PDA

View Full Version : Mamba brushless controller USB link

holy_inferno
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Just wondering...I got my Mamba 25 car control today and was wondering where does the Mamba USB link connect to the ESC..can't seem to find a place to connect together other than the receiver plug...

Mini-Devil
07-08-2005, 11:46 PM
You have to connect the USB link to the receiver plug.

R32dude
07-09-2005, 12:45 AM
I just got mine today as well w/ the usb link-I downloaded the software but when i plugged in my mambs esc there was an error and now it doesn't recognize that the esc is connected. Do i need a battery hooked up to the esc and should i re-downlaod the software and where is there some straightforward directions? thanks in advance! :)

akura2
07-09-2005, 12:50 AM
1.load the software
2.plug the usb cable into the computer
3.plug the Mambalink into the receiver plug (you should see a red light on the Mambalink)
4.turn on the "on" switch (that might be where you are having a problem)
5.the software should recognize it...
6.ready to program :D(use the software to update the mamba contoller first as there is a firmware update built into the software to fix some small issues ie. cogging)

Install instructions:
http://www.castlecreations.com/documents/PHX-Link%20Install.pdf

user guide:
http://www.castlecreations.com/documents/Phx-Link%20User%20Guide.pdf

R32dude
07-09-2005, 01:34 AM
I think im doing everything right. I have mamba link downloaded fine but my comp is not recognizing the link-it did pop up as if it recognized it the very first time i tried-but since it makes the noise like i'm plugging in a usb but nothing happens and on mambalink the 2 boxes on the bottom remain red!! I've got a kickbutt comp that is using windows xp pro!! any help would be appreciated! Akura-definently no batt needed right! Thanks for your help.

R32dude
07-09-2005, 02:57 AM
got it handled! my usb needed to be upgraded! :D

plain_simple
07-29-2005, 02:57 PM
LOL... s*** does happen doesnt it?! :D :D