PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Oil Shock Kits in the store.

Bad Company
07-04-2005, 01:01 AM
I take it these are aluminum? Does anyone recommend the 3R or any others over these?

BitHed
07-04-2005, 01:29 AM
...much of the same muchness...for shox i personally prefer the KYOSHO and then the KYOSHO spring set but the 3Racing will serve you JUST as well, cheaper as well...Its just whether you are a purist or not ;) Sometimes like beggers like me just cant afford to be purists :o

Bad Company
07-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Well, I'm a purest when I can be. I would prefer to buy the Kyosho oil shocks, just wanted to make sure they were alloy. Now as far as the shock towers go, I'm going with CAW or GPM as Kyosho only offers blue and red as far as I know.

My list of soon to be purchased:

Half-Eight RTR
Kyosho Oil Shocks
Alloy Shock Towers
Bearings
United RC Xtreme Battery Packs
X-Speed Motor (Already have a Mamba 6800 to try out.)
Wheel Adapters
New Wheels & Tires (Can someone point me towards the larger wheels?)

I'm just waiting for my next OT check to buy all this stuff....

maxxenitout
07-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Check this thread for tires...
http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496
As far as rims any 26mm touring car rims work.

BitHed
07-04-2005, 04:24 AM
...BC FYI...I am running CAW alloy in the front and 3Racing carbon in the back ;) I am a WeightWeenie :o

Bad Company
07-04-2005, 07:15 PM
OK Here is another one, which bearings would I have to buy, all of the ones in the store? Or does it already come with some of those installed?

WhoMe
07-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Bad Company..did you used to post in the Xmod forums?

P.S. And to answer your questions...the Mini-t size bearings will work just fine in the hubs. Those are the only bearings you should have to get. The rest of the driveline is covered.

Bad Company
07-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Bad Company..did you used to post in the Xmod forums?

P.S. And to answer your questions...the Mini-t size bearings will work just fine in the hubs. Those are the only bearings you should have to get. The rest of the driveline is covered.

Yes, that is the same me from TinyRC and Mini-Z Racer forums. I moved on from Xmods and Zip Zaps a long time ago to the Mini-Z's, and now venture the world of 1/18th cars/trucks and 1/10 monster trucks.

Thanks for the reply, I just want to make sure I don't buy bearings that already pre-installed in the RTR.

WhoMe
07-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I did the same..yull really enjoy this scale. I remember the nice paint jobs you used to do on the Xmods.

BitHed
07-04-2005, 11:56 PM
QUOTE:
...This message has been deleted by akura2...

...Whats up Akura? Cant take the pressure? lol... :p

Bad Company
07-05-2005, 12:13 AM
BitHed.....?????

WhoMe...thanks. I plan on getting some clear bodies and doing some paint work, but don't expecy the kind of stuff you saw on theXmods.

I know I'm being a pain in the butt, but (lol) can someone point me a link to the correct touring car wheels/tires at like tower or something, I just want to make sure I get the right thing. Also, I guess I would have to buy the hex adapters and pins, correct?

Thank once again.