PDA

View Full Version : Slipper clutch question for brushless users

yellow
07-03-2005, 07:45 AM
First of all, wanted to give a shout out to Troy at www.b-p-p.com for the OUTSTANDING customer service and allowing me to get some dirt action by the long weekend. He kept his word and got me the Warp4 with a custom made pinion even via express mail. No affilliation, but I wholeheartedly recommend him!

Back to the heart of the matter: Does the slipper clutch slip only during acceleration, or is it also doing so at full throttle? I have tightened per instructions to the best of my ability without losing a finger.

Should I consider the atomic pads? Has this held up well with brushless setups? Can I completely disable the slipper clutch when ball diffs finally become available?

TIA for the help.

akura2
07-03-2005, 01:08 PM
It should only slip during acceleration and when landing from a jump at full throttle.... basically only when motor speed exeeds wheel speed

The Atomic pads work well but there is no real general consensus on installing them as there are no oonstructions.... Some people just put one of the pads in in place of the washer.... I took the two pads and glued them to both sides of the washer and put it in that way.... it seems to work better for me that way... the other way, people are complaning that they are wearing out really quickly, whereas I haven't had any issues... I'm using an AON 4900 and my slipper was cranked down prettty tight (which wore one of my rear diff outdrives smooth so I loosed it slightly)...

When the ball diffs come out... techinically you should be able to eliminate the slipper completely... because you can adjust the slip at the diffs

Smoothound
07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
What glue did you use to glue them on as I'm thinking along the same lines as you've done? On my 1/8th buggy(EB4S2) I use CA on the brake pads, I guess the slipper is going to see less heat...