eventually, once i get a nicer servo and receiver for my18T (it's got a mamba 8000, so it needs quality stuff so it doesn't glitch and drive off and hurt someone), I'll transfer the 18T servo and receiver into the Mini-Inferno. Thats why i was asking if the 18T servo will work. I thought that the buggy's servo would be bigger because everything else is bigger, and I was worried that the 18T servo would be too small and weak.

Oh, almost forgot. Does GPM make quality parts? I remember hearing lots of fitment issues, quality control an general crappy parts for the Mini-T. Does this hold true for the Mini-Inferno?