PDA

View Full Version : AON Electronics - What the !!!!

GraphicArtist
07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
I placed an order with AON on the 26th. Today they sent me an e-mail telling me that they are out of stock and won't be restocked until mid July! For those of you who are bad at math, that's NINE days! I was planning on taking my Half 8 to Indiana this Thursday, where the UROC ProNationals are being held. I was also planning on taking it with me to Seattle on the 16th, where I'll be vacationing for two weeks. Now, I don't have enough time to order anything else! In case you haven't guessed by now, I am extreemly upset with AON! GRRRR! :mad:

.5x8
07-06-2005, 01:22 AM
stick in a x-speed...and use ur stock electronics? lol..unless u got a extra ESC laying around..just stick in a x-speed and that esc...

AWW that means i cant get my BL till mid july?!?!? wtF...

GraphicArtist
07-06-2005, 02:02 AM
Actually, I just finished talking to Steve at AON. First, he checked his e-mail after hours (@ 7pm pacific time). Second he decided to make the effort to fix things tonight, so he called me to talk about it (wow). He is overnighting me a loaner 4900 motor for my trips. Then sending me a new motor when they're back in stock. These guys are really great, give them lots of business!

The past hour has really done a number on me, so I'm going to bed now.

acsubie
07-06-2005, 02:20 AM
steve is the man and im sure after you test that 4900 you'll be glad you went with AON

GraphicArtist
07-06-2005, 02:33 AM
I don't have any doubts about the 4900 motor. I've only heard good things about them from the people here that run them. I'm sure I'll be very pleased. I'm still stunned that everything has been worked out.

mOOsE
07-06-2005, 03:00 AM
bummer. I hate it when that happens. Like when I ordered my PSP, instock, then week later account showed 1 item backordered.

akura2
07-06-2005, 03:33 AM
bummer. I hate it when that happens. Like when I ordered my PSP, instock, then week later account showed 1 item backordered.

Did you get it yet?

just wondering because they are all in the stores... just got my second one (for wifey so she can stop playing mine)... they are AWESOME...

R32dude
07-06-2005, 06:08 AM
crap-I just ordered one today! I hope I have it by next tuesday because me and my buds get together every tuesday and its called "MINI-T TUESDAY" -we have a blast!!! :D my fingers are crossed!!

mOOsE
07-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Did you get it yet?

just wondering because they are all in the stores... just got my second one (for wifey so she can stop playing mine)... they are AWESOME...
ohh yeah. this was when all the stores were out. but i got one from kbtoys.com somehow and it even had spiderman. i could start a whole thread about this awsome thing but back to the original topic.

coryj
07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
you said you were vacationing in seatle
whats there to see here I leave to vacation
doesnt make sence to me

Hawk
07-08-2005, 06:42 AM
doesnt make sence to me
My ex and I spent two weeks on Anacortes. They have an awesome Samon barbeque up there. We were boaters and cruzed the straits, saw the islands and such. Beautiful from the water to see Seatle. I have a brother that lives in Puyallup, near Tukwila I think. :cool:

mOOsE
07-08-2005, 10:56 PM
doesnt make sence to me
no offense or anything but you should change your avatar...prob a little too upscale for an RC car website with younger kids accessing all the time ya know.

halfEIGHT
07-10-2005, 03:39 PM
I placed an order with AON on the 26th. Today they sent me an e-mail telling me that they are out of stock and won't be restocked until mid July! For those of you who are bad at math, that's NINE days! I was planning on taking my Half 8 to Indiana this Thursday, where the UROC ProNationals are being held. I was also planning on taking it with me to Seattle on the 16th, where I'll be vacationing for two weeks. Now, I don't have enough time to order anything else! In case you haven't guessed by now, I am extreemly upset with AON! GRRRR! :mad:

If it doesn't work out, FYI we have Castle Creations in stock, and shipping only takes 2-3 days! :)

http://halfeight.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=11

GraphicArtist
07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
doesnt make sence to me

We're spending a week in Vancouver and a week in Seattle. I have some RC friends that I am seeing when I go to Vancouver. Millions of people vacation here (Va. Beach), but I go elswhere too. I try to go to places I've never been.

GraphicArtist
07-12-2005, 05:57 PM
If it doesn't work out, FYI we have Castle Creations in stock, and shipping only takes 2-3 days! :)

Thanks, but they are taking care of me.

mOOsE
07-13-2005, 05:26 PM
did you get it yet or is it in stock?

GraphicArtist
07-14-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm still using the loaner motor. I haven't received the new one yet. They said they expect them to be back in stock in mid July. I've told them that I'm leaving this Saturday and to wait to send it at the end of July.

R32dude
07-14-2005, 05:33 AM
I called AON yesterday and they told me the 4900's wont be shipping until july 20th!!! :( :( :(

NiMo
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Ordered AON 4900 / Mamba package middle last week, sent out 31st July, arrive here in the UK today 3rd August and with no Customs charge.
I am impressed :D
AON gets a thumbs up on delivery service from me.

holy_inferno
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Whoa! That's faster than when I ordered a set of aluminum shock towers off Ebay...The seller was in Auburn, WA; I live in Seattle, WA, 35 minutes drive, 4 days delivery. :D

Gearhead
08-03-2005, 11:41 PM

Goto a hobby shop! support your LHS!

Remeber, this is a hobby :)

NiMo
08-04-2005, 06:47 AM

There is no Kyosho importer in the UK.
Kyosho France has taken over the contract but has yet to get the UK section operational.

BitHed
08-04-2005, 08:28 AM
...Well done AON :D 34 minutes drive and 4 days delivery? lol...Wha'd they do? Kick it down the street? lol...

Smoothound
08-04-2005, 10:13 AM
There is no Kyosho importer in the UK.
Kyosho France has taken over the contract but has yet to get the UK section operational.

I see they have started getting the Half 8 in the mags now though...

I thought Three5 Models were stocking them? I still need a new bulkhead for mine, I'm tempted to get the GPM Ally ones as I think they are lighter than stock.

GraphicArtist
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM

I work at Hobbytown USA. None of our suppliers carry the AON motor. I get a 34% discount, so I really wish I could have gotten it through my LHS! :)

hkopium
08-04-2005, 03:28 PM
umm... I want to say thanks to AON.

I ordered the 4900 from AON website, the customer service is great. Always replied my emails within 24 hours. And what surprised me is, the motor arrive in Hong Kong within a week!!! It is now sitting on my desk.

However, I do want to recommend AON to do a better packaging. I think it is better to wrap the motor in some protection thing (a cloth, fone balls, a box or whatever). The original package of the motor was not hard enough to protect the motor. And we all know how MACHO the postmen are :eek: My motor arrived with some dents on the original plastic case. I almost had a heart attack but then the motor turned out unharm. Not even a scratch on the motor shell. Charge the extra protection material on the customer, I bet they rather pay a few dollars extra for better wrapping than receiving a damaged merchandise. Just an advise.

Anyways, great service and fast delivery. Thanks! :)

BitHed
08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
...point taken opium...agree with you on that point...

...GraphicArtist...34% how come its 35%? What do you have to do to make it 35%? lol..

...Nimo get your stuff from the shop here mate...and it they cant help you PanicToys can..Now that I am heading BACK into business ;) Sorry boss i just couldnt help myself :o

NiMo
08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I see they have started getting the Half 8 in the mags now though...

I thought Three5 Models were stocking them? I still need a new bulkhead for mine, I'm tempted to get the GPM Ally ones as I think they are lighter than stock.
A bit off topic but Smoothound might be interested.
Due to me opening my mouth there is now a strong chance that these 1/18th scale buggies and trucks can run in on road trim at Aldershot to help boost the Open Wheel class (was Formula One) as the F1 field failed to get enough entries at recent meetings.
They will of course be scoring there own champioship points, so pass the word.

BitHed
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
...Nimo you sly little promoter you ;) Good job on the word of mouth loop mate...we ALL invited? Lets have the WORLD champs at your place this weekend ;)

NiMo
08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Overseas visitors are welcome.
27mhz and 40mhz only, still waiting legality on the 2.4ghz from the BRCA.

Smoothound
08-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Damn pity, I'm now running only 2.4Ghz Rx/Tx in all my cars and I've sold nearly all my 40Mhz stuff :D

Roll on 2.4Ghz for my planes and Helis :cool:

maxxenitout
08-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I work at Hobbytown USA. None of our suppliers carry the AON motor. I get a 34% discount, so I really wish I could have gotten it through my LHS!
Thats a killer discount, I used to work at a lhs and our discount sucked!!!LOL!
I have talked to a few lhs owners in so cal. and I believe they are going to start carrying the AON motors...

mOOsE
08-04-2005, 09:59 PM
I worked for Hobbytown for 6 years. Our is 10% added to the cost. or 50% off retail haha.

thedirt
08-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Who sells these Aon motors?? Tower, Horizon???

holy_inferno
08-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Aon motors can be purchased directly from the Aon (http://aonelectric.com) website. :)

theturd
08-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Please support your local hobby shops and tracks. They need your business. If they don't have it, please ask them to contact us (www.aonelectric.com or sales@aonelectric.com or 310-470-5188) on your behalf. Most of the LHS shops really appreciate your business, they would also appreciate you turning them unto some nice motors.

It's a win-win situation for everyone. Sometimes, your LHS will give you a special discount, because you are the ONE that is willing to take the plunge.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
AON Electric

BitHed
08-05-2005, 09:31 AM
...and I am still working on getting Japan 'tuned-in' to the AON spectacular :D Thanks for continually checking in and posting Turd...Its appreciated...