PDA

View Full Version : GPM C-hub: where does it fit?

Mini-Devil
07-08-2005, 10:48 AM
I came across that hop-up from GPM on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49217&item=5986226908

.. but I can't find out where that part goes on the H8. Any idea?

Hawk
07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
In the manual on page 29 it is called the 'HUB'. C-hub is another commonly used name based on the use and shape of it. The steering knuckle is located by the C-hub by the king pin screws and spacers. Else where in the Kyosho manual, the hub is used to refer to the steering knuckle. You might begin to get the idea that these terms are used with some leeway in their meaning. Look at pictures and compare if possible.

As for the add on ebay you linked, it says front/rear c-hub. I think they meant left/right c-hub because this would not work as a rear hub at all. Once again, be careful and verify. :cool:

Mini-Devil
07-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks Hawk!

I had already compared the stock hub with the one from GPM, but I still can't see how the GPM hub can fit the upper and lower arms? It looks like there are not the right connections on that piece to attach to the arms.

Hawk
07-08-2005, 06:59 PM
:cool: Like I said, compare the pics and verify, :D . That is not the part they list for Mini Inferno C-hub. In fact, they list two parts, a 20 degree and a 22 degree c-hub (castor angle). The part numbers are MIF019A and MIF019B. I doubt they are listing the correct hub and would advise you don't buy this for a Mini Inferno.

akura2
07-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Here's a pic of the GPM C-Hub

Mini-Devil
07-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding Hawk :o I must have read your message too fast as I thought you were confirming the part that was featured in that eBay auction was indeed for the H8... My mistake :)